+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO ORDER GCMS NOTES: STEP BY STEP PROCESS!

Ahmad KH

Jul 17, 2019
Follow the instructions on the form - both parents should sign if child < 16
Both parents are there. But I mean in the section where the minor information there is signature required, shall Both parents sign in this filed or leave it blank (which related to the kid)?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Both parents are there. But I mean in the section where the minor information there is signature required, shall Both parents sign in this filed or leave it blank (which related to the kid)?
Both parents should sign if child < 16

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi, I made a request under Privacy Act. I am currently in Canada. Although, I did not attach any document with my request because it was not mandatory. Will it go through? Thanks!
Proof for right of access is needed, IRCC may contact you about it to process the request if they are unable to verify. Otherwise it will go through.

Reactions: upon

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Proof for right of access is needed, IRCC may contact you about it to process the request if they are unable to verify. Otherwise it will go through.
Thanks for replying!
That is confusing. They don’t explain in that section what documents I should provide and the section is optional. If I knew I would provide it no problem.

Do you know what they need to verify? I gave them my UCI number with request + application number. I have a valid WP right now and working in Canada.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for replying!
That is confusing. They don’t explain in that section what documents I should provide and the section is optional. If I knew I would provide it no problem.

Do you know what they need to verify? I gave them my UCI number with request + application number. I have a valid WP right now and working in Canada.
You can also simply email them, referring the acknowledgement email you received and quoting the reference number provided therein

⭕ Checklist of what you will need

To prove that you have the right to make a request, you must provide one of the following documents: a copy of your Canadian passport or your permanent resident card, or an official document that demonstrates you are currently living in Canada (i.e. a driver's license, bill with proof of address, work/study/visitor permit, etc). Only one (1) document is required. Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) will not be accepted.

Reactions: upon

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
You can also simply email them, referring the acknowledgement email you received and quoting the reference number provided therein

⭕ Checklist of what you will need

To prove that you have the right to make a request, you must provide one of the following documents: a copy of your Canadian passport or your permanent resident card, or an official document that demonstrates you are currently living in Canada (i.e. a driver's license, bill with proof of address, work/study/visitor permit, etc). Only one (1) document is required. Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) will not be accepted.
Thanks for your recommendation!

Do you know when they usually contact people if they need this document though? Like how many days after submitting?

LongwaytogoPR

Nov 22, 2019
Hi,

Need some advice regarding GCMS notes,
I have applied my PR last year March ,2020 ( AOR 2nd week of March ), all done including biometric ( Oct end, 2020) just waiting for final approval but since then no update and still in back ground check processing.
I am planning to apply GCMS notes but my application is submitted by immigration consultant and they are representing me.

I am primary applicant, is it I am legally allowed to apply for GCMS notes ? Since, my application is submitted by immigration consultant, will it have any negative impact to my application processing if I try to obtain GCMS notes to see what's going on / where it's stuck ?

Thanks,

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi,

Need some advice regarding GCMS notes,
I have applied my PR last year March ,2020 ( AOR 2nd week of March ), all done including biometric ( Oct end, 2020) just waiting for final approval but since then no update and still in back ground check processing.
I am planning to apply GCMS notes but my application is submitted by immigration consultant and they are representing me.

I am primary applicant, is it I am legally allowed to apply for GCMS notes ? Since, my application is submitted by immigration consultant, will it have any negative impact to my application processing if I try to obtain GCMS notes to see what's going on / where it's stuck ?

Thanks,
You can request Gcms Notes if you wish, it has no negative impact but your consultant should be able to help you as well.

LongwaytogoPR

Nov 22, 2019
You can request Gcms Notes if you wish, it has no negative impact but your consultant should be able to help you as well.
Thanks, I did initially approach my consultant but they don't do GCMS application it seems for whatever reasons. Hence, i posted seeking advice.

I think I will start going to apply GCMS notes by myself because when i checked Official website regarding who should apply, it says any individual present in Canada can apply as shown 2 questions captured in official website. I am temporary worker ..So, i think should be fine .. correct me if i am wrong please.

Who can make a request under the Access to Information Act?
Canadian citizens, permanent residents and any individual present in Canada can make a request under the Access to Information Act

What do I need to submit a request online ?
Proof that you have the right to make a request:
A proof of Canadian citizenship, such as a copy of your passport or citizenship certificate;
A proof of your status as a permanent resident, such as a copy of your permanent resident card; or
A proof of temporary status in Canada, such as a work, study and/or visitor permit.