+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and compassionate grounds processing time

M0527

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
i just wanted to share everyone the timeline of my application for PR though H&C grounds
April 2017- submitted the application
April 2018 - Stage 1 approved
November 2018 - Stage 2- asked for medical examination
Feb 2019- Decision made

I did not hire a lawyer, I did it on my own, the instructions are easy to follow. Gather as much documents, letter from friends, church, volunteer work, birth certificates of dependents, photos, income tax assessments, T4. All documents you think that might help. Include a letter why you are applying a PR through Humanitarian and compassionate. List down all your arguments. e.g. Best interest of the child, hardship you will encounter when you are to be removed in Canada, financial status etc. Do some research. Check all signatures before you close the envelope.

Good luck to all of you.
You said that you submitted the application on April 2017 and got the 1st approval one year later but when they start to processed your application? Or you have just that 2 dates?

Reactions: lunamenezes

ladylin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
May 2016 received my application
Sep 2017 1st approval
Oct 2017 med
Nov 2017 police clearance
May 2018 asked about if im working and if i renewed my passport

Waiting

Hello Mims when you submitted your police report did cic emailed you back that it has been received? or you faxed it in?

ladylin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hello everyone , when you email your police certificate to immigration do they reply you by saying it has been received? how will i know they have received it, if they dont confirm?

abumohd

May 14, 2019
Hello,

I applied for H&C back on July 10th, 2017.

my status is still in process.

I became Eligible for a canadian express entry a couple of days ago and I have the number of points to get approved. If i submit my express entry now, I will need 4-6 months to have the PR with me.

should I wait for my H&C application or should I withdraw it and apply for the express entry?? I need my PR the fastest way.

i have already waited 22 months for the H&C and i'm not sure to wait or just drop it. Also, what are the stages for the H&C? does it take long to get the actual CARD?

thank you All

lunamenezes

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Hello,

I became Eligible for a canadian express entry a couple of days ago and I have the number of points to get approved. If i submit my express entry now, I will need 4-6 months to have the PR with me.

should I wait for my H&C application or should I withdraw it and apply for the express entry?? I need my PR the fastest way.

i have already waited 22 months for the H&C and i'm not sure to wait or just drop it. Also, what are the stages for the H&C? does it take long to get the actual CARD?

thank you All
Hi .. they received my application on September 2017 , starts processing on May 2018 .. still waiting too ..
when they started to processing your application?

hurricane_loop

Star Member
May 7, 2017
Hello,

thank you All
I think its your decision. Get GCMS notes which take a month then see in which situation your process is. As from experiences yor timeline you probably get your PR next 7 to 8 months ..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

thank you All
Am under the impression that work when you haven’t received status does not count towards PR,

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hello,

thank you All
Timeline for H&C is 32 weeks, you can order gcms notes to see what is going in the application, this will take 30 days but will give clear picture of your H&C application and that will help you to take a decision. Express entry on other hand can take from 6 Months to 1 year.

abumohd

May 14, 2019
Timeline for H&C is 32 weeks, you can order gcms notes to see what is going in the application, this will take 30 days but will give clear picture of your H&C application and that will help you to take a decision. Express entry on other hand can take from 6 Months to 1 year.
can you please explain what is the GCMS and how accurate and clear will it be?

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
can you please explain what is the GCMS and how accurate and clear will it be?
GCMS is a system in which everyone working on your application has to enter the comments. It is the most accurate way to check the status of your application.
Although under section 7 of ATIP act it take 30 days for IRCC to release the notes.
You can refer to the link below in my sig to read more .

lunamenezes

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
But even if we didn’t get the first stage approval, they will be finished by the application in 32 months ? I’m in 20 months now still in processing.. no medical , nothing asked . Do you know if they speed the process when the timeline is closer to by the end ?

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
But even if we didn’t get the first stage approval, they will be finished by the application in 32 months ? I’m in 20 months now still in processing.. no medical , nothing asked . Do you know if they speed the process when the timeline is closer to by the end ?
IRCC try to meet the timeline, however, in some cases they skip the timeline.
Some cases in the express entry are reported where the application was untouched till the time notes were not ordered. Although ordering notes is not the legal or write way to move the application but when you order the notes, the immigration officer has to enter a comment which helps the application to open again.

lunamenezes

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
IRCC try to meet the timeline, however, in some cases they skip the timeline.
Some cases in the express entry are reported where the application was untouched till the time notes were not ordered. Although ordering notes is not the legal or write way to move the application but when you order the notes, the immigration officer has to enter a comment which helps the application to open again.
Good to know , my lawyer ask last week “update request “ from the CIC .. but she said that they take between 10-20 to respond this kind request ... did you heard about this ?