+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2013 Uploading

andyruges

Feb 6, 2013
After you apply to the IEC you should get an acceptance letter within the first 2 weeks if your application is accepted.

I reckon the UK applications are delayed because the 6350 Irish applications were received in 2.5 days, compared to 5000 in 5 months in 2012. The radio stations were blurting it out every 5 minutes so I blame them for making everyone jump on the bandwagon ::). It opened on 29th Jan and, like the UK site, it stated that applications would start from before 1st Feb.

I got my acceptance letter after 6 days of applying. So I guess I was lucky.

When it comes to the IMM1295, after you upload it without a signature, the next stage of the process is electronically signing (basically typing your full name into a text box and hitting 'Agree') your application so I guess that covers it.

Justin86

Feb 12, 2013
Can someone help me with where you have to upload a police certificate? Is that a CRB check? I don't have a criminal record so not sure what i need?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Justin86 said:
Can someone help me with where you have to upload a police certificate? Is that a CRB check? I don't have a criminal record so not sure what i need?
Try that link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

Justin86

Feb 12, 2013
iam_toby said:
Try that link:
Ah awesome thank you.

Just so i understand this correct, all the supporting documents can come after? The race is to apply through the IEC scheme when it opens first and you get your conditional letter?
So i shouldn't be worried that i don't have my police check just yet?
Or should i pay the £80 and get it soon as possible?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Justin86 said:
Ah awesome thank you.

Just so i understand this correct, all the supporting documents can come after? The race is to apply through the IEC scheme when it opens first and you get your conditional letter?
So i shouldn't be worried that i don't have my police check just yet?
Yes, that's correct. But keep in mind that getting the conditional acceptance letter doesn't mean you'll get the WHP permit.
They'll be given away on a first come first serve basis, so once you get the IEC letter you should get the MyCIC part done as quick
as possible. So better get your police record now and have all the documents ready by the time you start applying.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Justin86 said:
Or should i pay the £80 and get it soon as possible?
I just paid it. It took me about 3 weeks to get my police check. I wouldn't waste
3 weeks in that process.
I don't know how long it'll take for the record check to arrive, but if I were you, I'd get it
as soon as possible. You'll get the conditional acceptance letter for sure, if you meet the requirements.
So if you checked these, you should be good.

Justin86

Feb 12, 2013
iam_toby said:
Yes, that's correct. But keep in mind that getting the conditional acceptance letter doesn't mean you'll get the WHP permit.
They'll be given away on a first come first serve basis, so once you get the IEC letter you should get the MyCIC part done as quick
as possible. So better get your police record now and have all the documents ready by the time you start applying.
Oh wow, good job i checked this page. They keep all those bits quiet then. Ill pay the £80 and get it hopefully by monday.
Why is this such a struggle and mission to complete :(
I only want to go so i get to spend a year with my girlfriend

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Justin86 said:
Oh wow, good job i checked this page. They keep all those bits quiet then. Ill pay the £80 and get it hopefully by monday.
Why is this such a struggle and mission to complete :(
I only want to go so i get to spend a year with my girlfriend
It's a hassle, I know. But the easiest way to get a one year work permit.

The IEC applies the principle of "first come, first served" for both assigning places and processing applications in each stage. If you are taking more time than another applicant to pay your participation fees or to submit your application to Stage 2 (MyCIC), other applications may be proccesed before yours.
Quotes from another countries IEC FAQs. First come, first serve.

Justin86

Feb 12, 2013
iam_toby said:
It's a hassle, I know. But the easiest way to get a one year work permit.

Quotes from another countries IEC FAQs. First come, first serve.
Yeah, it'll be worth the £80 then. Do you guys think it'll sell out really quickly then? I just find it strange that Bunac are running work shops about it in march and april yet they'd probably be full up by then

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Justin86 said:
Yeah, it'll be worth the £80 then. Do you guys think it'll sell out really quickly then? I just find it strange that Bunac are running work shops about it in march and april yet they'd probably be full up by then
Yes, it won't take too long. Some countries are already maxed out. The IEC Germany opened on Feb 7th and there're only
1.307 out of 4.200 left.

Justin86

Feb 12, 2013
iam_toby said:
Yes, it won't take too long. Some countries are already maxed out. The IEC Germany opened on Feb 7th and there're only
1.307 out of 4.200 left.
Oh wow that's crazy. I'm sending the £80 off tomorrow so i'll hopefully get the police record back by monday. I wish there was an easier way to get a work permit. I hate how it's so difficult if you're from england

Also i'm confused on the section where it says about a document to submit a medical exam. On the list of countries, it says United Kingdom doesn't need one? Or am i misreading it. Do you tick yes or no for the medical exam if you are from the UK?

All the other documents you need to sign, do you just leave them blank or scan them in?

Justin86

Feb 12, 2013
iam_toby said:
I just paid it. It took me about 3 weeks to get my police check. I wouldn't waste
3 weeks in that process.
I don't know how long it'll take for the record check to arrive, but if I were you, I'd get it
as soon as possible. You'll get the conditional acceptance letter for sure, if you meet the requirements.
So if you checked these, you should be good.
Sorry meant to ask you, did you pay the £80 for 2days police check? because if that took 3 weeks, that's a joke considering.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Justin86 said:
Sorry meant to ask you, did you pay the £80 for 2days police check? because if that took 3 weeks, that's a joke considering.
I'm not from the UK. Different countries different prices. There wasn't an 'express' option for me.

Justin86

Feb 12, 2013
iam_toby said:
I'm not from the UK. Different countries different prices. There wasn't an 'express' option for me.
Ahhh ok, thanks for your guidance by the way :)

For the documents you need to sign apart from the IMM1295E, did you print them off and then scan them to sign?
Only the IMM1295E says don't worry about signing it as that comes after, so bit confused about that.