Amritat

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
AOR Received.
19-11-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
Hi,
Did any one apply for PCC from New York consulate? Any idea how long will it take and any way to contact them? I tried calling them no response neither have they replied to my email. It’s close to 2 weeks and I have no update on it yet.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi,
Did any one apply for PCC from New York consulate? Any idea how long will it take and any way to contact them? I tried calling them no response neither have they replied to my email. It’s close to 2 weeks and I have no update on it yet.
Time depends on whether your case was referred to India or not. One of my friends got response from them on email when he had applied a few months back. In case your case is not referred to India they should send PCC back to you in 3 weeks.

Amritat

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
AOR Received.
19-11-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
Time depends on whether your case was referred to India or not. One of my friends got response from them on email when he had applied a few months back. In case your case is not referred to India they should send PCC back to you in 3 weeks.
Thanks...i should have opted to go there in person as I am worried about me not having my passport. I have to apply for renewal of my drivers license and need the passport

Amritat

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
AOR Received.
19-11-2018
Med's Done....
21-12-2018
The embassy team said that they have dispatched my documents 2 days back but I am not able to track them in UPS. The status in UPS still says shipment not received. I have mailed the embassy but no reply. I am really worried. Did anyone have such an awful experience???

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
The embassy team said that they have dispatched my documents 2 days back but I am not able to track them in UPS. The status in UPS still says shipment not received. I have mailed the embassy but no reply. I am really worried. Did anyone have such an awful experience???
U can try calling on helpline number on newyork consulate website and leave a message.Someone will definitely call u back.

jainv

Feb 5, 2019
I have couple of questions if anyone knows from their experience-
I am a US resident with Indian passport(current passport issued in India). I want to get a PCC but I do not want to send my passport away for 8 weeks as I might have travel plans. I wanted to know the following -
- Can I send notarized copy of passport instead of original passport to the consulate, to get the PCC by mail?
- If I get it done in person, do they still ask you to drop the original passport?
- Can I get my PCC from India instead of getting it from the embassy?

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
I have couple of questions if anyone knows from their experience-
I am a US resident with Indian passport(current passport issued in India). I want to get a PCC but I do not want to send my passport away for 8 weeks as I might have travel plans. I wanted to know the following -
- Can I send notarized copy of passport instead of original passport to the consulate, to get the PCC by mail?
- If I get it done in person, do they still ask you to drop the original passport?
- Can I get my PCC from India instead of getting it from the embassy?
One more thing if u r planning to go to India after applying for PCC then that PCC will not be accepted by Cic.as PCC should be issued after u come back from India.
This is my understanding..

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
One more thing if u r planning to go to India after applying for PCC then that PCC will not be accepted by Cic.as PCC should be issued after u come back from India.
This is my understanding..
This is correct and very important as many people have seen rejection because of this.

prit25

Aug 22, 2019
This is correct and very important as many people have seen rejection because of this.
Can you please point to a rule on cic website that says the same.

From what I’ve read, it’s valid as long as it was issued after you were in that country for 6 or more months in a row. In a row here is very important. So merely visiting India after PCC was issues wont make it invalid if your trip is shorter than 6 months.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

ravikandury

Oct 2, 2020
Has anyone got their documents notarized in California ? They seem to not stamp on the copy but attach a certificate with it. Is that acceptable to indian consulate?

Pinkyk

Apr 10, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to apply for Indian PCC from the U.S. All the steps are pretty clear in the link https://www.indianembassyusa.gov.in/extra?id=17 but I couldn't find the mailing address here. Please confirm if the address is Consular Wing Address
2536 Massachusetts Avenue,
NW Washington, DC 20008

Greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks

Last edited: