+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO ORDER GCMS NOTES: STEP BY STEP PROCESS!

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Hi Guys, Can one ask for the notes for past applications? like applications filed 3-4 years ago?

kenedyjones

Apr 18, 2019
I constantly keep seeing many people asking how to order gcms notes; although it's been answered hundreds of times on this forum. This is courtesy of Kinza_Bee and many other contributors on how to order GCMS NOTES!

How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. Get your sponsor to request on PA'S behalf!

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document (can be more than 30 pages)

Consent form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information
Department: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Title:
Family Name:
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, visa doc, or passport ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.

*NOTE* You do not have to be physically present in Canada to order your GCMS NOTES; However, you need to be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to request notes on Applicant's behalf!
I can't find "Case Files" in "The type of Records" section

bms123bms

Apr 16, 2019
I constantly keep seeing many people asking how to order gcms notes; although it's been answered hundreds of times on this forum. This is courtesy of Kinza_Bee and many other contributors on how to order GCMS NOTES!

Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. Get your sponsor to request on PA'S behalf!

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document (can be more than 30 pages)

Consent form:

GCMS Notes:

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Requester Information

Title:
Family Name:
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Surname (Family Name):
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, visa doc, or passport ), Consent Form.

*NOTE* You do not have to be physically present in Canada to order your GCMS NOTES; However, you need to be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to request notes on Applicant's behalf!
Can you tell me what to fill in Firm/Organization field in Consent form? My friend will be soliciting the information on my behalf. Thabks

ns85

Mar 3, 2019

Consent form:

GCMS Notes:

Requester Information

Title:
Family Name:
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:

Act & Record Selection

Surname (Family Name):
File Number:

EDIT
Hey guys,
I am the sponsor requesting notes. I am also the rep for my wife and we are filling out the consent form.
Under "Are you requesting information on your behalf?" do I select yes or no?

Last edited:

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
Hey Guys,

I was checking the Consent form, could you please tell what information should be present on section 2.1 of the form? s this for a secondary applicant?

1. Designated Representative’s Information
2. Applicant's Information
2.1 Related Individual’s Information

Kk_cool_anuba

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Could anybody tell me what is included in the information that is provided by CIC when I make a request under access to information act?

nirmal3913

May 17, 2019
Hi experts,

Is it worth paying for the GCMS notes or you reckon the free service just works fine? Is it frustrating to not receive the update after waiting for 30-45 days. One of my friend suggested using - https://www.ordergcmsnotescanada.com/ But I am just not sure if there's better way to get it for free??

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hi experts,

Is it worth paying for the GCMS notes or you reckon the free service just works fine? Is it frustrating to not receive the update after waiting for 30-45 days. One of my friend suggested using - https://www.ordergcmsnotescanada.com/ But I am just not sure if there's better way to get it for free??
If you are outland, you have to pay. I have seen this website, i don't know even if they are active or not. I suggest getgcmsnotesbuddy.com for it.