+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2013 Uploading

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Justin86 said:
Ahhh ok, thanks for your guidance by the way :)

For the documents you need to sign apart from the IMM1295E, did you print them off and then scan them to sign?
Only the IMM1295E says don't worry about signing it as that comes after, so bit confused about that.
Yes, you don't need to sign IMM1295E as your application package will be signed digitally before you submit it.
I'm not sure about IMM5707E. I just printed, signed and scanned it, since the form required three signatures.

OC

Feb 11, 2013
Is it necessary to fill in the Family Information form? I'm not a passport holder form the listed countries but i'm unsure if it'll let me continue if I don't upload something... Also with the medical one? Did you just print/scan and check the 'no' option?

@iam_toby, if you don't mind me asking, where are you from?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
OC said:
Is it necessary to fill in the Family Information form? I'm not a passport holder form the listed countries but i'm unsure if it'll let me continue if I don't upload something... Also with the medical one? Did you just print/scan and check the 'no' option?

@ iam_toby, if you don't mind me asking, where are you from?
I am NOT sure if you need to sign the family information ( IMM5707E ). However, I printed, signed, scanned and then uploaded it.
I can't remember reading anything about a medical thing. Maybe only certain countries get that medical stuff.

Justin86

Feb 12, 2013
Does anyone know if it has to be paid with just a credit card? It asked if you could pay with Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
I have a visa debit? will that still work?

Justin86

Feb 12, 2013
Eughhh can someone help me with the digital photograph?
I scanned in my passport photograph, it's the perfect size for the chin to crown measurements but is only 50kb???
What should i do

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Justin86 said:
Eughhh can someone help me with the digital photograph?
I scanned in my passport photograph, it's the perfect size for the chin to crown measurements but is only 50kb???
What should i do
You can use ANY digital photo, it doesn't have to be your passport photo.
Just ask someone to take a photo and use any photo editing software to crop it according
to the IEC/CIC requirements.

Justin86

Feb 12, 2013
iam_toby said:
You can use ANY digital photo, it doesn't have to be your passport photo.
Just ask someone to take a photo and use any photo editing software to crop it according
to the IEC/CIC requirements.
Oh ok, i thought it would be an official one for documents and stuff. Thanks again dude

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Justin86 said:
Oh ok, i thought it would be an official one for documents and stuff. Thanks again dude
That's all you need to know about the photo:

Digital Photo

Dimensions:
The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").
The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1 7/16").
Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
Quality/Resolution:
If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.
File Format:
The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
File Size:
The final size of the image should be ideally 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
Colour:
The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB colour space which is the common output for most digital cameras.
So you should be good using ANY digital photo.

Justin86

Feb 12, 2013
iam_toby said:
That's all you need to know about the photo:

So you should be good using ANY digital photo.
Would you mind telling me what dimensions you used for the height and width?
I'm still struggling to meet the 60kb mark, damn these saving methods
The only way i can match the face requirements whilst having a big enough size file is a full body shot. They don't want that do they?

(i sent you a pm by the way)

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Justin86 said:
Would you mind telling me what dimensions you used for the height and width?
I'm still struggling to meet the 60kb mark, damn these saving methods
The only way i can match the face requirements whilst having a big enough size file is a full body shot. They don't want that do they?

(i sent you a pm by the way)
Think mine was about 600x600px.

MAUGHAN

Oct 18, 2012
Justin86 - Are you applying from within the UK?

If so how are you at the payment part already?, I'm still waiting for them to open the Kompass Acount/ conditional acceptance.

Got me freaked out
!!!!!

Justin86

Feb 12, 2013
I'm not, i just set up mycic ready. I'm at the same stage as you i think.

I just set up mykompass account, submitted my application. It said a notice of receipt would be sent to my messages. My application is locked, yet i haven't got message?

Anyone have the same problem?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Justin86 said:
I'm not, i just set up mycic ready. I'm at the same stage as you i think.

I just set up mykompass account, submitted my application. It said a notice of receipt would be sent to my messages. My application is locked, yet i haven't got message?

Anyone have the same problem?
That's not a problem, that's the way it works. Patience my friend! Just wait, you'll get the message.