+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Huge CIC Delay on permit extension HELP

lilin1206

Nov 15, 2018
Still no updates. Applied on Aug 18. If someone applied later and got approved already, could you please post your application and approved date here....

Jeremiah20

Nov 26, 2018
Hello guys
On my application for study permit, one of the requirements was an “Evidence of work in study”, but this was not provided by the school. I contacted the admin of the school and I was told I’ll have to granted a study permit first before a work permit can be giving , but this was a requirement alongside my passport, acceptance letter and others, pls how do I go about it ?

lilin1206

Nov 15, 2018
Hello guys
On my application for study permit, one of the requirements was an “Evidence of work in study”, but this was not provided by the school. I contacted the admin of the school and I was told I’ll have to granted a study permit first before a work permit can be giving , but this was a requirement alongside my passport, acceptance letter and others, pls how do I go about it ?
Study permit with a work permit? You mean on campus work permit, or off campus work permit? For us, the University provides on campus work permit by providing us letter indicating how many hours we can work on campus (thus no need to apply this from CIC).

lilin1206

Nov 15, 2018
I don't know how SP extension works? I know two guys in my same University, both applied SP in either September or October, both already got their approval.

Kim07

Nov 2, 2018
I don't know how SP extension works? I know two guys in my same University, both applied SP in either September or October, both already got their approval.
hi bro, what day of October he applied ?? I applied study permit extension in October 10th. there has nothing until now except one time " ghost update/ Profile,Updated "on Monday, but an hour later. it was gone.
Please update if you applied for study permit extension and got approval .. thank :(

Babykoh

Nov 9, 2018
There is consultant says that all their clients application for extension of work permit and student permit is delayed. They noticed that all application between July and August is delayed because they are transitioning one office to another office due that old office which is case center in Vegreville is close and new office will be in case center in edmonton. All the files from vegreville is tranferring to edmonton.To be safe call the CIC hotline.

Reactions: Kim07

Kim07

Nov 2, 2018
There is consultant says that all their clients application for extension of work permit and student permit is delayed. They noticed that all application between July and August is delayed because they are transitioning one office to another office due that old office which is case center in Vegreville is close and new office will be in case center in edmonton. All the files from vegreville is tranferring to edmonton.To be safe call the CIC hotline.
Finally, I know what happened.. thank you so much..
I wonder if, for example, I got approved ( study permit extension).. they would issue me an “ approval letter ”.. instead of waiting the hard copy of new study permit arrives ... can I take that approval letter to apply TRV or to the border to let them print out study permit for me ?? Because I need to apply TRV faster and get back to my home country

lilin1206

Nov 15, 2018
hi bro, what day of October he applied ?? I applied study permit extension in October 10th. there has nothing until now except one time " ghost update/ Profile,Updated "on Monday, but an hour later. it was gone.
Please update if you applied for study permit extension and got approval .. thank :(
Mine no update yet (SP extension, applied Aug 18, 2018).

One guy applied SP extension on Sept 6, and got approved Oct 29. Another guy said he got approved within one month (Around October). So if like what they said only SP extension for July and Aug are affected, then perhaps yours will be soon these several days.

Babykoh

Nov 9, 2018
| Canada
  • Search
Canada: Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta closes
Sep 04, 2018

In Brief:
Friday, August 31, 2018 was the last day of operation for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Vegreville, Alberta.

Discussion:
In late 2016, IRCC announced that its inland processing centre in Vegreville, Alberta, (“CPC Vegreville”) would be relocated to Edmonton, Alberta by the end of 2018. CPC Vegreville, responsible for processing inland extension applications for temporary residents of Canada, certain permanent residence applications, and more recently, certain work permit applications which qualified for expedited processing under Canada’s Global Skills Strategy, shut its doors permanently on August 31, 2018.

Following this closure, applicants are instructed to send their applications to IRCC’s new Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, at the following address:

Case Processing Centre in Edmonton

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

9700 Jasper Avenue NW

Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

Impact:
Processing times for inland extension applications processed by CPC Vegreville had recently climbed beyond the posted 51 day processing time. It is anticipated that after an initial period of potential further increases at CPC Edmonton, applicants will see processing times decrease overall. As of August 31, 2018 applicants are advised to ensure their applications are being directed to the correct department at CPC Edmonton by using the following tool on the IRCC website: Where to submit your application.