+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If you have done MBA from India, do not opt for ECA from WES

Manpreetkaur864

Feb 23, 2020
Hi,

I have done my Master of Management Studies (MMS) from Mumbai University and wanted to now which ECA body (apart from WES) can give master's equivalency for my degree based on the past experiences of candidates who sought the assessment from bodies such as CES/ICES/ICAS/IQAS?

Looking for the most promising options here which can provide results in a timely manner too.

Please pour in your suggestions to help me choose the right body. Thanks in advance for all your help and kind gestures.
I did masters in management studies from mumbai university and WES considered my masters equivalency in 2016. It was full time course and college was oriental institution, vashi.

sid090188

Apr 14, 2020
I did masters in management studies from mumbai university and WES considered my masters equivalency in 2016. It was full time course and college was oriental institution, vashi.
Hi Manpreet,

I believe WES used to give equivalency for Indian MBA/MMS a while back but now that policy has changed. So which body should I go so as to achieve master's equivalency?? Do you know any trusted sources who have got it done from agencies different than WES and got a positive result for master's equivalency recently (2019-2020)?

Prerna141090

Apr 14, 2020
Hi,

I was wanting to get my Masters Evaluation done through University of Toronto (CES) since i did not get my masters equivalency through the evaluation done by WES.

I have done my Masters in Manangement Studies from Mumbai, India. Any reviews and feedback about the evaluation done through CES for Indian Universities for masters equivalency ?

Please help.

NikitaS

Apr 28, 2020
Hi,
Need help.
So I have done Bpharm and MBA from NMIMS which was a 5 years course.
I wanted to know which ECA will give me a masters equivalence for my degree? Will CES be better?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

sureshbh

May 4, 2020
Hello everyone,
You all must have heard people recommending to get ECA done from WES (World Education Services), especially in India. But if you have studies MBA from India, do not opt for WES. They will give it a Canadian equivalency of - 'One year Post graduate diploma' instead of 'Master's degree'.

I have studied MBA fron Nirma University, Gujarat. When I got my ECA done, I was awarded One year PG diploma equivalency. I raised a query as I had 2 years of full-time management degree, they responded that WES only gives Master's equivalency to MBA done from IIMs or IITs.

So please opt for University of Toronto for ECA, it may be a little costly, and takes 2 weeks more than WES, but it will give you more accurate equivalency. But if you have studied MBA from IIMs & IITs, you can opt for WES.

PS: WES takes 6 weeks to process an application, after it receives your documents in hard copy.

sureshbh

May 4, 2020
Hello everyone,
You all must have heard people recommending to get ECA done from WES (World Education Services), especially in India. But if you have studies MBA from India, do not opt for WES. They will give it a Canadian equivalency of - 'One year Post graduate diploma' instead of 'Master's degree'.

I have studied MBA fron Nirma University, Gujarat. When I got my ECA done, I was awarded One year PG diploma equivalency. I raised a query as I had 2 years of full-time management degree, they responded that WES only gives Master's equivalency to MBA done from IIMs or IITs.

So please opt for University of Toronto for ECA, it may be a little costly, and takes 2 weeks more than WES, but it will give you more accurate equivalency. But if you have studied MBA from IIMs & IITs, you can opt for WES.

PS: WES takes 6 weeks to process an application, after it receives your documents in hard copy.
Hello Sir

As per 2020 for ECA only our university needs to send the ORIGINAL transcripts and not photocopies
Also if we have Masters our university just need to send the degree and transcripts copies and not of B.Tech (Bachelors), 10th, 12th etc

Also is M.tech, which is a part of B.tech M.tech Dual degree course of IITs, is considered as Masters, because I couldn't find the same in WES equivelncy tool

Please confirm this and correct me if wrong

Thanks in advance

MARSAIL

Jul 22, 2014
Has anyone opted for WES from IGNOU?
I have MA from IGNOU; has anyone received a Masters Equivalency from WES?

sarthak93

May 30, 2020
Hi, everyone. I have done MBA from IIFT Delhi. Do i need to get ECA evaluation done for my Btech as well as MBA? or just MBA will suffice? I am planning to go with CES

rish6

Sep 5, 2013
WES is a very poor in terms of Indian degrees. IQAS and ICES are far better options :)
hI there, do you think dual degrees like the one in Mumbai - NMIMS (Mukesh Patel School) would get masters from ces? It is a 5 year dual degee program with two degrees: bachelors and mba. Could it be bachelors and MBA from CES? Please do share your thoughts.

rish6

Sep 5, 2013
Hello everyone,

Hi Kunal, thanks for this.
Do you think CES would give dual degrees - btech and mba (5 year program) as bachelors and mba from ces?

Apr 26, 2020
Hi. I did MBA from NMIMS MUMBAI and got evaluated as 1 year MBA and lost points. I am considerin getting evaluation from iqas or to Toronto university. Has anyone done it ? What's the cost ?

Anithacan

Jun 19, 2020
I submitted the application and transcripts around Dec 15th. I got the PDF via email yesterday, so almost 3 months time. This also included a couple of weeks of winter holidays around Christmas/ New Year time.

Also, since submitting my application there was no change in status till last week. Since last Sunday, status got updated on a daily basis and I received the PDF yesterday.

Do let me know if you need any further details.
Hi Mahesh,

Can you please let us know the name of the university in which you have completed your Bachelors and MBA. Myself and my cousin is doing some research to do PG diploma course or MBA .. your response will be helpful for us.

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi Mahesh,

Can you please let us know the name of the university in which you have completed your Bachelors and MBA. Myself and my cousin is doing some research to do PG diploma course or MBA .. your response will be helpful for us.
Bachelors from Anna University and Masters from Bharathidasan University

Reactions: Anithacan

sophie_2211

Nov 16, 2019
Hi All,

I have done my PGDM (2 years) from an AICTE approved college (Shanti Business School) in Gujarat after completing B.Comm from Gujarat University. I understand that WES won't give me a Master's equivalency. Can you please suggest which agency I should go with - CES, ICES, IQAS or ICAS. My college is not listed in AIU's latest PGDM to MBA equivalency list.

Thanks for reading my post, I'd really appreciate your replies.