+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Huge CIC Delay on permit extension HELP

Mr.Happy123

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
I applied for my study permit renewal on 12th July 2018 and I still have not gotten it. Its been +65 days now. Any advice?

CaesarReborn

Mar 9, 2016
Could you please share any progress on the process. Thank you.
Nothing yet bro. Maybe I can update on how more depressed/frustrated I am now because I received a job offer which I really like but now I can't apply for PGWP until I get my study permit extension approved. With this delay, I am afraid if the employer will wait for me.

If it helps, I found that my university many students are in the same boat as us.

homerousa

Oct 29, 2018
Hi. For you guys that contacted the MP (by the way, MP means Member of Parliament?!)... did it help?

I applied on July 27th for my extension of Study Permit, along with my Wife with her extension of Work permit, and still nothing... it has been 14 weeks now! I call CIC and they cannot do anything. Any ideas?

CaesarReborn

Mar 9, 2016
I don't think they inquired on my behalf at all. Don't wanna call them too many times to remind them which could piss them off, but no idea what else to do.

Mr.Happy123

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
I had the same situation (my wife an I). We applied on 112th July and we got acceptance 27th October. So I guess your next in line.

Celuh

Sep 6, 2018
Hey guys, did you receive updates?

I applied on August 20th and I did not receive any update yet.

Thanks!

Hello! Any update from your application? We have the same situation. I applied on August 21 then until now there is no update. What did you? Did you already follow up your application?