+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from SFO

jv35

Sep 21, 2018
@c
FYI, I was able to get the PCC this month. I sent in the application by post July 24th and was able to get it back today. Last week i did i freak out a bit wondering if the embassy was actually closed and my passport was stuck somewhere, but someone did reply to me via email saying PCC current processing time is 15-20 business days

Timeline
Received: July 24, 2020
Got fedex return notification: Aug 14,2020
Got passport back: Aug 17,2020 (Seattle)

Hi! Did you apply at the SF Consulate?

If so, what was the photo size you used for the Miscellaneous services forms and Personal particulars proforma ? It says 3.5cmX3.5 cm but it has been impossible to try and print a photo anywhere in SF right now for that size. We have tried everywhere (Costco, CVS, Walmart, Walgreens) but no one seems to be doing that size. Can we instead use 2 in X 2 in (Standard passport photo size).

Also, did you mention an Indian address in both question 8a (Permanent Residential Address) and 8b (Present residential address) of the personal particulars form?

Thanks so much for your update! It's been such a huge help now that everything is closed and there's not many reliable sources of information available.

cipher1729

Aug 17, 2020
@c

Hi! Did you apply at the SF Consulate?

If so, what was the photo size you used for the Miscellaneous services forms and Personal particulars proforma ? It says 3.5cmX3.5 cm but it has been impossible to try and print a photo anywhere in SF right now for that size. We have tried everywhere (Costco, CVS, Walmart, Walgreens) but no one seems to be doing that size. Can we instead use 2 in X 2 in (Standard passport photo size).

Also, did you mention an Indian address in both question 8a (Permanent Residential Address) and 8b (Present residential address) of the personal particulars form?

Thanks so much for your update! It's been such a huge help now that everything is closed and there's not many reliable sources of information available.
Yes the SFO consulate
I got 2x2 printed and cut it to 3.5x3.5 on the personal particulars form.
On the main misc form, i just pasted a 2x2 because it didn't mention the size, as per i read on this thread that it also seems to work

I used Indian address on 8a and 8b , and used my US addres on 9

Reactions: localhost8100

jv35

Sep 21, 2018
Yes the SFO consulate
I got 2x2 printed and cut it to 3.5x3.5 on the personal particulars form.
On the main misc form, i just pasted a 2x2 because it didn't mention the size, as per i read on this thread that it also seems to work

I used Indian address on 8a and 8b , and used my US addres on 9
Thanks! Do you know if I can travel out of US while my PCC is being processed by the SF Consulate?

aneesh21

Aug 4, 2020
Yes, my bank statement was also missing email. The stamp had the name of the banker, his phone number(it might even be branch phone number) and branch Location address. Also at the time of getting this documents, I had 20k worth of credit card balance in Chase credit cards. So it doesn't matter.
Hi, do you know what documents you got as a proof of upfront medical exam? I have been told that i will get an email and did not receive any forms when i left after medical exam.

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hi, do you know what documents you got as a proof of upfront medical exam? I have been told that i will get an email and did not receive any forms when i left after medical exam.
When was your medical done? Did you do it in Berkley? When I did it in Berkley. It took like a week for the Hospital to send me the docs.

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Thanks! Do you know if I can travel out of US while my PCC is being processed by the SF Consulate?
You sure can. If you travel to India, you need get latest PCC after you come back to US. If you stay in any country more than 6 months, you have to get PCC of that country after you come back to US.

aneesh21

Aug 4, 2020
When was your medical done? Did you do it in Berkley? When I did it in Berkley. It took like a week for the Hospital to send me the docs.
That makes sense. I did it on Tuesday in Berkeley. I guess i will just wait a week for the docs then. I got worried since i had no proof That i have done it, but they were like we will send u the docs that u need to upload. Thanks again for your help.

klia

Sep 8, 2020
it says it is open in google. you might wanna call them. I have heard that they never pick up call.
Hi, can anyone let me know if the SFO consulate is open for public or not?
I need to apply for PCC and I don't want to send the passport through mail.I tried calling them but I got nothing.

Need quick response, thanks

klia

Sep 8, 2020
Hi, can anyone let me know if the SFO consulate is open for public or not?
I need to apply for PCC and I don't want to send the passport through mail.I tried calling them but I got nothing.

Need quick response, thanks
Can anyone please reply

Hotscotch

Aug 5, 2020
They told me to send a notarized copy of my original passport if I don't want to send the original. They told me they will accept the notarized copy in this case.

klia

Sep 8, 2020
They told me to send a notarized copy of my original passport if I don't want to send the original. They told me they will accept the notarized copy in this case.
How did you contact them? I just wanted to be sure before sending any documents
Also, have you received your PCC ?