+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and compassionate ground

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am not so sure as to why your application has not progressed from an "application received" stage to an "in process" one. My mom and I applied for her in September 2018, and our status was changed to "in process" in March 2020. I am a Canadian national and she is the one requesting an exemption on the basis of H and C reasons.

Given that your status has not changed. It means that your application has yet to be put into process, and once that happens it will then be assigned to a case processing officer for further adjudication and for the purpose of making a decision on your file.

Let's say if a positive decision is granted, you will then be notified to meet the other admissibility requirements, i.e. health, security, and criminality checks.
Things like health checks are now often being done before AIP these why I keep saying that the past two phase process is no longer what is actually happening. There was a strict order of how H&C were processed. Sometime in the past year there has been some changes. I assume it is to try and speed up processing as the volume of people applying for H&C increases and the wait times increase.

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Things like health checks are now often being done before AIP these why I keep saying that the past two phase process is no longer what is actually happening. There was a strict order of how H&C were processed. Sometime in the past year there has been some changes. I assume it is to try and speed up processing as the volume of people applying for H&C increases and the wait times increase.
Request for Medical:
This can be received either before or after the interim approval, I.e. Approval in Principle Letter. It’s highly dependent on the case processing officer processing your application.

Keep in mind, they will still email you the approval in principle letter regardless of when your medical request was sent out. Thereby, concluding stage 1 of the process.

When it comes to processing these type of applications, they don’t just ask for medical exams and then go like see you later and we’ll send you the final confirmation. Not the way things work.

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
I am not so sure as to why your application has not progressed from an "application received" stage to an "in process" one. My mom and I applied for her in September 2018, and our status was changed to "in process" in March 2020. I am a Canadian national and she is the one requesting an exemption on the basis of H and C reasons.

Given that your status has not changed. It means that your application has yet to be put into process, and once that happens it will then be assigned to a case processing officer for further adjudication and for the purpose of making a decision on your file.

Let's say if a positive decision is granted, you will then be notified to meet the other admissibility requirements, i.e. health, security, and criminality checks.
I truly appreciate your detailed response and explanations. In my case, I applied for H&C for an elderly family member, who is not my biological mother. Our case is very unique and difficult, as are all H&C cases, I believe. My guess would be that change of status and receiving a decision letter can be two fairly distant (in time) events. But in our case we are still in "Application Received" phase. I would also assume that in the COVID days the processing times can only get slower. On the other side, the official processing times of the H&C applications went down from 31 to 29 months, so I was thinking maybe it is a sign of hope for us.

pream parajuli

Sep 18, 2018
H&C application processing went down 31 to 29 months now this is the good sound for everyone who is waiting for positive answer. Iam also waiting now 25 months for good news ...

pream parajuli

Sep 18, 2018
H&C application processing went down 31 to 29 months now this is the good sound for everyone who is waiting for positive answer. Iam also waiting now 25 months for good news ...

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Do you mind to share what is the status that you see on the website? Was it changed to "In Process" or still "Application Received"?

pream parajuli

Sep 18, 2018
Do you mind to share what is the status that you see on the website? Was it changed to "In Process" or still "Application Received"?
.My application received on may 2018 and start processing showing March 2019 so now I am pray with good every day please please be positive answers.

pream parajuli

Sep 18, 2018
Every case is so very different. Our application is still "Application Received" since Aug 2018.
I don’t understand how they are processing H&C application some people say they get AIP and approve 18/20 months someone are even not start processing around 2 years. I really confused about it .

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
I don’t understand how they are processing H&C application some people say they get AIP and approve 18/20 months someone are even not start processing around 2 years. I really confused about it .
As I can understand from all these bureaucratic jumble; this situation MAY related to the officer who is processing the application.

Unless there are other problems with the application such as security or criminality concerns.

Do not lose hope. Keep your spirit high. Canada and IRCC and we will get throughout this troubled times.

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
As I can understand from all these bureaucratic jumble; this situation MAY related to the officer who is processing the application.

Unless there are other problems with the application such as security or criminality concerns.

Do not lose hope. Keep your spirit high. Canada and IRCC and we will get throughout this troubled times.
If my understanding is correct, our case has not been assigned any officer yet, because our status is still "Application Received", 21 months after. Also, we already sent all police clearance docs soon after we submitted the file, such that criminality concerns is not an issue as well, at least for our case. No clue what can be the reason but not much we can do. It is a very difficult time.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
If my understanding is correct, our case has not been assigned any officer yet, because our status is still "Application Received", 21 months after. Also, we already sent all police clearance docs soon after we submitted the file, such that criminality concerns is not an issue as well, at least for our case. No clue what can be the reason but not much we can do. It is a very difficult time.
Hi - they work cases based on internal priorities. The priorities generally align with the CBSA removals stream, but what they may be currently I can only guess - security, criminality, corresponding PRRA applications and so on.

They ramp up decision-making in September IF they need to bolster landing numbers and that's likely true this year what with the virus and travel restrictions. Of course this will hasten negative decisions just as rapidly as positives.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi - they work cases based on internal priorities. The priorities generally align with the CBSA removals stream, but what they may be currently I can only guess - security, criminality, corresponding PRRA applications and so on.

They ramp up decision-making in September IF they need to bolster landing numbers and that's likely true this year what with the virus and travel restrictions. Of course this will hasten negative decisions just as rapidly as positives.
No real need to bolster numbers for apprearances. Think the whole world would understand if Canada undicates lower landing due to covid 19.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
No real need to bolster numbers for apprearances. Think the whole world would understand if Canada undicates lower landing due to covid 19.
"Appearance" relates to the report to parliament on the number of immigrants Canada will land in the calendar year so it isn't cosmetic. The department (every year) endeavours to meet the commitment made before the House and inland applications are the most manageable line of business to ramp up with certain outcomes.

This is a different set of circumstances with the pandemic, however they'll still want to do everything that they can to honour this commitment to parliament, unless you know that the Deputy Minister has decided to ignore Parliament this time around.

Reactions: naomi20