+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and compassionate ground

ARButt

Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Would suggest you provide a summary of your circumstance. There are many sides to every story. Start with when you first arrived in Canada and what type of visa/permit you had. Include how old these Canadian born children are. Include the reason why you feel you have H&C grounds and what proof you provided. Maybe, just maybe, someone can respond with something constructive.

But if you only meant to vent, disregard everything else I said.
My husband came to this country in a year of 2010 October as a vistor.
Then my i joined him from US.
March 2011 we were living together, my 1st baby 2011 june
Then 2nd 2014, 3rd 205
& then 2018 may.
Our refugee case were rejected, till 2013 we had tried alot but not so lucky, suffered like a hell.
Each and one application we had applied got rejected.

Then we stopped appling anything because we ran out of CASH, anywhere you go 1st visit start with minimum 250$. And then big Amount only cash accept by lawyer.

Then finally we had paid big amount to apply for H&C with a big HOPE.
unfortunately it got rejected.
My husband were working then one night he got accused and asulated by some people while he was at his job.

Till then we were on disability.
As a rejected refugee we re not allowed to apply for child tax benefits.

Now I don't know what will happened next.
Unless some miracle happened.

Any suggestions from your side please share with me too.

ARButt

Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
It is easy to criticuze but without knowing your story is very hard to comment on whether you had grounds for H&C. If you have been in Canada for 10 years without PR I assume you have filed for multiple programs already, appealed and been denied. You apllied for H&C as a last option. You still have to have H&C reasons. Having had 4 children in Canada is not enough. They will be able to return as adults if they choose to do so. H&C does not have a very large approval rate. It is often the last option for people who have already been denied through other programs. Calling government employees racist without even explaining your case is a bit uncalled for. There may be issues with your case and that's why you were denied.
Yes I agreed with your opinion.
But
why do these office never think about people living here and suffering alot.
You will never imagine or feel the pain we re going throw neither do this officer.
If government give our children same value as others then 100% people like us will able to do something.
Try to be on my shoe then you might feel the PAIN.
honesty has no value in this country.
Many people lie to the government show fake documents then they get success.
People like me, who never ever think about cheat to other has to suffer alot with everything.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Your only option is judicial review. And, unfortunately, that does require the use of a lawyer or the courts won’t accept the application. I suspect the $8,000 is just the start of the lawyers fees. If it does go to judicial review, you should expect a larger bill.

Reactions: ARButt

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
My husband came to this country in a year of 2010 October as a vistor.
Then my i joined him from US.
March 2011 we were living together, my 1st baby 2011 june
Then 2nd 2014, 3rd 205
& then 2018 may.
Our refugee case were rejected, till 2013 we had tried alot but not so lucky, suffered like a hell.
Each and one application we had applied got rejected.

Then we stopped appling anything because we ran out of CASH, anywhere you go 1st visit start with minimum 250$. And then big Amount only cash accept by lawyer.

Then finally we had paid big amount to apply for H&C with a big HOPE.
unfortunately it got rejected.
My husband were working then one night he got accused and asulated by some people while he was at his job.

Till then we were on disability.
As a rejected refugee we re not allowed to apply for child tax benefits.

Now I don't know what will happened next.
Unless some miracle happened.

Any suggestions from your side please share with me too.
what country are you and your husband from?
you mentioned you came from the US, what is/was your status there?
why did you apply as a refugee? What proof did you provide that you were PERSONALLY persecuted?
again, what is your H&C reason and what proof did you provide?
you say you and your husband are on disability, did you both ever work or did you go on welfare as soon as you claimed asylum?
your husband got accused of what? need the whole story.

i understand why you are emotional at the moment but unless you answer all the questions i don't think anyone can help you. but i agree that a judicial review is your last option.

ARButt

Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
what country are you and your husband from?
you mentioned you came from the US, what is/was your status there?
why did you apply as a refugee? What proof did you provide that you were PERSONALLY persecuted?
again, what is your H&C reason and what proof did you provide?
you say you and your husband are on disability, did you both ever work or did you go on welfare as soon as you claimed asylum?
your husband got accused of what? need the whole story.

i understand why you are emotional at the moment but unless you answer all the questions i don't think anyone can help you. but i agree that a judicial review is your last option.

We both are from Pakistan...
I came to US from Pakistan after 2 day I came to join my husband here in canada.
My status was visitor.
My husband was on refugee so I joined him.
We were zero at refugee programs.
My husband traveled everywhere before he came to Canada.
He was living and working dubai for many years
We both fall in love. Then his cast is different from mine.
So do he.
We suffered alot.
Back home we were beaten by our family but here in this country we re mentally torched.
In canada you have everything but some people like us are not welcomed.
Our ground was simple and straigh.
We both want to live happily.
Together.
We re together but we re away from each other.
Yes when we arrived we have nothing with us.
We took welfare and then my husband worked until his clients injured him badly.
2015 we found him from hospital.
Since then I will never want to go away from my eyes.
Finally we will go back. What ever happened we have to suffered
By our self.
Yes I opened my business. Stitch and design. After 3 years i have alot of lost.
Then I did volunteer jobs in my area too.
I went to my mpp office but his assistant did not allow us to him.
Many times I tried meeting him but he never allow us to meet him. Even one time he said in this he can not help us out

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
We both are from Pakistan...
I came to US from Pakistan after 2 day I came to join my husband here in canada.
My status was visitor.
My husband was on refugee so I joined him.
We were zero at refugee programs.
My husband traveled everywhere before he came to Canada.
He was living and working dubai for many years
We both fall in love. Then his cast is different from mine.
So do he.
We suffered alot.
Back home we were beaten by our family but here in this country we re mentally torched.
In canada you have everything but some people like us are not welcomed.
Our ground was simple and straigh.
We both want to live happily.
Together.
We re together but we re away from each other.
Yes when we arrived we have nothing with us.
We took welfare and then my husband worked until his clients injured him badly.
2015 we found him from hospital.
Since then I will never want to go away from my eyes.
Finally we will go back. What ever happened we have to suffered
By our self.
Yes I opened my business. Stitch and design. After 3 years i have alot of lost.
Then I did volunteer jobs in my area too.
I went to my mpp office but his assistant did not allow us to him.
Many times I tried meeting him but he never allow us to meet him. Even one time he said in this he can not help us out
you're not answering all of the important questions like what PROOF did you provide and what your husband was accused of.

ARButt

Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
you're not answering all of the important questions like what PROOF did you provide and what your husband was accused of.
I tried to say maximum answer as per my knowledge...
He was working when 4 individual attacked him.
2015 January racism was on top.
So my husband were attacked as he is a religious person "i do not want to on this, anyone can get hurt because this topic is very sensitive".
Thanks to Justin Trudeau he stopped this racist to be worse for minorities.
Proof :- as I was working hard from my home, my children's activities, relations with people around us, coummunities involvement, my husband police report, doctors notes, his both shoulder were injured one should surgery was done and another one on next appointment.
What else I should be showing...
House, a big business, bank balance can be done once you re settled, once you have peace of mind...
Many people visit this country to abuse the system, but what about us.
Not even a second we thought about doing anything wrong.
Let me share a story if you like stories.
One week ago, someone took my identity took money from RBC, made some credit cards under my name.
How I came to know about this, one card got rejected and i received a letter, then it came to my head, this is the same what was happened to my husband in 2013 and till today his credit is done.
Same time I called, I visit RBC, I called police, i called RCMP, i called MP, aquifer and other credit company.
Till today i did not hear anything back.
And they said wait for 27 days we will solve this issue.
people like them are allowed to stay and steal people life. But people like us are NOT allowed.
This is NOT fair dear.
I hope justin play justice role here.
Aahmeen
He is a great man.

LittlePrinc

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Hi everyone, I have been looking at this forum and I wanted to share my GCMS notes. Our criminal check is still in process since Feb...

Eligibility: not started
Security: not started
Criminality: in progress
Medical: not started

You would think almost 28 months, there would be more info...

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone, I have been looking at this forum and I wanted to share my GCMS notes. Our criminal check is still in process since Feb...

Eligibility: not started
Security: not started
Criminality: in progress
Medical: not started

You would think almost 28 months, there would be more info...
Did you see the change in status from App Received to In Process?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But
You will never imagine or feel the pain we re going throw neither do this officer.
If government give our children same value as others then 100% people like us will able to do something.
People like me, who never ever think about cheat to other has to suffer alot with everything.

But
Canada has rules about who can enter and stay. We aren't able to accomodate everyone who would want to come to Canada which is why there are rules. In many ways you were lucky. You had at least one child but it seems like many children in Canada while only being a visitor. I assume you paid for your care. Based on your description your husbamd was the one who applied for asylum and you were able to enter Canada without a visa because your husband was already in Canada or you walked from Canada to the US through an irregular border. Once your visitor status expired have you had status in Canada for all those years? I also assume you had access to legal aid for some time.

It sounds like you were able to live with your husband in Dubai (and maybe other countries it isn't clear) and potentially other areas of Pakistan which is why I assumed you were refused asylum. Being around your family was not possible.

It isn't clear if you applied for H&C right after your appeal was refused for asylum since there seems to be a long period of time before the H&C application but one of the important things about being approved H&C is the fact that the family is self-sufficient which isn't the case in your family has been dependent on disability payments for over 5+ years and may be using other social services. I assume you never qualified for a work permit and that's why you haven't found a job outside the home. The fact that your husband may have a criminal record also doesn't help.

You must discuss with your family whether your funds are best used going to JD or will those funds be needed to resettle back home. The approval rate is very small and there is a big expense. Do you have the 8k available? Think you need to review your jusgements and speak to a lawyer whether this is the best use of your funds especially if there is a high chance of denial.

Reactions: ARButt

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I tried to say maximum answer as per my knowledge...
He was working when 4 individual attacked him.
2015 January racism was on top.
So my husband were attacked as he is a religious person "i do not want to on this, anyone can get hurt because this topic is very sensitive".
Thanks to Justin Trudeau he stopped this racist to be worse for minorities.
Proof :- as I was working hard from my home, my children's activities, relations with people around us, coummunities involvement, my husband police report, doctors notes, his both shoulder were injured one should surgery was done and another one on next appointment.
What else I should be showing...
House, a big business, bank balance can be done once you re settled, once you have peace of mind...
Many people visit this country to abuse the system, but what about us.
Not even a second we thought about doing anything wrong.
Let me share a story if you like stories.
One week ago, someone took my identity took money from RBC, made some credit cards under my name.
How I came to know about this, one card got rejected and i received a letter, then it came to my head, this is the same what was happened to my husband in 2013 and till today his credit is done.
Same time I called, I visit RBC, I called police, i called RCMP, i called MP, aquifer and other credit company.
Till today i did not hear anything back.
And they said wait for 27 days we will solve this issue.
people like them are allowed to stay and steal people life. But people like us are NOT allowed.
This is NOT fair dear.
I hope justin play justice role here.
Aahmeen
He is a great man.
Unfortunately small identity crimes are so common that police don't have the tims to deal with these things. I would focus on speaking with your bank, getting a new card and a new PIN that is not easy like yiur birthdate or 1234. Hopefully you will get your money back. You should also put alert on the credit bureaus.
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/reports/shared-responsibility.html

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
Hello. I just want to ask. How many months or weeks that your application received appears in Ecas “Application received on” Thank you for your answer.

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
My H&C got rejected in a month of july 2020.
The office pick my file and same day he made his decision.
I am SURPRISED he did not even read it because I send all my 10 years documents plus my 4 born canadian children.
I had alot of hope and now I am disappointed.
And the office did not send me any decision too.
What an ASS he is.
These people who have this great position are HEARTLESS.
I would say many of these officers are RACIST.
how one office can decide this family living here for last 10 years with 4 canadian children should not be grant.
Sick and tired of paying these lawyers, living on this earth without any hope.
Now my layer is saying appeal, first we will get written decision then she will ask judicial review and she is asking 8000$
Wow.
I m not a DRUG seller or GUN dealer.
Hello when you send your application ? What month and year you send ?