+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and compassionate grounds processing time

lunamenezes

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
You probably could have saved yourself a lot of time and money if you had dealyed your sponsorship until your husband was back to earning a good income and would likely have been done with the process by now.
I know .. we just choose to wait .. but at the end all came out great .. I’m pretty happy

Reactions: Temilola10

Temilola10

May 25, 2018
I'm having sleepless nights regarding my application. My application was recieved on the 31st of May,2018. And up till now, it's been 16 months now and its still application recieved. I applied based on medical ground and hardship back home. Also best interest of my child. I actually changed lawyer since my previous lawyer took I'll and couldn't continue and my new lawyer discovered that my date of birth and I I had some mistakes on it which she corrected in April. We also made some updates too. Could all those have influenced the delay in process. On ECAS, Its still Recieved and it bothers me some people who applied after me are already approved. Any information would help me please. Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm having sleepless nights regarding my application. My application was recieved on the 31st of May,2018. And up till now, it's been 16 months now and its still application recieved. I applied based on medical ground and hardship back home. Also best interest of my child. I actually changed lawyer since my previous lawyer took I'll and couldn't continue and my new lawyer discovered that my date of birth and I I had some mistakes on it which she corrected in April. We also made some updates too. Could all those have influenced the delay in process. On ECAS, Its still Recieved and it bothers me some people who applied after me are already approved. Any information would help me please. Thank you
There is an increased volume of H&C applications due to the influx of asylum claims. Many who have exhausted theor appeal options often file for H&C so the wait times keep getting longer.

Reactions: Temilola10

lunamenezes

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Decision made today
Good Afternoon,

The Landing office will be in contact within the next few weeks to arrange an appointment for you to receive your Permanent Residence.

They sent this to me today ..

Anyone know what’s next steps ?
How long takes ?
What they ask when I will be the appointment?
After the appointment I already have the PR CARD ? Like .. can I travel out of the country?

lunamenezes

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Decision made today
Good Afternoon,

The Landing office will be in contact within the next few weeks to arrange an appointment for you to receive your Permanent Residence.

They sent this to me today ..

Anyone know what’s next steps ?
How long takes ?
What they ask when I will be the appointment?
After the appointment I already have the PR CARD ? Like .. can I travel out of the country?

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Would someone of the more recent H&C applicants (end of 2018 - start of 2019) be willing to share their timeline?

We applied for my aunt August 2018 and the status is still "application received" (17 months after). Is it a bad sign?

From my analysis of the previous posts it looks like most of the people received AIP at this time. I am also waiting for a new visitor record for her as the previous one expired. Any information from real applicants will be very greatly appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would someone of the more recent H&C applicants (end of 2018 - start of 2019) be willing to share their timeline?

We applied for my aunt August 2018 and the status is still "application received" (17 months after). Is it a bad sign?

From my analysis of the previous posts it looks like most of the people received AIP at this time. I am also waiting for a new visitor record for her as the previous one expired. Any information from real applicants will be very greatly appreciated.
Applications have gotten icy longer as many of the refused asylum seekers also apply for a H&C. Not hearing doesn’t mean refusal just means not finished assessing yet.

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Thanks a lot!

I was expecting (hoping) to at least see the status changed to "in process", in which case I would think they are assessing the file.

Do you know if success of my visitor extension application is somehow connected with the H&C application or these are two separate processes.

I asked to extend taking into consideration the processing time is 31 months which is a bit more than a year from now for us.

Greatly appreciate any thoughts.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot!

I was expecting (hoping) to at least see the status changed to "in process", in which case I would think they are assessing the file.

Do you know if success of my visitor extension application is somehow connected with the H&C application or these are two separate processes.

I asked to extend taking into consideration the processing time is 31 months which is a bit more than a year from now for us.

Greatly appreciate any thoughts.
They are 2 separate things. If you don’t get approved for the 3xtendion your option is for her to try and remain without status or return home to wait and hear about H&C. Best to deal with that when you know whether you got th3 extension. H&C is a long and tough process with no guarantees I am afraid.

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Remaining w/o status would be illegal, would not it?

I also heard that if she returns home and even we receive AIP, they may take it back. Is it not right?

First extension was relatively smooth and they granted her 1 year. But that year already passed.

Stoja

Feb 7, 2019

I’ve applied in May 2018 and the status is still “application received”! Not to be discharging but there is really no rules as to when AIP approvals ! Some applicants were approved in less then a year and the others have waited for over 3 years!

Reactions: anhcanada2702

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Yes, I see. Thanks for sharing your information.

The official processing time is 31 months but you are saying that it can go even over this timeline?

Do you know at which point of time the status is supposed to change to "In process"? Is it where they start actually working on the file?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, I see. Thanks for sharing your information.

The official processing time is 31 months but you are saying that it can go even over this timeline?

Do you know at which point of time the status is supposed to change to "In process"? Is it where they start actually working on the file?
The posted processing times are just estimates. So yes - it can go over this timeline (also shorter).