+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I Obtained 1 year work permit instead of 3 years

Aug 30, 2021
It takes time. Atleast 1-1.5 months. Mine was further complicated and took like 3 months. But when they reissues your visa and they will, you’ll get 3 years starting the date when they reissued ur visa so dont worry there. Keep trying the number to talk to them.
Tweet them if you could also if you need help join me on twitter @shrey29614965

Sahithi A

Mar 14, 2020
I got the same issue now. I raised a web form but no reply. Could you guys share any tips that would be helpful? I’m so worried!!

Cyberbeast

Sep 1, 2022
Any updates guys? Im on the same boat now, called them and they said they forwarded my file for reconsideration but i didn’t have any proof or confirmation for such.

akssh001

Sep 2, 2022
I called IRCC,

They told me that my application may have confused the person who processed it. He thinks the person who processed my application thought that the 2 graduate certificates which are of 4 semesters in total do not account for 2 years that's why they gave me 1 year work permit. The IRCC guy I spoke to told me that I need to get a letter from Seneca college stating that the two programs I did are accountable for 2 year in length altogether and I should apply for a reconsideration on their website again.
Hi,
I'm facing the same. I'm trying to call IRCC but I'm not getting a hold of any Agent from IRCC. IVR says " We can't transfer the call as of now Please try after some time". I have also raised a web form but nothing is working out. Did you call on this number 1888 242 2100?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I'm facing the same. I'm trying to call IRCC but I'm not getting a hold of any Agent from IRCC. IVR says " We can't transfer the call as of now Please try after some time". I have also raised a web form but nothing is working out. Did you call on this number 1888 242 2100?
The person posted in 2019 and not on the forum since 2021. What is your issue? All you can do is wait.

WPTO

Jan 23, 2023
i have just started a new job in my field and i was counting on PGWP for 3 years. idk what to do now, it is unfair.

Sahithi A

Mar 14, 2020
Did you try to submit webform or anything when you received it only for a year?
Yes, but I didn’t get any reply from them. As the minimum time to report the correction passed away, I had to re-apply for extension. The whole time I was foolishly waiting for their reply to the webform lol. I understand it’s really frustrating. Rather than submitting a webform, call them and report it. If the call doesn’t connect right away, call more than 5 times continuously. It will be connected for sure. Don’t worry everything will be fine. Good luck!

Reactions: WPTO

WPTO

Jan 23, 2023
Thank you so much @Sahithi A , i am so disappointed because of this, trying everything to fix it. Hopefully it will be fine. will let you know

WPTO

Jan 23, 2023
No breaks, full time, my classmates got for 3 years. my program was professional accounting from sheridan. total 4 sems, 16 months, no express program. everyone is getting 3 years. what is the minimum time to report the correction ? is IMM 1436 helpful?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No breaks, full time, my classmates got for 3 years. my program was professional accounting from sheridan. total 4 sems, 16 months, no express program. everyone is getting 3 years. what is the minimum time to report the correction ? is IMM 1436 helpful?
Is your passport expiring? You can raise a webform and ask for reconsideration.