+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and compassionate ground

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As far as I know - if you leave, they may reject H&C once they know that you've left. Is it incorrect? Or due to the COVID situation exceptions can be made?
H&C cases continue to be processed if you leave Canada. If approved you can come back to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I love Canada and this is my home and future. Previews days I did lot of sterling For remind in Canada . Now I have to fight against covid 19 for wine my H&C application,
Not quite sure what you mean by doing a lot of sterling. If you arrived there in Canada and applied for H&C right away that is usually not a good way to get approved. It is unclear how long you have been in Canada and what makes your case an h&c case.

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
H&C cases continue to be processed if you leave Canada. If approved you can come back to Canada.
We were told by an immigration counsel who helped to prepare our app that there is a chance the immigration may reverse their decision (in case it is positive) once they learn that she left. So it is risky to leave. Was the counsel not correct?

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
When you applied for H&C the wait times were similar. H&C is a last chance option and of chance approval are not great so that may not have been the beat option if you relative is not in good health. With covid I would expect wait times to increase slightly.
Yes, I know. We did not have any other option. And today I am super worried because covid is an additional serious threat to everyone's health, no to mention a fragile elderly person. I am not even sure private insurance that I buy for her will cover the cost of treatment for covid.

pream parajuli

Sep 18, 2018
When you applied for H&C the wait times were similar. H&C is a last chance option and of chance approval are not great so that may not have been the beat option if you relative is not in good health. With covid I would expect wait times to increase slightly.
[ /Some people say if they take 23 months or longer to make decision for H&C application there is chances to approve

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
There are multiple people on this forum that received response in less than 24 months. But every case is different, I understand.

pream parajuli

Sep 18, 2018
Not quite sure what you mean by doing a lot of sterling. If you arrived there in Canada and applied for H&C right away that is usually not a good way to get approved. It is unclear how long you have been in Canada and what makes your case an h&c case.
I am 5 years in Canada. My refugees application denied from federal 2016 then I apply H&C 2018 may after this no news...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are multiple people on this forum that received response in less than 24 months. But every case is different, I understand.
things have changed with the H&C system which used to have an exact order but which made things even slower. Due to increased demand it seems like it is a one stage process now and steps can be completed in different orders depending on the application.

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
So now we are not expecting the first stage type of letter "Approved in principle" or smth like that? We have not heard a word since we received the letter acknowledging our submission in August 2018.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So now we are not expecting the first stage type of letter "Approved in principle" or smth like that? We have not heard a word since we received the letter acknowledging our submission in August 2018.
You should still be expecting the AIP letter. That's a normal part of the process. AIP can take up to two years to be issued. However it could take longer now due to COVID. So what you're experience is normal so far. Unfortunately it's hard to say how much longer you may be waiting.