+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO ORDER GCMS NOTES: STEP BY STEP PROCESS!

thaiyub1982

Apr 26, 2018
India
Category........
PNP
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
If find that they are pretty expensive than others. Kindly advise.

meteora

Aug 15, 2016
Hi Folks- Is it possible to order GCMC notes for H&C application ? I applied for my mother's H&C application a year ago and no response since then. I was wondering if GCMC notes could shed a light on the progress of the application

Thank You

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hi Folks- Is it possible to order GCMC notes for H&C application ? I applied for my mother's H&C application a year ago and no response since then. I was wondering if GCMC notes could shed a light on the progress of the application

Thank You
Yes you can

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
Who did you apply through? Was through a third party or was it through a source you know someone in canada ?
Sorry I did not see your post, I applied directly for my husband as I live in Canada. I signed a consent form so I could request the information on his behalf.

Rabe_arshad

May 31, 2019
I constantly keep seeing many people asking how to order gcms notes; although it's been answered hundreds of times on this forum. This is courtesy of Kinza_Bee and many other contributors on how to order GCMS NOTES!

How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. Get your sponsor to request on PA'S behalf!

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document (can be more than 30 pages)

Consent form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information
Department: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Title:
Family Name:
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, visa doc, or passport ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.

*NOTE* You do not have to be physically present in Canada to order your GCMS NOTES; However, you need to be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to request notes on Applicant's behalf!
Is it a good idea to attach the snapshot of GCMS notes in the letter of explanation in new TRV application and address VO's concerns point by point? Would it be something illegal to attach GCMS?

Last edited:

Enxhi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hi everyone,
I ordered gmcs notes but I forgot to attach consent form and today I received an email requesting the consent. Can someone explain me please on the section 1 and 2, what is “Related individual’s information”, what information I have to write in this part?
Also, they said quote our file number in any correspondence, which file number I have to write? That number which is on the subject?
Thanks

Jss592

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Hi everyone,
I ordered gmcs notes but I forgot to attach consent form and today I received an email requesting the consent. Can someone explain me please on the section 1 and 2, what is “Related individual’s information”, what information I have to write in this part?
Also, they said quote our file number in any correspondence, which file number I have to write? That number which is on the subject?
Thanks
Sec 2 your info, sec 2.1 spouse and Application number which starts with E/V/W/EE followed by 9 digits.
You can also use the third party service to do things for you.

Enxhi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Sec 2 your info, sec 2.1 spouse and Application number which starts with E/V/W/EE followed by 9 digits.
You can also use the third party service to do things for you.

Thanks a lot
I thought I have to fill all the sections,
So, section 2 my information( applicant)
My husband’s information is section 2.1 (related individual’s information or section 1(representative)?
When can I find that number? Is that number which is on the subject of email?
A-xxxx-xxxxx

Jss592

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Thanks a lot
I thought I have to fill all the sections,
So, section 2 my information( applicant)
My husband’s information is section 2.1 (related individual’s information or section 1(representative)?
When can I find that number? Is that number which is on the subject of email?
A-xxxx-xxxxx
No it starts with E or EE for express entry.
W for work permit
V for visitors visa

sali86

Apr 9, 2015
I applied for a GMC note. But it didn't ask me to pay. (I applied from within Canada). I got the tracking number. just wondering have I done it correctly?

Daccan17

Jun 14, 2019
Hello, Could someone tell me what’s happening with my application. This letter i received from CPC-Edmonton 18-03-2019

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Class. This is to advise you that your application has been transferred to the Canadian Immigration Centre in London for furtherassessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. Once processing iscomplete, that office will notify you by mail of their decision. Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding your application, you may contact the Canada Immigration Centre in writing as follows:
CIC London
417 Exeter road,
London, ON, N6E2Z3
Few details of my Application
I applied under High medical needs class (Paper Based Application) Time line of Application as follows AOR December 18,
Medical Passed December 18,
Eligibility passed letter January 4th of 2019
Biometric and PCC request on January 4th of 2019,
PCC and Biometric submitted on 11th of January and
I received the above information letter on March 18 which informed my file transferred from Cpc Edmonton to London(Ontario) cic.
Folks, if you can share any knowledge about what’s going on with application would be really appreciated. Thank you !!