+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO ORDER GCMS NOTES: STEP BY STEP PROCESS!

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
I ordered GCMS notes 2 months ago ...
Still no response ....

Anyone recently received GCMS notes ? How long did it take ?
I applied for my husband's notes on Feb 27th 2022, but still no response, I wanted detailed notes as I already have the gcms notes which we applied back in 2020.Backn then w egot them in only 20 dyas, but it is taking forever now

Reactions: bluebird12345

moregist

Jun 16, 2017
Good day All, my PPR finally landed last week after waiting for 11 months but I am having one challenge, I had my first semester via online at Humber College but was not allowed to register for 2nd semester because I haven't gotten my study permit then. So I had to defer the 2nd semester to January 2023 and this was communicated to IRCC using webform. But to my surprise, the visa issued to me is only valid till November 2022. This where I am confused. Please what do I do now, I need someone to advise me on this.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
I applied for my husband's notes on Feb 27th 2022, but still no response, I wanted detailed notes as I already have the gcms notes which we applied back in 2020.Backn then w egot them in only 20 dyas, but it is taking forever now
I'm waiting my notes since Dec. 2021

thaiyub1982

Apr 26, 2018
India
Category........
PNP
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
I'm waiting my notes since Dec. 2021
Everything at the moment is taking a life long. Don’t understand why. I heard the people are back in their office and they have started to work on the pending files.

Reactions: Phalos

amirg

Star Member
Jan 15, 2022
Hi, I applied today to get PA's note. But I haven't received the page to pay $5.
I got the confirmation email with a temp tracking number.
Is it OK?

amir_e

Feb 13, 2022
I am not clear on: ‘Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada’. So if I am a PR living in Canada and applied for citizenship, do I select Privacy Act or Information Act? And what is the Type of records to request?

amir_e

Feb 13, 2022
I am not clear on: ‘Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada’. So if I am a PR living in Canada and applied for citizenship, do I select Privacy Act or Information Act? And what is the Type of records to request?
can anyone help me understand the difference between privacy Act and Access to Information Act. Not sure which one to select.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
can anyone help me understand the difference between privacy Act and Access to Information Act. Not sure which one to select.
Access to information: you request info on a file. PA on the file is NOT you. Consent form to be signed. Pay $5 fee.
Privacy Act: you request info on a file. PA of the file is you. No fee.
"You" must be inside Canada to apply for GCMS.

miglanianurag

Nov 3, 2022
Is there any reliable partner who offers this service? Don't want to put up in a situation where I later realize I have been a victim of Identity theft or anything.

jessiezhai

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
I constantly keep seeing many people asking how to order gcms notes; although it's been answered hundreds of times on this forum. This is courtesy of Kinza_Bee and many other contributors on how to order GCMS NOTES!

How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. Get your sponsor to request on PA'S behalf!

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document (can be more than 30 pages)

Consent form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information
Department: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Title:
Family Name:
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, visa doc, or passport ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.

*NOTE* You do not have to be physically present in Canada to order your GCMS NOTES; However, you need to be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to request notes on Applicant's behalf!
Thank you first. In case I need this in the future.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

nomi00

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
hi
i need to order gcms notes.
which option is more convenient, using a friend who is citizen in canada or myself from outland.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.