+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and compassionate ground

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
That was previous processing which used to be in 2 stages. Due to the increase in asylum claims and asylum refusals there have also been more H&C claims so a longer wait for processing.
Pls is it not 2 stages anymore ? At what point do you get notification that your application has been recieved ?

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
Please guys, do I need to still do another biometrics after submitting application for H and C. Note, I did biometrics when I came in to apply for refugee status in 2017 September. Is Biometrics required again for H and C?

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
I applied H&C inland application now 23 months already, still no news now a days it’s seems slow processing?
Hi. May I know under which category you applied? Is it a refusal for asylum claim? How long it took for you and what was the reason for rejection?

Do you think H&C is flexible and acceptance rate is high?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. May I know under which category you applied? Is it a refusal for asylum claim? How long it took for you and what was the reason for rejection?

Do you think H&C is flexible and acceptance rate is high?
You are replying to a H&C posts so people have applied for H&C. In general H&C approvals aren’t low and often a last resort.

Àmaanz

Jul 10, 2019
Hi to All honorable forum members. This is my time line and still.we did not get any intimation. With medical reports we submitted police verification certificates and PR fee they asked. Just checked application status. it is " in process" still. While the new processing time for H&C on the website is now 29 months.. wish ypu all the best.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 20, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 13, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 10, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 10, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on March 12, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.

Reactions: Fayamufi

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Pls is it not 2 stages anymore ? At what point do you get notification that your application has been recieved ?

Hi

An application that falls under A25(1) of the IRPA is accessed and evaluated in 2 stages. This has been the case in the past and still stands to be the case today. IRPA has not been amended and neither did the operational manual for H and C.

Information that does not align with the operational instructions should be deemed false.

Your file will be assessed by the case processing officer and processed for stage 1 assessment. You will then recieve a correspondence from IRCC about the outcome - positive or negative. If positive, then your application will move on to other eligibility screening protocols.

Staff at the IRCC is working at a reduced capacity, and in some cases, from home. This seems to be preventing them from adjudicating petitions aka H and C files at a usual pace.

If your application is received - then, you should have received an acknowledgment of receipt letter from the Vancouver Humanitarian Migration Office.

Last edited:

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. Then how long does it take to get the first stage assessment outcome ? Thanks for your anticipated response

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
Hi

An application that falls under A25(1) of the IRPA is accessed and evaluated in 2 stages. This has been the case in the past and still stands to be the case today. IRPA has not been amended and neither did the operational manual for H and C.

Information that does not align with the operational instructions should be deemed false.

Your file will be assessed by the case processing officer and processed for stage 1 assessment. You will then recieve a correspondence from IRCC about the outcome - positive or negative. If positive, then your application will move on to other eligibility screening protocols.

Staff at the IRCC is working at a reduced capacity, and in some cases, from home. This seems to be preventing them from adjudicating petitions aka H and C files at a usual pace.

If your application is received - then, you should have received an acknowledgment of receipt letter from the Vancouver Humanitarian Migration Office.
Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. Then how long does it take to get the first stage assessment outcome ? Thanks for your anticipated response

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020

At this time, you're looking at a 18-24 month mark. That is more of an average number though. My mom and I have been waiting on her stage 1 assessment for 20 months now.

Àmaanz

Jul 10, 2019
Ok. Thanks
Hi...This is my time line and still.we did not get any intimation. With medical reports we submitted police verification certificates and PR fee they asked. Just checked application status. it is " in process" still. While the new processing time for H&C on the website is now 29 months. Hope it is normal thing. What do you think how long it will take?
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 20, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 13, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 10, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 10, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on March 12, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received.

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
At this time, you're looking at a 18-24 month mark. That is more of an average number though. My mom and I have been waiting on her stage 1 assessment for 20 months now.
Thanks for your very detailed explanation. Are you saying that 18-24 months is an expected time to receive the correspondence from IRCC about the outcome (pos or neg)? I am also waiting for my case for already 21 months and the status is "Received". Do you know when the status is changed to "In process"? Or it is not much of importance to watch for the status?

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Thanks for your very detailed explanation. Are you saying that 18-24 months is an expected time to receive the correspondence from IRCC about the outcome (pos or neg)? I am also waiting for my case for already 21 months and the status is "Received". Do you know when the status is changed to "In process"? Or it is not much of importance to watch for the status?
It appears that this is the expected time to receive a correspondence from IRCC at least now a days. Again, the time frame is largely dependent on whoever ends up processing your file and rendering a decision on your application.
My mom's application status was changed to In process in March 2020, but we haven't been notified about the decision yet.
My personal belief is that the status on client management system does matter and is indicative of any progress that has been made on your file.

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
It appears that this is the expected time to receive a correspondence from IRCC at least now a days. Again, the time frame is largely dependent on whoever ends up processing your file and rendering a decision on your application.
My mom's application status was changed to In process in March 2020, but we haven't been notified about the decision yet.
My personal belief is that the status on client management system does matter and is indicative of any progress that has been made on your file.
Thanks very much for your response. I was thinking the same way that status matters. We submitted end of August 2018. So far, our status is "Application received". All you are saying makes the whole sense, our immigration counselor who prepared the file says exactly the same.

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Thanks very much for your response. I was thinking the same way that status matters. We submitted end of August 2018. So far, our status is "Application received". All you are saying makes the whole sense, our immigration counselor who prepared the file says exactly the same.

I am not so sure as to why your application has not progressed from an "application received" stage to an "in process" one. My mom and I applied for her in September 2018, and our status was changed to "in process" in March 2020. I am a Canadian national and she is the one requesting an exemption on the basis of H and C reasons.

Given that your status has not changed. It means that your application has yet to be put into process, and once that happens it will then be assigned to a case processing officer for further adjudication and for the purpose of making a decision on your file.

Let's say if a positive decision is granted, you will then be notified to meet the other admissibility requirements, i.e. health, security, and criminality checks.