+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I Obtained 1 year work permit instead of 3 years

Payap

Mar 21, 2021
Hi, I didn't use webform but I called IRCC immediately and I told them I submitted all documents such as 2 graduation letters, transcripts, from the 2 programs that I completed at Seneca but ended up getting 1 year instead of 3. The agent asked me for my UCI number and went thru my files and told me that the visa officer might have made a mistake. She then said that she will forward my file for reconsideration and I need to wait for 1 month for reconsideration. After 1 month I received a notification on my email from IRCC and found that my work permit has been revised to 3 years.

You can use webform but I think u may need to reattach the files such as graduation letters, transcripts again and your UCI number
Hi

It's good to hear that you got your 3 year work permit. But in my case my feyonce applied for work permit after completion of 2 years study n he got only 1 year approval in January 14 instead of 3....
He also discussed this issue with IRCC and they asked about the reason and all the documents are verified again by the team n they forward the request to higher authority to correction.
But it's been above 2 months passed n we are not getting any update regard to this..
Our lawyer without asking from us also filled Web form for correction... later we get to know about it... is it creating problem in amendment.
Please suggest what is needed to be done now?? To get 3 year work permit ASAP..

Megha Bisht

May 15, 2021
I called IRCC,

They told me that my application may have confused the person who processed it. He thinks the person who processed my application thought that the 2 graduate certificates which are of 4 semesters in total do not account for 2 years that's why they gave me 1 year work permit. The IRCC guy I spoke to told me that I need to get a letter from Seneca college stating that the two programs I did are accountable for 2 year in length altogether and I should apply for a reconsideration on their website again.

Hello Sir,
I have the same issue, could you please tell me how to apply for reconsideration?
Actually I mistakenly just uploaded the recent graduation letter and transcripts for 2 years of programs. I called CIC they asked me reapply but to be honest because of the pandemic I am hardly able to manage my expenses and can’t afford to repay for it. Could you please help me to know how to apply for reconsideration?

Aug 30, 2021
Hi

It's good to hear that you got your 3 year work permit. But in my case my feyonce applied for work permit after completion of 2 years study n he got only 1 year approval in January 14 instead of 3....
He also discussed this issue with IRCC and they asked about the reason and all the documents are verified again by the team n they forward the request to higher authority to correction.
But it's been above 2 months passed n we are not getting any update regard to this..
Our lawyer without asking from us also filled Web form for correction... later we get to know about it... is it creating problem in amendment.
Please suggest what is needed to be done now?? To get 3 year work permit ASAP..
Did u heard back from them? i have a similar issue they responded but are maintaining there original decision. however they asked me to apply offline if i think i am eligible for further extension, now i am not sure if i need to apply right now for extension or at the end of the one year.

Samirpanara86

Sep 11, 2020
Hello Sir,
I have the same issue, could you please tell me how to apply for reconsideration?
Actually I mistakenly just uploaded the recent graduation letter and transcripts for 2 years of programs. I called CIC they asked me reapply but to be honest because of the pandemic I am hardly able to manage my expenses and can’t afford to repay for it. Could you please help me to know how to apply for reconsideration?
I am also in the same situation. Did you get your extended work permit later? I called ircc agent. He went through my application. He looked everything that I had attached docs. From my side, everything is right. Then he told me there was an error in expiratory date of work permit. And then he mailed to the main office. He also told me that you will receive final decision in couple weeks. I am waiting for their reply now. I did two one year program. I ended up getting one year work permit instead three. My all classmates got three years. Hope for the best

Yosola

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
I am also in the same situation. Did you get your extended work permit later? I called ircc agent. He went through my application. He looked everything that I had attached docs. From my side, everything is right. Then he told me there was an error in expiratory date of work permit. And then he mailed to the main office. He also told me that you will receive final decision in couple weeks. I am waiting for their reply now. I did two one year program. I ended up getting one year work permit instead three. My all classmates got three years. Hope for the best
How did you reach the IRCC office?

Aug 30, 2021
Hello, this same thing happened with me , can you please give me number to call them for this
You can google the cic number talk to them. They’ll ask u to fill the webform through their website for reconsideration. Upload the additional documents supporting your claim and explain everything in the webform. They are responsive on twitter as well.

Aug 30, 2021
I called that number but it was busy always what should I do
Keep trying i use to try atleast 3-4 times before it would actually put me on hold To connect. I know its the worse. Also fill the webform Thats ur best shot but take ur time figure out what u did wrong with the intial form so u can add the supporting documents via web form

Aug 30, 2021
How much time it takes you to do all these ? And when did they approved it ?
It takes time. Atleast 1-1.5 months. Mine was further complicated and took like 3 months. But when they reissues your visa and they will, you’ll get 3 years starting the date when they reissued ur visa so dont worry there. Keep trying the number to talk to them.