AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Thank you so much for the help and the clarification.

In your opinion, or if it was you, would you drop the H&C and apply for EE or will you stay with H&C.

I just do not want to waste time and get a refusel or it takes very long.

i submitted my application on July 2017 and they started processing my application on March 2018

Honnestly If I was eligible for EE, I would never gone H&C road. H&C was the last and only option for me. Also to apply for EE, I need to have a valid status but I don't ( all my work permit mention does not confert status )

Did you ask your lawyer about both applications processing toguether?

Zasa1

May 14, 2019
Hi
Submitted June 2017
First approval of Oct 2018
Medical request Jan 2019
Up till now they are still on background check. My MP's office has been helping get updates.
Medical and eligibility passed.

My concern is, is the delay coming from UAE as I lived there and submitted a police report from there.
It personally took me 3 months to get my police report from UAE.

Anyone with background checks delay?

mvnts

Jan 13, 2015
I applied yesterday. My lawyer sent May 23rd my application. Now is the worst part to wait. Let's hope for the best because I don't know what I'll do if goes wrong.

mvnts

Jan 13, 2015
Based on your previous posts how do you have H&C grounds?
I don't usually post here actually, that's why. I'm living in Canada already since last year and I went to a Immigration Lawyer that guide me since then to apply under H&C. Since Jan I'm gathering all the necessary documents and proofs requested. Now I'm praying for good news.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't usually post here actually, that's why. I'm living in Canada already since last year and I went to a Immigration Lawyer that guide me since then to apply under H&C. Since Jan I'm gathering all the necessary documents and proofs requested. Now I'm praying for good news.
H&C is very hard to get but I still don't see why you qualify for H&C and not not normal economic immigration. Are you in Canada as a visitor?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
What happened to your refugee application? And your wife?

anhcanada2702

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Hi
Submitted June 2017
First approval of Oct 2018
Medical request Jan 2019
Up till now they are still on background check. My MP's office has been helping get updates.
Medical and eligibility passed.

My concern is, is the delay coming from UAE as I lived there and submitted a police report from there.
It personally took me 3 months to get my police report from UAE.

Anyone with background checks delay?
Hi what grounds for your h&c application? Please share. Thanks

Zasa1

May 14, 2019
Hi what grounds for your h&c application? Please share. Thanks
My case was a unique one. Lol.
I married July 2013 and my husband landed Canada Aug 2013. I didn't know my husband when he started his application. So I was not listed in his family class.

In 2016 I came to Canada with visitors visa thinking I can apply for pr immediately but I was told he can sponsor me and he may be flagged for misrepresentation.

So we went thru h&c stating that my kids needs their daddy and I applied for hdc after one year In Canada which gave me time to create strong ties in the country.

To the glory of God, I became a PR in July

Reactions: anhcanada2702

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My case was a unique one. Lol.
I married July 2013 and my husband landed Canada Aug 2013. I didn't know my husband when he started his application. So I was not listed in his family class.

In 2016 I came to Canada with visitors visa thinking I can apply for pr immediately but I was told he can sponsor me and he may be flagged for misrepresentation.

So we went thru h&c stating that my kids needs their daddy and I applied for hdc after one year In Canada which gave me time to create strong ties in the country.

To the glory of God, I became a PR in July
We see cases similar to yours all the time where the spouse lands without updating CIC that they have gotten married when they needed to include the spouse and land together. Most time spouses are denied H&C. You seem to have gotten very lucky quite a few times and received a TRV even though you had to declare you had a spouse who was a Canadian PR. Most get refused because of their times to Canada are too strong given their spouse is in Canada and visitors must prove that their ties are strong to their home countries and they will return after visiting Canada. Couples in this situation also run into problems if they have children because the wife has no healthcare coverage and their bills can get quite high and many do not have the savings needed. You got lucky but many with the same issue have remained separated so people should follow the landing instructions and advise CIC if you have gotten married before landing.

Zasa1

May 14, 2019
We see cases similar to yours all the time where the spouse lands without updating CIC that they have gotten married when they needed to include the spouse and land together. Most time spouses are denied H&C. You seem to have gotten very lucky quite a few times and received a TRV even though you had to declare you had a spouse who was a Canadian PR. Most get refused because of their times to Canada are too strong given their spouse is in Canada and visitors must prove that their ties are strong to their home countries and they will return after visiting Canada. Couples in this situation also run into problems if they have children because the wife has no healthcare coverage and their bills can get quite high and many do not have the savings needed. You got lucky but many with the same issue have remained separated so people should follow the landing instructions and advise CIC if you have gotten married before landing.

I totally agree with you. When I applied for my visitor visa, I had strong ties to my home country. I had a business and a job too. I never lied in my application.

anhcanada2702

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Anyone has any news yet? I applied July 11,2018. Still no news. Usually people get first stage approval after 1 year or so I guess.

Reactions: M0527