+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 0006 result

BriaJ

Oct 15, 2020
I am an American citizen, my boyfriend is a Canadian Permanent Resident. We have been dating for two years and have traveled to see each other many times. When he came to Canada he was in a common law marriage but is not anymore. Does anyone know if that will affect me going over there or his stuff when he applies for citizenship for Canada? How thorough is their research when approving or denying people.

paul22381

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
I am an American citizen, my boyfriend is a Canadian Permanent Resident. We have been dating for two years and have traveled to see each other many times. When he came to Canada he was in a common law marriage but is not anymore. Does anyone know if that will affect me going over there or his stuff when he applies for citizenship for Canada? How thorough is their research when approving or denying people.
you need to submit IM0006 form. thats your evidence to proof the you are in a relationship with a canadian permanent guy past relationship dosnt matter anymore as long as he declared as single status any document related to canadian goverment trhue their background checking

BriaJ

Oct 15, 2020
you need to submit IM0006 form. thats your evidence to proof the you are in a relationship with a canadian permanent guy past relationship dosnt matter anymore as long as he declared as single status any document related to canadian goverment trhue their background checking
Okay thank you. He has not updated any documents related to Canadian government to show he is single yet. It still shows common law marriage. Thank you for responding and good luck to everyone during this process.

DINO71

Oct 16, 2020
Please I don’t understand how to fill the form,does the citizen sign digitally cause if they do you can’t write on the form again. If I sign digitally they can’t write on the form. And is it notarized digitally??? Please assist. Thanks

peetur

Aug 15, 2019
Please I don’t understand how to fill the form,does the citizen sign digitally cause if they do you can’t write on the form again. If I sign digitally they can’t write on the form. And is it notarized digitally??? Please assist. Thanks
Fill in everything you can on the computer. Then let the Canadian print it and the rest is filled in and signed by hand in front of the lawyer.

Zekarias

Feb 9, 2018
Quebec
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Applied 5th of October for immediate family, haven't received anything yet. I am on Work permit.

daviddock

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Category........
Does my brother need a visitor visa to come as an extended family member? Or is it enough with an authorization? He is from Colombia. If yes, it will take forever to get a visa.

peetur

Aug 15, 2019
Does my brother need a visitor visa to come as an extended family member? Or is it enough with an authorization? He is from Colombia. If yes, it will take forever to get a visa.
He needs all the normal paperwork. So yes he will need to apply for a visa.

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
So for people who don't have trv, they need a trv, the imm 006 form and a written authorization from IRCC. Is it? And this written authorization from IRCC, what's the way to get this?

kolkata2019

Aug 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
delhi
Ok, so they say that I need to send an email with details to request for authorization. Can I send it before applying for TRV?

ductileGecko

Oct 16, 2020
Hi,

Did everyone get the automated reply upon sending their email?

Something like this:

This inbox is only for those who:

1. Need to request a written authorization from the Government of Canada to reunite with an immediate family member (who is residing in Canada and who is NOT a Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident) for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose; or
  2. Want to tell us they are exempt from the travel restrictions AND their TRV (visitor visa) application received before April 9 is still in progress AND they are travelling to Canada for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose.