+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 0006 result

mohsink988

Oct 13, 2020
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has applied for their extended family members as per new rules on Oct 8? form IMM 0006? if yes, have you received authorization yet? How long did it take? And if you were refused, what were the reasons?

Thanks

Edmonddd

Mar 18, 2016
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has applied for their extended family members as per new rules on Oct 8? form IMM 0006? if yes, have you received authorization yet? How long did it take? And if you were refused, what were the reasons?

Thanks
Applied 10/08. No response yet.

mohsink988

Oct 13, 2020
I applied same day as well. However, the next day, they updated the form imm 0006. Which form did you apply with? And do you think i should apply again with the new form?

ripineros

Feb 13, 2013
We applied on October 8. Got the form notarized. The application was for my son (who is over 22) to come visit me.
It was rejected. They said that he doesn't qualify as an immediate family member and that his travel purpose was non essential. This make no sense as the application was for extended family, not immediate family and he is going to stay more than 15 days which means that he doesn't need to have an essential reason to visit. We emailed them back asking for clarification.

Edmonddd

Mar 18, 2016
We applied on October 8. Got the form notarized. The application was for my son (who is over 22) to come visit me.
It was rejected. They said that he doesn't qualify as an immediate family member and that his travel purpose was non essential. This make no sense as the application was for extended family, not immediate family and he is going to stay more than 15 days which means that he doesn't need to have an essential reason to visit. We emailed them back asking for clarification.
Hi Rip, what is your status in Canada, please? Are you citizen or PR, please? If yes, then your son is your immediately family member and you do not need the authorization letter.

ripineros

Feb 13, 2013
Hi Rip, what is your status in Canada, please? Are you citizen or PR, please? If yes, then your son is your immediately family member and you do not need the authorization letter.
Im a citizen. My son is over 22 so he is not considered immediate family. However, he falls under the definition of extended family.

misalgar

Oct 14, 2020
Does anyone have any information on how to sign the application? Does it have to be physically sent to the extended family member for them to sign?

orangedragon

Oct 14, 2020
Sorry to hear about your rejection. It doesn't make any sense, hope they clarify why. I'm in the process of applying myself and was wondering, did you get a digital notarization?

ripineros

Feb 13, 2013
Sorry to hear about your rejection. It doesn't make any sense, hope they clarify why. I'm in the process of applying myself and was wondering, did you get a digital notarization?
I went into the notary's office. I wasn't aware of any options of doing it digitally.

lysanora

Oct 15, 2020
I applied as an extended family member to visit my long distance partner (we've seen each other 2 months in the 1.5 years). I already have a TRV and my sister is in Concordia already and I will be starting PhD there in January. I sent in the form and the email with all the requirements on the 13th of October. Waiting for a reply, I live currently in Lebanon and life here is starting to take a toll on me, all I want is to stay with my partner in a safe and calm country. Goodluck everyone, will update on the approval (or rejection) once I get it.