+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC for US residents

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
I got my PCC for India from Houston Consulate. It just mentions that there is no evidence of criminal charges etc. There are no dates , nothing.

It is just one page document printed on their letter head signed and stamped by the Vice Consul. They also mentioned that they issue the same to everyone who needs a PCC for Canada and haven't really had an issues.

I want to confirm the same with expert members here. Please advise.

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
I got my PCC for India from Houston Consulate. It just mentions that there is no evidence of criminal charges etc. There are no dates , nothing.

It is just one page document printed on their letter head signed and stamped by the Vice Consul. They also mentioned that they issue the same to everyone who needs a PCC for Canada and haven't really had an issues.

I want to confirm the same with expert members here. Please advise.
Anyone?

dopehead

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
Hi... i have a query with reference to exactly this point, so posting here....
I received Indian PCC from New york consulate without much fuss and as you have stated above, same is written in the document.
But i read in other forum(posted in FB), that states most common reasons for rejections of PR (generic post, which i will be posting here later)

That had one point for PCC that states:

Dates dont cover complete period of stay....so does this mean dates has to be mentioned in PCC of the stay or how do you interpret this? Since in my PCC India received from New york consulate doesnt mention dates. So would this be a problem?

Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Should be fine - my PCC worked fine, I got my PPR last week.

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

This is for a friend applying for PCC in the US. He resides in LA. So there is no Indian consulate close by. So he will have to mail his docs with notarisations for whatever necessary. My question is does he have to send all his old passports as well? Two what is the processing time?
Appreciate your response.

Thank you.

Trusty

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
Hello,

This is for a friend applying for PCC in the US. He resides in LA. So there is no Indian consulate close by. So he will have to mail his docs with notarisations for whatever necessary. My question is does he have to send all his old passports as well? Two what is the processing time?
Appreciate your response.

Thank you.
Every state in US falls under jurisdiction of some Indian consulate in US. Do some research to find out which consulate to use based on the state of residence. Download forms from consulate, read the instructions on the form, submit all necessary documents, submit original passport if consulate form asks to submit original passport (not all old passports, just current valid passport). Either go in person or mail it to the address mentioned on the consulate website or form, you should get the PCC in 1-2 weeks.

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Guys, I will applying for pcc from NY, my wife does not have my name as spouse in her passport, my passport was renewed recently so her name is mentioned in mine. Anyone who has experience from NY embassy if they will issue pcc for my wife without adding spouse name?

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
So my wife and I drove up to NY last week to get the PCC done and over with in person at the Consulate General (CGNY). Here's our experience in case it helps anyone.
- There is an option to drop off all documents in person including original passport between 9.15 and 11.30am Mon - Fri, where the staff at the Consulate will verify that all documents are present and will issue a receipt (one per passport)
- In person, you can either pay by cash or money order/cashier's check. No credit/debit cards accepted
- The fees are: $25 for passports issued by CGNY, $40 for passports issued by other authorities. Plus $3 per passport for the Indian Community Welfare Fee
- For documents, we submitted per passport:
- Filled up form for miscellaneous services
- passport in original
- photocopy of driver's license for address proof (for proof that you do fall under the jurisdiction of that consulate)
- photocopy of first and last page of passport
- photocopy of visa page (or Green Card if applicable)
- copy of I-94 (if applicable)

Once the documents/passport were collected by the staff and receipts issued, we were asked to return between 12.30pm and 1pm, or 4.30pm and 5pm that day - these are the windows for delivery of documents.

We did not need to notarize any document since we were applying in person.
If you're applying via mail, all photocopies from the list above need to be notarized. I would suggest going to any bank you're a member of to get this done. We usually go to our local credit union where notarization is done for free.

The Misc. services form on the CGNY website has no reference to the country that the PCC is issued for, so we had to write something on the lines of "Applying for immigration to Canada" on the form.

Finally, my passport was issued in India (in 2015) while my wife's was issued in New York. According to https://www.indiacgny.org/pages.php?id=87 same day service is NOT applicable to passports not issued by CGNY. However while dropping off the passport, I asked the clerk if I could get the PCC the same day and she said it depends on what they see in their systems about my background. I.e. if it's all clear, the PCC would be issued the same day and if more details were needed, it would take longer.

We picked up the PCC's the same day at 12.30pm.

Hope this helps.
Hi, where exactly in NY miscellaneous form you wrote applying for Canada immigration?
Do we have to carry any passport photos?

dopehead

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
Hi, where exactly in NY miscellaneous form you wrote applying for Canada immigration?
Do we have to carry any passport photos?
Apologies for the delay - yes, passport photos are needed. And it's been a while, but we just had to make a note on top of the application specifying it was for Canadian immigration - there was no dedicated field as such IIRC.

Reactions: dora115

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Apologies for the delay - yes, passport photos are needed. And it's been a while, but we just had to make a note on top of the application specifying it was for Canadian immigration - there was no dedicated field as such IIRC.
Thanks, I went last week in NY consulate. There's is a place to put passport photos in the form, I didn't paste it, it seems it's not mandatory, they asked me purpose of pcc, I said Canada immigration and same they wrote in the form in the counter. My passport was issued in NY and my spouse passport was issued in Mumbai they gave pcc on the same day for both of us. They charged 27$ for me and 42$ for my spouse. There was no issue with spouse name missing in the passport.

prshanthk

Apr 13, 2017
So my wife and I drove up to NY last week to get the PCC done and over with in person at the Consulate General (CGNY). Here's our experience in case it helps anyone.
- There is an option to drop off all documents in person including original passport between 9.15 and 11.30am Mon - Fri, where the staff at the Consulate will verify that all documents are present and will issue a receipt (one per passport)
- In person, you can either pay by cash or money order/cashier's check. No credit/debit cards accepted
- The fees are: $25 for passports issued by CGNY, $40 for passports issued by other authorities. Plus $3 per passport for the Indian Community Welfare Fee
- For documents, we submitted per passport:
- Filled up form for miscellaneous services
- passport in original
- photocopy of driver's license for address proof (for proof that you do fall under the jurisdiction of that consulate)
- photocopy of first and last page of passport
- photocopy of visa page (or Green Card if applicable)
- copy of I-94 (if applicable)

Once the documents/passport were collected by the staff and receipts issued, we were asked to return between 12.30pm and 1pm, or 4.30pm and 5pm that day - these are the windows for delivery of documents.

We did not need to notarize any document since we were applying in person.
If you're applying via mail, all photocopies from the list above need to be notarized. I would suggest going to any bank you're a member of to get this done. We usually go to our local credit union where notarization is done for free.

The Misc. services form on the CGNY website has no reference to the country that the PCC is issued for, so we had to write something on the lines of "Applying for immigration to Canada" on the form.

Finally, my passport was issued in India (in 2015) while my wife's was issued in New York. According to https://www.indiacgny.org/pages.php?id=87 same day service is NOT applicable to passports not issued by CGNY. However while dropping off the passport, I asked the clerk if I could get the PCC the same day and she said it depends on what they see in their systems about my background. I.e. if it's all clear, the PCC would be issued the same day and if more details were needed, it would take longer.

We picked up the PCC's the same day at 12.30pm.

Hope this helps.
Just have one question - I am from Boston and planning to go alone to NY consulate to get India PCC for both myself and Wife. Do my wife also has to accompany me in Person to get India PCC or I am thinking If I take her documents after notarizing that should be enough.

Can you kindly please advise

Thanks very much

raman12312

Mar 19, 2018
Thanks for posting this. Bank of America doesn't notarize copies, they notarize only signatures.

For Indian passports that were recently issued in India, they will have PCC s up to date and can give it immediately. If it is a old passport, like 2008 or 2009 ones, they won't have clearance in their system and will request one. Most likely new verification request will be initiated and police will physically verify.
Go to UPS office (mailing service) for photocopy notarizing your document. They charge $10 for the first document and $5 for rest of the docs.