+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Huge CIC Delay on permit extension HELP

Pashko

Nov 14, 2018
I applied August 28, try to switch from visitor to study but still under extension of study permit category. I applied within Canada because finished EAP in Niagara college
I am supposed to submit my study permit which I do not have
and waiting is just simply killing me

lilin1206

Nov 15, 2018
Hi guys, I applied my SP extension on Aug 18, 2018. Still waiting today... send them 3 webforms, totally not helpful...
Now my situation is I already graduated on Oct 5, 2018 (my SP expired on Oct 10, 2018), I just need the renewed permit to replace the PGWP. But my CAQ is going to be expired Nov 30, 2018. I am wondering if they will give me SP extension beyond that date, otherwise when I receive my SP extension, it might have already be expired, then I will lose my status.
Any one in similar situation? Because I applied for extension to Nov 30, 2018. I don't know whether the officer will give me a bit longer than that, even one week is enough for me to go to the border to replace my PGWP.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Babykoh

Nov 9, 2018
Same here.like what i said, i submit my SP extension last August 27, already graduated last oct 19. Student permit expired last Sept.30. Till now no answer nor update in my ECAS. I need the extension because i didnt finish my practicum. My new employer wants my new permit so that i can start working with them.

Pashko

Nov 14, 2018
Guys, acny updates ?
As I counted, the prossesing time is approx. 67-70 business days , but definitely not like it says on site ( now it's 53 days). Just it is not clear for whom exactly 53 days.....

lilin1206

Nov 15, 2018
Hi Guys, I just want to know, in Quebec, do they typically give you study permit beyond the CAQ expiration date. Say my CAQ will be expired on Nov 30, for study permit will they give me 3 months?

My university international service told me it is rare chance they give study permit longer than the CAQ. Any one know this?

Pashko

Nov 14, 2018
Hi Guys, I just want to know, in Quebec, do they typically give you study permit beyond the CAQ expiration date. Say my CAQ will be expired on Nov 30, for study permit will they give

My university international service told me it is rare chance they give study permit longer than the CAQ. Any one know this?
I am from Ontario but I heard the same thing that your international service told you.
When did you apply?

Mani809

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Hello everyone,
I just check on my cic account that my application study permit extension and my husband’s work permit extension approved today but I don’t receive any mail on my email. I applied on 10 aug, 2018 and after 3 months my application decision is shown.
I just posting this may be it is relief for someone. I know, it’s really hard to wait so long.
All the best to all of u.Hope everyone receives decision on time.

Pashko

Nov 14, 2018
Hello everyone,
I just check on my cic account that my application study permit extension and my husband’s work permit extension approved today but I don’t receive any mail on my email. I applied on 10 aug, 2018 and after 3 months my application decision is shown.
I just posting this may be it is relief for someone. I know, it’s really hard to wait so long.
Thank you. Yes. Hope that our are under the way

lilin1206

Nov 15, 2018
I am from Ontario but I heard the same thing that your international service told you.
When did you apply?
But, the thing is, I applied twice for SP and CAQ. The first time I got 3 years CAQ they give me 5 years SP, the second time when I CAQ left for 6 months, I applied SP they give me one year later (I requsted) plus 3 more months (I didn't request this).

Hope this time they could give me 3 more months, otherwise when I received the mail, it would've already expired.

Any idea recently how long it would take for Postal Canada to delivery the mail? I used to get the approved letter online, and then get the mail one days later.

lilin1206

Nov 15, 2018
Hello everyone,
Thanks for your message!!
I applied on Aug 18, so it seems mine is one the way. Hope I could receive it next week!!!

Buyo

Nov 3, 2018
Situation update:

Submitted extensions SP/WP for me and WP for my wife on Aug 15. Approved yesterday.

Total process time: 97 days.

Last edited:

Babykoh

Nov 9, 2018
Situation update:

Submitted SP/WP for me and WP for my wife on Aug 15. Approved yesterday.

Total process time: 97 days.
Congrats!Hopefully , mine also...!!!i i submit my application last aug.27 and it takes too long. Almost 3 months already. I badly need the extension..my 90days implied status will expire on dec.30.
CONGRATS AGAIN

Pashko

Nov 14, 2018
Congrats!Hopefully , mine also...!!!i i submit my application last aug.27 and it takes too long. Almost 3 months already. I badly need the extension..my 90days implied status will expire on dec.30.
CONGRATS AGAIN
Mine congratulations too
I am in the same boat. my status will expire on Dec 30. Also I have to submit my extension before Dec 6 in order to be able to choose timetable.