+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO ORDER GCMS NOTES: STEP BY STEP PROCESS!

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
Hi
I am Canadian citizen and applied for my wife sponsorship.
I am thinking to apply for GCMS Notes, but I have representative in my files, can I apply GCMS notes as sponsor for spouse .

it would not impact to my file? or do my representative have to apply for GCMS Notes,
Hi what happened did you apply GCMS for your wife even though you representative? We have the same boat

Last edited:

hungvangg

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi what happened did you apply GCMS for your wife even though you representative? We have the same boat
hi there, I am also having representative, and he told me that I can apply by myself without any problems. I just did applied GCMS note.

Reactions: Calm2019

Calm2019

Jan 31, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
November 2, 2018
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
November 22, 2018
Med's Request
January 21, 2019
Med's Done....
January 29, 2019
hi there, I am also having representative, and he told me that I can apply by myself without any problems. I just did applied GCMS note.
Thank you so much

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
Hello to everyone who can read this message.
I followed the OP to the T, but never got the payment done as i didn't see any option to do so.
Did i do something wrong or has the process changed since the opening post was written?
Thanks!

Reactions: woyaodeshihulu

George wilson86

Mar 8, 2019
When you have waited for 60 days or so and no movement on your file. Plus not sure if there is anything a person can do after notes other then wait more ? Those who ordered notes please feel free to chime in with regards to their actions if any after they received the notes, so others know what to expect and not to expect.
Is this notes is confidential just through email they send??and how much more info we can get through this and if we have a representatative still we can do that??

The CanadaDream

Jun 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pune
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
I am not in Canada and I am the primary applicant. I don't have anyone in Canada who can request these. My AoR came in on 22nd September 2018, got MEP mid October 18. Since then there is no update on the MyCIC account nor via mail.
Can iapply for GCMS notes from out of Canada via email or something?

Enxhi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hi
Can you tell me please why did you apply notes? Sorry but I don’t know why are applied notes. I have passed the medical, biometric and now I’m waiting for background check and eligibility. Should I apply notes?

usr19

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
I am not in Canada and I am the primary applicant. I don't have anyone in Canada who can request these. My AoR came in on 22nd September 2018, got MEP mid October 18. Since then there is no update on the MyCIC account nor via mail.
If you're a Canadian citizen or PR, you can make the request from outside Canada.

hungvangg

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
Can you tell me please why did you apply notes? Sorry but I don’t know why are applied notes. I have passed the medical, biometric and now I’m waiting for background check and eligibility. Should I apply notes?
because I have been waiting more than 6 months after medical done without any news :(

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi all,

As the sponsor, I filled out a Privacy Act request to CBSA. I included in my request "GCMS notes". They gave them to me after submitting a consent from the Primary Applicant. All within 30 days.

I also requested other info like travel history and secondary inspection reports.

The only annoying thing is that they mail a CD, even though I asked for paper or email. But that's ok, I dusted off my mom's laptop from 2008 that has a CD-ROM drive.

So if you're in a rush for your GCMS notes, consider sending the request to both CIC and CBSA. Or give CIC a break and ask CBSA for it. They're both authorized users of the system.
Will doing this tell me if we're in ss and where we're at in the process?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
If you are a Canadian Citizen or PR, you can apply even if you are outside Canada. If none of these apply, you can use a third party service like gcmsbuddy.com to apply.

Reactions: The CanadaDream

AlgCad0218

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
21-02-2018
File Transfer...
05-05-2018
Med's Done....
03-05-2018
Has anyone ever had long delays to receive their notes ? It’s been 31 days on March 15. I contacted them on day 34 and they told me they would put a rush on it. 2 weeks later I still have not heard back from them. It’s the first time it happens, I usually receive the notes on day 31.

Do you guys think there’s something wrong with our file ? (We’re past month 13)

Last edited:

Prasad001

Apr 4, 2019
I constantly keep seeing many people asking how to order gcms notes; although it's been answered hundreds of times on this forum. This is courtesy of Kinza_Bee and many other contributors on how to order GCMS NOTES!

How to apply GCMS / ATIP notes.
Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. Get your sponsor to request on PA'S behalf!

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a ~30 pages document (can be more than 30 pages)

Consent form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information
Department: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Title:
Family Name:
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, visa doc, or passport ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.

*NOTE* You do not have to be physically present in Canada to order your GCMS NOTES; However, you need to be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to request notes on Applicant's behalf!

Prasad001

Apr 4, 2019
Hello, Could someone tell me what’s happening with my application. This letter i received from CPC-Edmonton 18-03-2019

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Class. This is to advise you that your application has been transferred to the Canadian Immigration Centre in London for furtherassessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. Once processing iscomplete, that office will notify you by mail of their decision. Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding your application, you may contact the Canada Immigration Centre in writing as follows:
CIC London
417 Exeter road,
London, ON, N6E2Z3
Few details of my Application
I applied under High medical needs class (Paper Based Application) Time line of Application as follows AOR December 18,
Medical Passed December 18,
Eligibility passed letter January 4th of 2019
Biometric and PCC request on January 4th of 2019,
PCC and Biometric submitted on 11th of January and
I received the above information letter on March 18 which informed my file transferred from Cpc Edmonton to London(Ontario) cic.
Folks, if you can share any knowledge about what’s going on with application would be really appreciated. Thank you !!

The CanadaDream

Jun 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pune
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
If you are a Canadian Citizen or PR, you can apply even if you are outside Canada. If none of these apply, you can use a third party service like gcmsbuddy.com to apply.
Thanks Maverick... Got my visa on 5th April 2019. Thanks a lot for the info though. U all have been very helpful....