+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC for US residents

hydigal

Sep 28, 2018
Hi. I live in MN and I have applied for PCC from Chicago consulate via mail. I have sent my original passport, photocopy of my passport front and back pages, my green card photocopy, my DL (self attested and notarized), with a money order of $27 and a letter explaining why I need PCC (to immigrate to Canada) and also included a priority return envelope. I have sent the package on the 18th and Consulate received it on the 21st.

Does anyone know how do I get a status? I tried calling the consulate but no response. I found a call center number which was asking for my credit card details saying first 5 minutes is free and then I’ll be charged. Not sure if it is legit. Is there a better way to track if it is in process? I didn’t receive any calls/ emails from consulate.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi. I live in MN and I have applied for PCC from Chicago consulate via mail. I have sent my original passport, photocopy of my passport front and back pages, my green card photocopy, my DL (self attested and notarized), with a money order of $27 and a letter explaining why I need PCC (to immigrate to Canada) and also included a priority return envelope. I have sent the package on the 18th and Consulate received it on the 21st.

Does anyone know how do I get a status? I tried calling the consulate but no response. I found a call center number which was asking for my credit card details saying first 5 minutes is free and then I’ll be charged. Not sure if it is legit. Is there a better way to track if it is in process? I didn’t receive any calls/ emails from consulate.
Try emailing them and see if they reply. Best way is to call the consulate number. Try around 3PM. I found most success around that time.

hydigal

Sep 28, 2018
This is the correct email but they hardly respond on emails. Your best bet is to catch them on phone.
I have called them today. They asked me to call back tomorrow and will have the information ready. Any luck with yours?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have called them today. They asked me to call back tomorrow and will have the information ready. Any luck with yours?
I received my PCC long time back but I had my own sort of issues with Chicago so I know they operate. Did you ask them if the case is here or have they referred it to India. If not today ask them tomorrow.

hydigal

Sep 28, 2018
I received my PCC long time back but I had my own sort of issues with Chicago so I know they operate. Did you ask them if the case is here or have they referred it to India. If not today ask them tomorrow.
Sure. I will ask them tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion!

I applied for EE on Oct 1st and got an ITA today. I knew that I’ll get ITA so I applied for FBI clearance and medicals. Both are done. I’m just waiting on this PCC. I’m looking for a thread to find steps after ITA to know more!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Sure. I will ask them tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion!

I applied for EE on Oct 1st and got an ITA today. I knew that I’ll get ITA so I applied for FBI clearance and medicals. Both are done. I’m just waiting on this PCC. I’m looking for a thread to find steps after ITA to know more!
You'll see many threads on the forums here. Also application post ita is not very complicated and pretty self explanatory.

smit1123

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Can someone please tell me that the signature did by BLUE or GREEN pen matters or not on Indian PCC?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I got Indian PCC from Indian Embassy, the signature is with a blue pen. Is this the issue?
I don't see why it should be an issue. I don't know if there is a specific rule if the letters signed should be in green. Generally it is signed in green but I don't see any reason to doubt that it would cause you in any issue.
Just upload the colored scanned copy.

Which consulate is this?

smit1123

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
I don't see why it should be an issue. I don't know if there is a specific rule if the letters signed should be in green. Generally it is signed in green but I don't see any reason to doubt that it would cause you in any issue.
Just upload the colored scanned copy.

Which consulate is this?
I applied to the Indian embassy in Turkey.