+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO ORDER GCMS NOTES: STEP BY STEP PROCESS!

manumk@21

Dec 24, 2021
@Sue2017 @Kinza_Bee and others

Thanks for sharing this information. Just a quick question

My wife, currently in Canada, requested the GCMS notes as per steps mentioned here and uploaded the scanned consent form signed by me . However, we received an email from ATIP that formed should be submitted with hand written signature

Now the question is, if gcms form needs to be applied online then how could the consent form be submitted with hand written signature?

Is there anyone else who faced the same issue?
Hi, my friend who's a PR in Canada applied for GCMS notes for my student visa. However, he forgot to attach a proof of identify, will this application be rejected?. If yes, can we submit a new request immediately without loosing time? Please reply TIA

TuG

Aug 7, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I am trying to apply GCMS notes for my father's application and my father does not use surname. What should I fill out in the below textboxes ?
*Surname (Family Name)
*Given Name(s) (First Name)

Pls note that in the visa application, I had filled the full name in Surname field and kept the Given name empty as mentioned in IRCC website.

Karan Suneja

Feb 21, 2021
I constantly keep seeing many people asking how to order gcms notes; although it's been answered hundreds of times on this forum. This is courtesy of Kinza_Bee and many other contributors on how to order GCMS NOTES!

How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. Get your sponsor to request on PA'S behalf!

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document (can be more than 30 pages)

Consent form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information
Department: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Title:
Family Name:
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, visa doc, or passport ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.

*NOTE* You do not have to be physically present in Canada to order your GCMS NOTES; However, you need to be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to request notes on Applicant's behalf!
Anotherway is using applygcmsnotes.ca they are doing it in 5$ for everyone around the globe in 5$ for regular GCMS Notes

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Everyone,
I am trying to apply GCMS notes for my father's application and my father does not use surname. What should I fill out in the below textboxes ?
*Surname (Family Name)
*Given Name(s) (First Name)

Pls note that in the visa application, I had filled the full name in Surname field and kept the Given name empty as mentioned in IRCC website.
Enter the given name twice, i.e. in both the given name and last name fields.

Reactions: 1996kaur

royalrumble

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
My canadian spouse applied for gcms notes from ircc and cbsa. She attached the consent form but forgot to attach her passport. What should she do? Apply again or contact atip division? Do they email back quickly? HELP

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My canadian spouse applied for gcms notes from ircc and cbsa. She attached the consent form but forgot to attach her passport. What should she do? Apply again or contact atip division? Do they email back quickly? HELP
If IRCC or CBSA require any additional documentation, they will ask.

IRCC takes 60-90 days to release the GCMS notes anyway, so don;t expect anything soon.

royalrumble

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
If IRCC or CBSA require any additional documentation, they will ask.

IRCC takes 60-90 days to release the GCMS notes anyway, so don;t expect anything soon.
Thanks for the reply. Yes i do understand that they will ask for additional documentation but i just dont want to delay the process even more. So i will send them the missing doc via email with explanation and wait for a response back. Thanks @legalfalcon

Ion Revilla

Mar 7, 2023
Hi. Am I able to request GCMS notes (CBSA +IRCC) in behalf of my sister who lives abroad (sister is the Principal Applicant)? what documents are needed aside from her filling up the authorization form?

Last edited:

thefallenstar

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Melbourne, Australia
NOC Code......
Hi. Am I able to request GCMS notes (CBSA +IRCC) in behalf of my sister who lives abroad (sister is the Principal Applicant)? what documents are needed aside from her filling up the authorization form?
I applied through gcmsapply.com , very simple application form, it only took 1 minute to fill and submit. And I received my GCMS notes from IRCC in 37 days and from CBSA in about 40 days. Altogether I paid around $11.

Ion Revilla

Mar 7, 2023
I applied through gcmsapply.com , very simple application form, it only took 1 minute to fill and submit. And I received my GCMS notes from IRCC in 37 days and from CBSA in about 40 days. Altogether I paid around $11.
Is there any difference between going directly to the site vs gcmsapply.com? and will the time frame be different or the same?

royalrumble

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
What documents are needed? aside from the authorization form.
is it the representative passport/PR card and the applicant's foreign passport?
Yes. Attach consent form, representative passport or PR, applicants passport. Make sure to enter detailed information in the notes with application number, UCI, names, when app was submitted and any other relevant information to help IRCC/CBSA to fetch your file. Good luck

royalrumble

Star Member
Aug 8, 2021
I received my gcms notes from IRCC but CBSA hasnt responded yet with anything. Weird as I thought CBSA would be faster in responding. What should I do? I need to see security details. Emailed them before but never got any reply.