+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I Obtained 1 year work permit instead of 3 years

Joseph2222

Nov 5, 2017
Hi guys,

I did a 2 year program which qualifies me to obtain a 3 year work permit, however I received a 1 year work permit. All of my friends I studied the same program with, got a 3 year work permit except myself. My passport validity is untill 2026. I submitted every doc's they needed and besides I didn't do any unauthorized work or anything.

What do u think I should do?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys,

I did a 2 year program which qualifies me to obtain a 3 year work permit, however I received a 1 year work permit. All of my friends I studied the same program with, got a 3 year work permit except myself. My passport validity is untill 2026. I submitted every doc's they needed and besides I didn't do any unauthorized work or anything.

What do u think I should do?
Send a Webform and ask for reconsideration.

Joseph2222

Nov 5, 2017
either there has been a mistake or you lied/withheld some facts

did you contact ircc?
I am going to call them this Monday, I don't know what went wrong. I didn't lie/withheld any facts. I feel so down. I never thought I would end up getting 1 year after I invested so much money to study for 2 years. Any way such is life.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
This isn't going to resolve overnight, but if there was no issue with your application it will be reopened and reconsidered.

Joseph2222

Nov 5, 2017
I called IRCC,

They told me that my application may have confused the person who processed it. He thinks the person who processed my application thought that the 2 graduate certificates which are of 4 semesters in total do not account for 2 years that's why they gave me 1 year work permit. The IRCC guy I spoke to told me that I need to get a letter from Seneca college stating that the two programs I did are accountable for 2 year in length altogether and I should apply for a reconsideration on their website again.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I called IRCC,

They told me that my application may have confused the person who processed it. He thinks the person who processed my application thought that the 2 graduate certificates which are of 4 semesters in total do not account for 2 years that's why they gave me 1 year work permit. The IRCC guy I spoke to told me that I need to get a letter from Seneca college stating that the two programs I did are accountable for 2 year in length altogether and I should apply for a reconsideration on their website again.
So did you do 2 year program as you said in your first post or is it 2 separate programs? Now it depends on the details of those programs, did you include transcripts & completion letters for both programs?
They told you to make a new application?

Joseph2222

Nov 5, 2017
So did you do 2 year program as you said in your first post or is it 2 separate programs? Now it depends on the details of those programs, did you include transcripts & completion letters for both programs?
They told you to make a new application?

I did 2 seperate graduate certificates at Seneca back to back. Submitted my 2 completion letters and all transcripts.

Joseph2222

Nov 5, 2017
No I didn't write any letter, I called CIC again and the agent forwarded my files on my behalf for reconsideration. Hope I will get a positive result.