+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

If you have done MBA from India, do not opt for ECA from WES

Anithacan

Jun 19, 2020
Bachelors from Anna University and Masters from Bharathidasan University
Hi Mahesh, We decided to proceed with PG diploma in Systems management (1 year course) in Madurai kamaraj university. Is this university is affiliated in WES or any other assessing body.

kumaraks

Jun 29, 2020
Hi,

I was wanting to get my Masters Evaluation done through University of Toronto (CES) since i did not get my masters equivalency through the evaluation done by WES.

I have done my Masters in Manangement Studies from Mumbai, India. Any reviews and feedback about the evaluation done through CES for Indian Universities for masters equivalency ?

Please help.
Hi,
I have done MMS from SIMSREE, Mumbai. From where did you do MMS? What process did you follow to get transcript?
Thanks
Alok

kumaraks

Jun 29, 2020
Hi,

I have done my Master of Management Studies (MMS) from Mumbai University and wanted to now which ECA body (apart from WES) can give master's equivalency for my degree based on the past experiences of candidates who sought the assessment from bodies such as CES/ICES/ICAS/IQAS?

Looking for the most promising options here which can provide results in a timely manner too.

Please pour in your suggestions to help me choose the right body. Thanks in advance for all your help and kind gestures.
Did you complete ECA? If yes, from where did you do it? I have also done MMS from Mumbai University and would like to get Master's equivalent in ECA. What process did you follow to get transcript from Mumbai University?

kalex123

Dec 27, 2018
Hello everyone,
You all must have heard people recommending to get ECA done from WES (World Education Services), especially in India. But if you have studies MBA from India, do not opt for WES. They will give it a Canadian equivalency of - 'One year Post graduate diploma' instead of 'Master's degree'.

I have studied MBA fron Nirma University, Gujarat. When I got my ECA done, I was awarded One year PG diploma equivalency. I raised a query as I had 2 years of full-time management degree, they responded that WES only gives Master's equivalency to MBA done from IIMs or IITs.

So please opt for University of Toronto for ECA, it may be a little costly, and takes 2 weeks more than WES, but it will give you more accurate equivalency. But if you have studied MBA from IIMs & IITs, you can opt for WES.

PS: WES takes 6 weeks to process an application, after it receives your documents in hard copy.
I completed my ms in 12 months from us I got it evaluaed as masters degree

raviivar20

Jun 30, 2020
To my surprise, I got my WES report in around a month's time. I paid fee on May 27 and got the report on June 30.
Unfortunately, WES gave an equivalence of mere post graduate diploma of 1 year to my MBA degree from an IIM. I have challenged their decision. Let's see how they respond.
I would strongly suggest everyone to avoid getting your ECA through WES. It's a waste of your valuable money and time.

raviivar20

Jun 30, 2020
To my surprise, I got my WES report in around a month's time. I paid fee on May 27 and got the report on June 30.
Unfortunately, WES gave an equivalence of mere post graduate diploma of 1 year to my MBA degree from an IIM. I have challenged their decision. Let's see how they respond.
I would strongly suggest everyone to avoid getting your ECA through WES. It's a waste of your valuable money and time.
So I challenged WES on their assessment upon which they reviewed their evaluation and gave me a revised report which now has an MBA equivalency.

Reactions: AishKrish

apanner

Feb 23, 2019
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Bachelors from Anna University and Masters from Bharathidasan University
Hi Mahesh,

I've done master degree MSC Electronic Media (Anna university Chennai(CEG)) 2 years . does CES will give a Master's Equivalency ?

I ve done Bsc - Bharathiyar university - planning apply in WES to get early report

Im applying two different institutes ... is it ok ?

or I need apply UG/PG with CES to get Master's Equivalency ?

Thanks
Panneer

Sourabh_IIFT

Jul 7, 2020
Hi, everyone. I have done MBA from IIFT Delhi. Do i need to get ECA evaluation done for my Btech as well as MBA? or just MBA will suffice? I am planning to go with CES
Hi Sarthak,

As per my understanding we need both btech and mba to be evaluated. I am from IIFT too, are you sure CES will give master's assessment to IIFT degree?

Bhargav Hosur

Jul 14, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I was filling the VTU Transcript form for Canadian PR to send it IQAS.

What is the reference number how to get the reference number ?

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi Mahesh,

I've done master degree MSC Electronic Media (Anna university Chennai(CEG)) 2 years . does CES will give a Master's Equivalency ?

I ve done Bsc - Bharathiyar university - planning apply in WES to get early report

Im applying two different institutes ... is it ok ?

or I need apply UG/PG with CES to get Master's Equivalency ?

Thanks
Panneer
Hi Panneer - I honestly can't predict the outcome of the ECA application. The best way to check would be to reach out to any of your department seniors who had already applied for ECA.

Bhargav Hosur

Jul 14, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I was filling the VTU Transcript form for Canadian PR to send it IQAS.

What is the reference number how to get the reference number ?

BravoJ

Jul 16, 2020
Guys, I have completed my MBA from MGU Meghalaya. It’s a 2 year full time course. I completed it in December 2015. Will WES downgrade it to a BA? Should I proceed with ICES? Appreciate your advice based on your experience. TIA

josekar

Jul 25, 2020
Hi all , the threads here are very helpful . Anyone here with a 2 yr PGDM from SPJIMR. Did the course get recognized as masters / MBA ? I am filing through WES now. Wanted to check before i go ahead

Oct 28, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
30-09-2019
AOR Received.
21-10-2019
Med's Done....
12-11-2019
Hi all , the threads here are very helpful . Anyone here with a 2 yr PGDM from SPJIMR. Did the course get recognized as masters / MBA ? I am filing through WES now. Wanted to check before i go ahead
A post grad diploma can't be assessed as MBA or Masters. No upgrade but rather downgrade assessment depending on the awarding institution and country.