+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO ORDER GCMS NOTES: STEP BY STEP PROCESS!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you @armoured for explaining thoroughly. This really calmed me down. You know when your own representative scares you that it's too late now you should have gotten the PPR and we should start investigation and file that mandamus, it gives you panic. i guess it's going to be 1 year since the Pre arrival so it's kind of panic situation but as you mentioned, half of that time is due to Covid as well so I am hopeful and wait and let's see what happens.
Thanks once again.
@Vick007 , could you share your timeline? Even just the basics. Did you apply in September 2019?

My quick reaction is that most of the apps from late 2019 seem to be only getting finalized somewhat recently, like in the last two-three months.

Even in 'normal' pre-covid times 15 months or so is not crazy-excessive, and with covid, even more normal (unfortunately). It seems a lot/most files needing interviews are almost frozen - again, it's not 'right', but not sure the proposed solution would work.

My gut is that I don't think mandamus is really expected to resolve cases where it's just "some cases take longer than others." It's more intended for cases where the delays are clearly excessive and there is no reasonable explanation - where the delay is not fulfilling their mandated role by law.

Vick007

Dec 30, 2019
Look, I want to emphasize, I'm not a lawyer, and I don't want to second-guess your lawyer. And most of all I don't know anything about the specifics of your case - and one year since pre-arrival does seem excessive. But I also don't see how long your file has been going on.

And background is I've heard people in various contexts throw the idea of a Writ of Mandamus around as if it was a magic solution, so I'm a bit skeptical in general whereas at times it really does have its place.

But it's also possible your lawyer is experienced and has done this before successfully in some cases - because government does HAVE to respond to it (as I understand), and perhaps there is a possibility it will 'shake the tree' and get your file loose.

Off the top of my head my thoughts are:
-is your lawyer giving you a good, solid cost estimate? It's one thing if it's just writing a letter/filing but if he/she needs to go to court, well, that gets expensive. (But maybe the strategy is not to go to court)
-have your ordered gcms notes recently? Not only because it would help find out what is happening, but I would _assume_ that's good supporting info for the proposed mandamus.
-if you have got recent gcms notes - what do they tell you about where it's hung up?
-Have you also written your MP, written the minister, called, written whoever you can think of? Those things are "free" if you do them yourself. They also have some chance (even if small) of shaking things loose.

(Even with a filing of a writ of mandamus I'd want to keep the public pressure on - maybe interest a journalist - for the same reasons. It costs govt money to go to court as well so if it's really just a screw-up somewhere, maybe they'll deal with it. But if it's a real issue and not just a bureaucratic screw-up, govt has WAY more money than you.)

Again, not a lawyer, not an expert, but perhaps these thoughts help a bit)
I totally understand. I did receive GCMS notes last week and i see that everything is passed and it's just stuck after Pre-arrival. Aug 2019 Applicant and i received prearrival in March 2020 1 week before India went on full lock down. I have tried emailing MP's but no reply so i'll try those free avenues first. I'll give it another week and than decide what to do.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I totally understand. I did receive GCMS notes last week and i see that everything is passed and it's just stuck after Pre-arrival. Aug 2019 Applicant and i received prearrival in March 2020 1 week before India went on full lock down. I have tried emailing MP's but no reply so i'll try those free avenues first. I'll give it another week and than decide what to do.

Nothing happening after pre-arrival almost a year ago is weird - but then some offices seem to have a lot of this (NDVO in particular?).

It is possible your lawyer's suggestion is the best, honestly can't say.

Vick007

Dec 30, 2019
Nothing happening after pre-arrival almost a year ago is weird - but then some offices seem to have a lot of this (NDVO in particular?).

It is possible your lawyer's suggestion is the best, honestly can't say.
Correct. I see a lot of people in similar scenarios, similar timeline still waiting. So i'll try MP again and see if that helps.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
You are welcome, all the best.
Hi
I really need your help. I called Cic and they told me that all stages are passed but the final reviwe or final decision is required. I am from oct 2019 and waiting. Given that they are processing 2020, I feel they lost my application. What can I do? Thanks so much for guiding me

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi
I really need your help. I called Cic and they told me that all stages are passed but the final reviwe or final decision is required. I am from oct 2019 and waiting. Given that they are processing 2020, I feel they lost my application. What can I do? Thanks so much for guiding me
Are you being sponsored by spouse?

Order GCMS notes, contact MP.

Reactions: Vick007

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Are you being sponsored by spouse?

Order GCMS notes, contact MP.
I am CEC, and inland. I just ordered GCMS. Does contacting MP help? I feel they lost my file in their backlogs. I also had my 2nd medical few months ago and a phone call few months a go. But no final review or COPR and it is 16 months since oct 2019. I worry of I should wait for another year... Any advice is really appreciated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am CEC, and inland. I just ordered GCMS. Does contacting MP help? I feel they lost my file in their backlogs. I also had my 2nd medical few months ago and a phone call few months a go. But no final review or COPR and it is 16 months since oct 2019. I worry of I should wait for another year... Any advice is really appreciated.
You are posting in the family sponsorship/spousal sponsorship forum. You'll get answers that make more sense for your type of app if you post in the relevant forum.

It's entirely possible they're not finalizing apps for those that don't have immediate family in Canada, because you're literally not allowed to travel now. I don't know what they're doing with inland apps.

(There are some other exceptions but I don't know details of those)(

Reactions: Parisuzy

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi
@armoured covered it - thanks.

Reactions: Parisuzy

Mr.Happy123

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
I currently live in Canada and I have applied for a PR. It has been 6 months and I wan t ot order my GCMS notes. I will apply by myself on the ATIP website. I wanted to know what documents should I upload on the "Attached Document" section. Since I am apply for myself I don't need consent form. Is there any document that I need to upload for the proof of right of access?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I currently live in Canada and I have applied for a PR. It has been 6 months and I wan t ot order my GCMS notes. I will apply by myself on the ATIP website. I wanted to know what documents should I upload on the "Attached Document" section. Since I am apply for myself I don't need consent form. Is there any document that I need to upload for the proof of right of access?
See https://help.gcmsnotes.com/how-to-order/for-free

Ahmad KH

Jul 17, 2019
Guys please advise urgently.
I want to apply for GCMS notes, since I am outland I need to fill out consent form 5744. My question is that. Shall I sign on behalf of my kid since he is under 16 or leave it blank?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Guys please advise urgently.
I want to apply for GCMS notes, since I am outland I need to fill out consent form 5744. My question is that. Shall I sign on behalf of my kid since he is under 16 or leave it blank?
Follow the instructions on the form - both parents should sign if child < 16