01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
I got this reply.
What do you think about this?
Departmental records confirm that this application was received on August 23, 2018, and is being processed at the IRCC Office in Vancouver. Your application is currently in queue to be reviewed. The current processing time for applications in this category is approximately 31 months from the date of receipt of the completed application. Therefore, it appears that this application is proceeding normally with no unexpected or unwarranted delays.
It's a standard reply. It doesn't mean anything either positive or negative about your case. It just means they have received your application.

Reactions: Bobby_786

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
Thanks for reply. Any chance we can speed up our application?
Not even MP help?
No - there isn't any way to speed up your application.

An MP cannot influence or speed up an application.

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
I see you were educated in the UK. How long did you stay there? I view this as a negative since it seems obvious that you were trying to leave your home country. How valid your asylum case was will also factor in this because you fought the case as long as possible. It is very hard to comment on the case. Yes your child's autism will help. Usually you need formal testing not just a diagnosis from a paediatrician. Notes of support only go so far unless the people actually interact with you and your family on a regular basis. Notes from employers are more helpful than a random MP that you've had no contact with.
Hi

What is AIP ?

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hi, you can't really be guided online because H&Cs are complex and unique to the applicant.

Generally speaking it seems that you may have a good application to present but it has to be presented well and maintained by providing information and evidence all the while you await a decision. Get a new job, children achieve something, whatever things happen that could possibly add value to your application should be submitted/added to your file.

Letters of support are good and you don't have to stop collecting them, get more and add them. Have you seen any news articles regarding your home country and your situation that you'd like the decision-maker to consider? Print them out and add them to your file. Did your children do something so demonstrably Canadian (it happens all the time) that couldn't possibly be repeated, built upon or furthered should your family leave Canada? You would know better than I what limits there might be for your children scholastically and socially should their lives be disrupted by leaving Canada (not simply medical stuff here). Do your children have letters of support from their schools, friends' parents, organizations or place of worship?

The Department outlines their key factors online:
  • how settled the person is in Canada
  • general family ties to Canada
  • the best interests of any children involved, and
  • what could happen to you if we do not grant the request.
Other matters can be considered as well, but take each one and write down what you have provided and as you find more material then submit it and add it to your list. Keep your own file and recall that these people will likely only see what you give them, they do these all of the time and they're looking to see if ALL of the stuff you've provided adds up to a positive decision.

Be clear, be concise, be realistic and be constantly updating your pre-decision application so that it remains current. It is a person making the decision and the ages, length of time in western education and the social adjustment of children to what is likely a more diverse range of opportunities in Canada are appealing because they advance the idea of them integrating into Canadian society seamlessly, and suffering a hardship should they be removed.

It is a positive thing for the officer to have concern that children not be removed from what has been an emersion into Canadian/western society and where the children are flourishing after this steady exposure. If someone has a daughter and she joins a club empowering girls, for example, this speaks to a core Canadian value. Girl Guides, or another positive social group would be an example of such a thing, I believe.

What works, what doesn't - H&Cs are hard to fiddle with so tell your family story in conformity with what the outlined factors detail, and have a bulleted summary of how you have tried to fit your facts into each of the factors. A "good" H&C is built in blocks of evidence under the Department's own outlined factors for consideration, and they are personal, kept well ordered and they are to the point.

Best of luck
Hi
What AIP?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Realistically, it’s impossible to say. It will all depend on the strength of your application, ties to Canada, exceptional reasons for them to consider your H&C claim, if children are involved, if you are eligible, the government of the day policy and the disposition of the review board the day they review it. Just too many variables to come up with an arbitrary number.

Bobby_786

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Realistically, it’s impossible to say. It will all depend on the strength of your application, ties to Canada, exceptional reasons for them to consider your H&C claim, if children are involved, if you are eligible, the government of the day policy and the disposition of the review board the day they review it. Just too many variables to come up with an arbitrary number.
Hi
What is AIP?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Ivavujisic

Dec 6, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm looking for opinion from people that went through the Express Entry and/or H&C.

I got an invitation to apply(Express Entry) and a few weeks later (while waiting for my new passport to arrive) i got an email from my other application (which is the H&C application) where they are requesting the medical exam. Now i have until April 22, 2019 to apply through Express Entry and i have no idea what to do. I know the best thing to do is to go forward with both applications, but each application fee is 550$(x2=1100$)plus the medical exam which is 400$ plus another 500$ for the pr card. And it all comes to around 3 grand. So, i'm trying to get opinions from people that went though the whole express entry and/or H&C process to see how long they waited for their PR after being invited. Because for the H&C application they don't give out the timeline on how long it takes after you send all your medicals in. Which one do you think would be faster? Any and all opinions are appreciated!

Thanks!!

p.s. i live in Edmonton