+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC for US residents

mhentry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hi, only document to notarize is your passport copy. I sent the printout of i-94, notarized copy of my passport bio pages and filled forms.

candachalo

Feb 10, 2018
Hi all,
May be my questions sounds dumb but I am having confusion here. I live in LA and on PCC form they are asking for Present Residential Address.
My first doubt is whether this would be my US address or Indian address ?
Secondly they are asking for 2 references in the applicant's locality. In case I have to give US address, then I don't have any references.

Please suggest what needs to be done here.

izaazyunus

May 4, 2018
United States
Category........
FSW
Hi all,
May be my questions sounds dumb but I am having confusion here. I live in LA and on PCC form they are asking for Present Residential Address.
My first doubt is whether this would be my US address or Indian address ?
Secondly they are asking for 2 references in the applicant's locality. In case I have to give US address, then I don't have any references.

Please suggest what needs to be done here.
For present residential address I put my US address. In permanent address I put my India address. For references I put two people in my home town (India)

candachalo

Feb 10, 2018
For present residential address I put my US address. In permanent address I put my India address. For references I put two people in my home town (India)

Thanks for the quick response. I too have filled the same way but had this doubt before submitting. Is your PCC complete ?

sejal214

May 3, 2018
I applied on 20th July. Got a call on 8/21 which I missed. Sent them an email, hopefully they will call me back.

sunny1704

Sep 26, 2018
Hi folks, I am applying for PCC with SFO consulate. I am based out of Washington. I was planning to go in person to submit the applications for me and my wife. Is it possible that someone else can collect the passport and PCC on my behalf later? I can prepare a authorization document. Is there any format for it?

mostlysane

Oct 2, 2018
Hello All,

I have recently moved to US and have no resident proof as of now. I got my learner's permit last week. I need to apply for PCC in New York ASAP. Will the learner's permit suffice as proof ?
I dont have time to apply for a state ID. Also, how soon can I expect the PCC to b delivered.

Thanks !

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello All,

I have recently moved to US and have no resident proof as of now. I got my learner's permit last week. I need to apply for PCC in New York ASAP. Will the learner's permit suffice as proof ?
I dont have time to apply for a state ID. Also, how soon can I expect the PCC to b delivered.

Thanks !
Learner’s permit may work but I’m not certain. How about a utility bill? Call the consulate and confirm on learners permit.

On the time it depends on whether your PCC record is available in the “system” or not. If yes, you can get it same day in person or 1-2 weeks if applied via mail. If not, then it will take 6-8 weeks and case will be refered to RPO in India.