+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and compassionate grounds processing time

anhcanada2702

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
I’ve applied in May 2018 and the status is still “application received”! Not to be discharging but there is really no rules as to when AIP approvals ! Some applicants were approved in less then a year and the others have waited for over 3 years!
Totally agree with you. I am in the same place. Sent my application in July 2018 still application received, not even processing :(
I called IRCC and they said it’s processing and no such thing as AIP. Timeline is 31-32 months so just wait till then if I have no news then call.

M0527

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Totally agree with you. I am in the same place. Sent my application in July 2018 still application received, not even processing :(
I called IRCC and they said it’s processing and no such thing as AIP. Timeline is 31-32 months so just wait till then if I have no news then call.
Any update? Mine changes from “Received” to “In process” this week.

Sam Singh

Apr 8, 2012
India
Category........
PNP
I have a question that from how long should a person be in Canada to be eligible for H&C? Is there any time frame that the person should be living here from the last 3 years to qualify for Humantarian and Compassionate?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a question that from how long should a person be in Canada to be eligible for H&C? Is there any time frame that the person should be living here from the last 3 years to qualify for Humantarian and Compassionate?
H&C has very low approval rate and should not be used as a substitute for economic immigration. It seems as though you have committed birth tourism. Having had a child in Canada is not an H&C reason. H&C applications take 3 years and during that time you. would not qualify for a work permit. Did you ever get extensions for your visitor status?

Last edited:

Sam5566

Sep 22, 2020
My mother apply for h&c apr 2018 and first stage approved in August 2020
last week they requested for medical and financial support document as my mother is not working in Canada so I'm going to send my financial document for support her but I'm not working right now because I'm on maternity leave. is it any issue with that if I send my bank statements and last year notice of assessment? Can they make any issue about my maternity leave?
Please someone help me.