+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO ORDER GCMS NOTES: STEP BY STEP PROCESS!

HK1063

Star Member
May 7, 2021
You ordered special from CBSA? Why, if you don't mind me asking?
As advised in other forums, CBSA should be faster than that of IRCC and their report should cover a bit more on the session of security screening.
In any event, that 4-month extension notice is absolutely out of my expectation and makes me very worrying about my case, esp. when I see that other late applicants have already received their PPR or CoPR.

ChessGirl

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
As advised in other forums, CBSA should be faster than that of IRCC and their report should cover a bit more on the session of security screening.
In any event, that 4-month extension notice is absolutely out of my expectation and makes me very worrying about my case, esp. when I see that other late applicants have already received their PPR or CoPR.
I ordered from CBSA as well...i read that they are faster. I hope they don't extend by that long

riyazden

Jul 13, 2020
I constantly keep seeing many people asking how to order gcms notes; although it's been answered hundreds of times on this forum. This is courtesy of Kinza_Bee and many other contributors on how to order GCMS NOTES!

How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. Get your sponsor to request on PA'S behalf!

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document (can be more than 30 pages)

Consent form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information
Department: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Title:
Family Name:
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, visa doc, or passport ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.

*NOTE* You do not have to be physically present in Canada to order your GCMS NOTES; However, you need to be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to request notes on Applicant's behalf!
Just to add, for INLAND applicants (Self and Dependents) it was not asking processing fee of $5 while submitting the GCMS notes request.

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Hello Folks, HELP NEEDED

I'm PR (Sponsor) residing inside Canada and I'm sponsoring my spouse (PA) residing outside of Canada.
I'm about to file GCMS notes and wanted to clear some doubts

If anyone can confirm below details,

Section 1 - Designated Representative’s Information (Do I need to fill in Sponsors details or PA's?)
Section 2 - Applicant's Information (Whose information do I need to fill here?)

Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks in advance! :)

Akissi18

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
YEG
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-03-2021
Med's Request
07-07-2021
Med's Done....
08-07-2021
Passport Req..
27-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2021
LANDED..........
16-09-2021
Hello Folks, HELP NEEDED

I'm PR (Sponsor) residing inside Canada and I'm sponsoring my spouse (PA) residing outside of Canada.
I'm about to file GCMS notes and wanted to clear some doubts

If anyone can confirm below details,

Section 1 - Designated Representative’s Information (Do I need to fill in Sponsors details or PA's?)
Section 2 - Applicant's Information (Whose information do I need to fill here?)

Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks in advance! :)
1. Sponsor
2. Principle Applicant

Reactions: Jabya

Jabya

May 29, 2019
Do we get Sponsor Approvals information in GCMS if I raise webform for spousal PR application? or it just gives you details on PA side of application?

Jabya

May 29, 2019
I constantly keep seeing many people asking how to order gcms notes; although it's been answered hundreds of times on this forum. This is courtesy of Kinza_Bee and many other contributors on how to order GCMS NOTES!

Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. Get your sponsor to request on PA'S behalf!

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document (can be more than 30 pages)

Consent form:

GCMS Notes:

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Requester Information

Title:
Family Name:
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Surname (Family Name):
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, visa doc, or passport ), Consent Form.

*NOTE* You do not have to be physically present in Canada to order your GCMS NOTES; However, you need to be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to request notes on Applicant's behalf!
Hello Folks

I'm trying to apply for GCMS and I DONT see any option for

Which option should I select from this dropdown? *Which type of records do you wish to request?
1. Immigration/Citizenship Records?
2. Employee Records?

Reactions: arclite181

Karan Suneja

Feb 21, 2021

Consent form:

GCMS Notes:

Requester Information

Title:
Family Name:
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:

Act & Record Selection

Surname (Family Name):
File Number:

to apply in 5$ for GCMS, if you are inland there is another option for inland people . they can go to https://applygcmsnotes.ca if you live inside Canada they only Charge 5$ i think they are better if you don't want to share your address,phone number or email with IRCC

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Curious why this would be a concern? IRCC has your contact info a
Hit post too soon. IRCC has all that info and much more. If you want to protect your info seems like giving it to a company you've otherwise not given information to is counterproductive...

pankyy

Star Member
May 28, 2020
Hit post too soon. IRCC has all that info and much more. If you want to protect your info seems like giving it to a company you've otherwise not given information to is counterproductive...
Agree! I'm inland and about to order notes.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I've requested our info via https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip but it didn't ask for any payment. I'm inside Canada. Is that normal?
I don't know about 'normal' but this happened to me and I was surprised, also tried to research. In fairly short order I got the atip confirmation and 30 days later the gcms notes. The next time I did gcms notes, the payment was requested.

No idea why, maybe the first one is free.

Reactions: 4K0223