+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If you have done MBA from India, do not opt for ECA from WES

Gopikrishna

Jul 26, 2020
Hello everyone,
You all must have heard people recommending to get ECA done from WES (World Education Services), especially in India. But if you have studies MBA from India, do not opt for WES. They will give it a Canadian equivalency of - 'One year Post graduate diploma' instead of 'Master's degree'.

I have studied MBA fron Nirma University, Gujarat. When I got my ECA done, I was awarded One year PG diploma equivalency. I raised a query as I had 2 years of full-time management degree, they responded that WES only gives Master's equivalency to MBA done from IIMs or IITs.

So please opt for University of Toronto for ECA, it may be a little costly, and takes 2 weeks more than WES, but it will give you more accurate equivalency. But if you have studied MBA from IIMs & IITs, you can opt for WES.

PS: WES takes 6 weeks to process an application, after it receives your documents in hard copy.
HI kunal
Thanks for the information. I got the same result like you.if I got to know earlier it wouldn't be happened. I did a mistake by choosing WES for which I lost 7 points. For 3yr BCom & 2 yr MBA they allotted me 4yrs Bachelors and 1yr PGDM.
Suggest me what to do now? Should I go with University of Toronto CES or IQAS ?? I have pretty much Time and money is also doesn't matter , I need 100% result of Masters Level study. What's your suggestion CES or IQAS?

P.S: IRCC already have our WES Evaluation results with them right. So is it fine for sending ECA again from other Organizations like CES or IQAS? I mean there will be no conflict in having multiple ECA'S right?
Thanks in Advance

Gopikrishna

Jul 26, 2020
Hi all
I have Bcom & MBA Degrees in India
Suggest me the best Organisation for ECA. I gone through WES and betrayed by them with PGDM equivalent degree in Canada for India's University MBA.
I want Canada Masters equivalent Evaluation
Which is best CES or IQAS? Money nd processing time doesn't matter, I need Masters Evaluation for my MBA in India.
Thanks for Advance.

pranshusahu

Aug 3, 2020
ECA queries.
Hi guys! Request your suggestions on below queries:
1) I have an executive MBA done 1 yr from North East frontier technical university in India and Bachelors for 4 yrs in IT engineering from RGPV Bhopal in India. Both universities are approved by UGC. Should I go for WES or IQAS? Can I check whether my universities is approved by IQAS like we can check in WES?

2) My wife is a BA 3 yrs, MA 2 yrs and BEd 1 yr. For her should I get all her degree accessed and should I go for WES or IQAS for her?

3) Does IQAS accept provisional degree certificate now a days?

Thanks in advance.

AishKrish

Nov 27, 2019
So I challenged WES on their assessment upon which they reviewed their evaluation and gave me a revised report which now has an MBA equivalency.
Hi Raviivar,

Could you please tell how did you challenge and also list the exact procedure for doing such challenge to WES
I received the report from WES during March 2020 end. Post which they haven't sent me the physical copy of the report, so do you think I will still have a chance to challenge like you did and get a master equivalency
Appreciate if you can help me here.

ramraj_s

May 25, 2020
Hi Kunal,

Thanks for your post. With the recent changes to WES document policy of not accepting transcripts sent by applicants and WES not evaluating Indian MBAs accurately, even I am considering other ECA agencies. You mentioned about University of Toronto's CES. Would you happen to know if they provide Canadian Master's equivalency for Indian MBA? I'm asking because unlike WES, you can just send your Masters alone to CES for evaluation and also CES charges are per credential (i.e if you want both bachelors and Masters to be evaluated, it'll cost around 400 CAD).

Hence if I send only my Masters and CES doesnt provide me a Master's equivalency, it would be a huge set back.

Kindly let me know.

Thanks!
HI Mahesh

I got same problem with wes, got pg diploma for my mba with wes.
now looking to get it with CES, do we need to submit both bachelors and MBA or Only MBA is fine to get Masters equalancy with CES.

please reply.

Gaurav1995

Sep 8, 2020
Hi All,
I had done BE in EXTC from Mumbai University and currently working as a software developer in an MNC company. I am planning to do MBA in Fintech from BITSPilani(WILP). Also, I am looking for working in Canada after my MBA. Will my MBA be equivalent in Canadian soil?

Akshaybr

Jul 7, 2020
To my surprise, I got my WES report in around a month's time. I paid fee on May 27 and got the report on June 30.
Unfortunately, WES gave an equivalence of mere post graduate diploma of 1 year to my MBA degree from an IIM. I have challenged their decision. Let's see how they respond.
I would strongly suggest everyone to avoid getting your ECA through WES. It's a waste of your valuable money and time.
Can you please how did you challenge WES for their assessment? Please advise

Akshaybr

Jul 7, 2020
So I challenged WES on their assessment upon which they reviewed their evaluation and gave me a revised report which now has an MBA equivalency.
Can you please share how did you challenge WES? What is the process that you followed?
Appreciate your support

Upadhyay91

Oct 6, 2020
Hi All,

I received my ECA report from CES today and the Canadian equivalency has been mentioned as shown below -

Can you please clarify if I can claim points for Masters equivalency based on this report?

Thank you!
Yes you can. Also can you help me with process who to apply for evaluation with CES

Hans05

Oct 8, 2020
I have a query regarding ECA. Would be great if could help.

I and my husband are in the process of Canada immigration and are stuck at getting the ECA done. I have done Master’s of Business Administration (Finance and Marketing) from Amity University Noida. Was hoping if you can help me with 1) Is Amity recognized by CES? 2) Degree Equivalency in Canada.

Hoping for your quick response.

Thank you!

kawalkaur07

Sep 27, 2020
Hello everyone,
You all must have heard people recommending to get ECA done from WES (World Education Services), especially in India. But if you have studies MBA from India, do not opt for WES. They will give it a Canadian equivalency of - 'One year Post graduate diploma' instead of 'Master's degree'.

I have studied MBA fron Nirma University, Gujarat. When I got my ECA done, I was awarded One year PG diploma equivalency. I raised a query as I had 2 years of full-time management degree, they responded that WES only gives Master's equivalency to MBA done from IIMs or IITs.

So please opt for University of Toronto for ECA, it may be a little costly, and takes 2 weeks more than WES, but it will give you more accurate equivalency. But if you have studied MBA from IIMs & IITs, you can opt for WES.

PS: WES takes 6 weeks to process an application, after it receives your documents in hard copy.
Is it true that WES give Master's equivalency to MBA done from IIMs or IITs? Do you have it in writing?

kawalkaur07

Sep 27, 2020
You are right.. this is come into action recently according to their new policy. Any Indian MBA EXCEPT FROM IIM OR IIT will be treated like a PG diploma

This change happened few months ago. This was mentioned on their blog and email.newsletter also.

Applicants prior to that were lucky enough
Can you please share the link of such notification?