Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Hello everyone,
You all must have heard people recommending to get ECA done from WES (World Education Services), especially in India. But if you have studies MBA from India, do not opt for WES. They will give it a Canadian equivalency of - 'One year Post graduate diploma' instead of 'Master's degree'.

I have studied MBA fron Nirma University, Gujarat. When I got my ECA done, I was awarded One year PG diploma equivalency. I raised a query as I had 2 years of full-time management degree, they responded that WES only gives Master's equivalency to MBA done from IIMs or IITs.

So please opt for University of Toronto for ECA, it may be a little costly, and takes 2 weeks more than WES, but it will give you more accurate equivalency. But if you have studied MBA from IIMs & IITs, you can opt for WES.

PS: WES takes 6 weeks to process an application, after it receives your documents in hard copy.

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
Hello everyone,
You all must have heard people recommending to get ECA done from WES (World Education Services), especially in India. But if you have studies MBA from India, do not opt for WES. They will give it a Canadian equivalency of - 'One year Post graduate diploma' instead of 'Master's degree'.

I have studied MBA fron Nirma University, Gujarat. When I got my ECA done, I was awarded One year PG diploma equivalency. I raised a query as I had 2 years of full-time management degree, they responded that WES only gives Master's equivalency to MBA done from IIMs or IITs.

So please opt for University of Toronto for ECA, it may be a little costly, and takes 2 weeks more than WES, but it will give you more accurate equivalency. But if you have studied MBA from IIMs & IITs, you can opt for WES.

PS: WES takes 6 weeks to process an application, after it receives your documents in hard copy.
You are right.. this is come into action recently according to their new policy. Any Indian MBA EXCEPT FROM IIM OR IIT will be treated like a PG diploma

This change happened few months ago. This was mentioned on their blog and email.newsletter also.

Applicants prior to that were lucky enough

Alberta Semi Skilled

Jun 28, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-07-2017
Passport Req..
12-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2018
LANDED..........
26-09-2018
Well, I did MBA from India and WES recognized it equilant to Canadian MBA!

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hello everyone,

Hi Kunal,

Thanks for your post. With the recent changes to WES document policy of not accepting transcripts sent by applicants and WES not evaluating Indian MBAs accurately, even I am considering other ECA agencies. You mentioned about University of Toronto's CES. Would you happen to know if they provide Canadian Master's equivalency for Indian MBA? I'm asking because unlike WES, you can just send your Masters alone to CES for evaluation and also CES charges are per credential (i.e if you want both bachelors and Masters to be evaluated, it'll cost around 400 CAD).

Hence if I send only my Masters and CES doesnt provide me a Master's equivalency, it would be a huge set back.

Kindly let me know.

Thanks!

kunalsingla1991

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Some of my friends have got their ECA done from University of Toronto. They received full equivalency.. SoI would suggest you to opt for that instead of stupid WES

Hi Kunal,

Thanks for your post. With the recent changes to WES document policy of not accepting transcripts sent by applicants and WES not evaluating Indian MBAs accurately, even I am considering other ECA agencies. You mentioned about University of Toronto's CES. Would you happen to know if they provide Canadian Master's equivalency for Indian MBA? I'm asking because unlike WES, you can just send your Masters alone to CES for evaluation and also CES charges are per credential (i.e if you want both bachelors and Masters to be evaluated, it'll cost around 400 CAD).

Hence if I send only my Masters and CES doesnt provide me a Master's equivalency, it would be a huge set back.

Kindly let me know.

Thanks!

Nickb89

Dec 31, 2018
hi all,
I did BCOM and MBA from Lucknow univ and UPTU. Also, I have got the desired 8777 score in IELTS, now the question is for the ECA.
As WES, have changed the rules such that university needs to send the transcript directly to them (but univ says they cannot send).
So from which organization I should go for the ECA assessment.

Also, Please suggest the process time as well. Moreover, I read somewhere that for IQAS only highest degree needs to be evaluated. so in case of Master, do I need to just send the Master's transcripts or BCOM as well.

Need information because you must have gone thru the same situation a few weeks or months back. Please share your experience, research and actions.
Thanks

Grv15

Oct 7, 2015
hi all,
I did BCOM and MBA from Lucknow univ and UPTU. Also, I have got the desired 8777 score in IELTS, now the question is for the ECA.
As WES, have changed the rules such that university needs to send the transcript directly to them (but univ says they cannot send).
So from which organization I should go for the ECA assessment.

Also, Please suggest the process time as well. Moreover, I read somewhere that for IQAS only highest degree needs to be evaluated. so in case of Master, do I need to just send the Master's transcripts or BCOM as well.

Need information because you must have gone thru the same situation a few weeks or months back. Please share your experience, research and actions.
Thanks
Hi Nick,

I'm also looking to get eca done for my bachelor's & masters degree. Can you please tell me the process of getting official transcripts from UPTU?
And which agency you chose to get it done? I'm inclined towards CES to get my eca report.
What do you think? Please try to reply back asap.

Thanks