+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I currently have a job - does it mean I have a job offer?

iwasjeff

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2015
Doc's Request.
08-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
08-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
11-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
13-Jan-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
27-Jan-2016
I have been working full time since Feb 2014. I still hold the same position at the same company.

When applying for PR, does it mean I currently have a job offer? or not?

kainthsimranjit

Dec 1, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missisauga / CPC - Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
If you have an LMIA approved job you can answer the question as YES. Otherwise answer it as NO.

vinodram

Feb 5, 2015
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it means you’re having Job Offer, However if your WP does not have positive LIMA associated you will not get the 600 points

iwasjeff

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2015
Doc's Request.
08-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
08-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
11-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
13-Jan-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
27-Jan-2016
kainthsimranjit said:
If you have an LMIA approved job you can answer the question as YES. Otherwise answer it as NO.
I already received my ITA - I do not have LMIA (although it's still in process, I happened to get an invitation as my points were around 460). During my EE application, I had put down Yes for current job offer not knowing, (I believe the answer no still doesn't change any points).

When I answered Yes for Job offer, It asked if it is approved for LMIA and I said "NO".

Since I had put down yes for EE, should I put down the same answer for PR application so there is no discrepancies?

iwasjeff

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2015
Doc's Request.
08-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
08-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
11-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
13-Jan-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
27-Jan-2016
vinodram said:
Yes, it means you're having Job Offer, However if your WP does not have positive LIMA associated you will not get the 600 points
I already have my ITA, this is for PR application..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iwasjeff said:
I already received my ITA - I do not have LMIA (although it's still in process, I happened to get an invitation as my points were around 460). During my EE application, I had put down Yes for current job offer not knowing, (I believe the answer no still doesn't change any points).

When I answered Yes for Job offer, It asked if it is approved for LMIA and I said "NO".

Since I had put down yes for EE, should I put down the same answer for PR application so there is no discrepancies?
If you keep it as Yes, the system will prompt you to upload 3 different documents in work experience. If you change it to Yes, the system will ask for just the work reference letter.

The 2 other documents are typically required from applicants with LMIA job offers - Offer of employment & Letter of employment.

Changing it to No will have no other consequences except this.

iwasjeff

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2015
Doc's Request.
08-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
08-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
11-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
13-Jan-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
27-Jan-2016
Asivad Anac said:
If you keep it as Yes, the system will prompt you to upload 3 different documents in work experience. If you change it to Yes, the system will ask for just the work reference letter.

The 2 other documents are typically required from applicants with LMIA job offers - Offer of employment & Letter of employment.

Changing it to No will have no other consequences except this.
I am kind of confused. So should it be yes or no? (My HR wrote offer of employment and letter of employment already as they were applying LMIa for me prior to ITA). But I do not have LMIA.

Since I put down as Yes for EE application as per HR's recommendation, I should be okay to put it down as yes and "no" for LMIA, correct?

Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iwasjeff said:
I am kind of confused. So should it be yes or no? (My HR wrote offer of employment and letter of employment already as they were applying LMIa for me prior to ITA). But I do not have LMIA.

Since I put down as Yes for EE application as per HR's recommendation, I should be okay to put it down as yes and "no" for LMIA, correct?

Thanks.
I've laid out the consequences - your call now.

Some members did not have those additional letters so they changed their answer to No post ITA while others didn't. No consequences beyond those additional documents.

foreigngirl

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:

Some members did not have those additional letters so they changed their answer to No post ITA while others didn't. No consequences beyond those additional documents.
We still don't know if there are 'no consequences' as they haven't received PR, right?

We put 'yes' for the first question and 'no' for the question about LMIA. We figured that CIC wouldn't be asking the same question twice. So the first question asks about a job offer (they don't care if you have LMIA or not) and the second question is about having LMIA. Why would they ask the same thing twice?

And we also figured that we do have some sort of 'job offer' because my spouse (primary applicant) is here, in Canada, and working, so he must have received some sort of job offer at one point or another. You wouldn't be working without a job offer, right?

iwasjeff

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2015
Doc's Request.
08-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
08-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
11-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
13-Jan-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
27-Jan-2016
foreigngirl said:
We still don't know if there are 'no consequences' as they haven't received PR, right?

We put 'yes' for the first question and 'no' for the question about LMIA. We figured that CIC wouldn't be asking the same question twice. So the first question asks about a job offer (they don't care if you have LMIA or not) and the second question is about having LMIA. Why would they ask the same thing twice?

And we also figured that we do have some sort of 'job offer' because my spouse (primary applicant) is here, in Canada, and working, so he must have received some sort of job offer at one point or another. You wouldn't be working without a job offer, right?
This is what confused me the most .. I've been in Canada for a long time. I've been working in Canada and my "HR" believes the answer is yes and the reason is same as yours, which I agree with. However, next part is asking information about my current employer. What bothers me and makes me question is the redundancy..

For the sake of consistency, I will keep my answer as "yes" since that's what I've put down for EE application.

iwasjeff

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2015
Doc's Request.
08-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2015
IELTS Request
08-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
11-Sep-2015
Passport Req..
13-Jan-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
27-Jan-2016
Asivad Anac said:

When you say no consequences, do you mean it won't affect my application even if I change my answer from EE application ? At the time of applying for EE, I thought I do have a "job offer" since I am currently employed, but I am not so sure the purpose of the question from CIC anymore since they ask me if I am currently employed right after that..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iwasjeff said:
When you say no consequences, do you mean it won't affect my application even if I change my answer from EE application ? At the time of applying for EE, I thought I do have a "job offer" since I am currently employed, but I am not so sure the purpose of the question from CIC anymore since they ask me if I am currently employed right after that..
That's exactly what I mean based on members experiences with EE from January.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iwasjeff said:
If you have an ITA, you probably cannot change your EE application - it should be locked. I think it's fine to answer the way you did, and I and many others did the same, on the same theory as foreigngirl - if you only answer YES if you have an LMIA, why do they then ask IF you have one? If that were the case, the next question should be: What is your LMIA number? and then we would all know to backtrack and say NO to the original question.

I also wanted it to be clear that I had a job, as I wanted to use my T4 and NoA as backup proof of funds, since I barely had the amount required for two people in the bank. I sent my original offer of employment, a letter of employment stating that I was currently employed, and a reference letter setting out my job responsibilities and that the job was of indeterminate duration, full time, and non-seasonal, as well as detailing my salary and benefits. I included my T4 and NoA from the previous year.

No one has yet come back and said they answered in this way and they got PR. But neither has anyone said they were rejected for answering this way - or the other way, either. So don't stress, and go with what feels right to you.

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
Does it matter for CIC whether You are currently employed or not as long as you have one year of work exp??