+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I ACCIDENTALLY CREATED ACCOUNT IN PR CONFIRMATION PORTAL

Jan 22, 2024
I did the same mistake, I still haven’t received the first portal email! Everything shows as completed on PR status tracker and I can see Copr document number but no update what so ever and not a single email from ircc, I tried emailing twice to tell them about this mistake but no reply.
how long did it take you to get a reply after everything shows as completed? Im getting super anxious it’s been over a month now :’(

m4rk

Feb 28, 2024
No, Send a mail to IRCC .
Explain that you created an account and they will sort it out
Hi there. I created a PR Portal account because I thought that I needed to since I'm a permanent residence applicant, but I later saw on IRCC's website that I shouldn't have done it on my own as it would cause a delay to my application. I've already contacted IRCC via web form, but they haven't answered yet. I'm about to submit my passport tomorrow at the Visa Application Center in Manila for visa stamping, as they've already sent a passport request letter to me. Do I need to do something or not?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi there. I created a PR Portal account because I thought that I needed to since I'm a permanent residence applicant, but I later saw on IRCC's website that I shouldn't have done it on my own as it would cause a delay to my application. I've already contacted IRCC via web form, but they haven't answered yet. I'm about to submit my passport tomorrow at the Visa Application Center in Manila for visa stamping, as they've already sent a passport request letter to me. Do I need to do something or not?
No,wait for next correspondence...
It will take a bit longer but will resolve.

justcyanide

Dec 13, 2023
I did the same thing, the message on p1 is so confusing!
I had no issues though, got p1 on Feb 5 and p2 on Feb 26. Bit of a long wait, but cannot know if this had anything to do with it, or it is just the general slowness of Montreal VO.

HR228

May 24, 2024
Hi, I received an email from IRCC on may 8th and accidentally created PR portal account on May 9. I have called IRCC and responded to the email about the account. and I haven't received any response from yet. I filled a webform as well on May 23. IRCC isn't able provide a timeline and asking to wait.
How many days/ weeks does it take approximately to get the PR portal credentials in this scenario?