+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to bring a newborn child of a PR resident to Canada

Harmanhira87

Star Member
May 7, 2018
Similar case as my brother in laws. He instead of sending his wife to india applied for my in law parents to canada they got the visa and travelled there.baby was born and after two or three weeks they three(my motherinlaw,sister in law and the baby) came to india for 6 months.guess wat the baby had canada citizenship and travelled on canadian passport.both my brother in law and his wife are PR not citizens yet even today.so i think you apply for your parents tourist visa and after baby birth send them to home country

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
Similar case as my brother in laws. He instead of sending his wife to india applied for my in law parents to canada they got the visa and travelled there.baby was born and after two or three weeks they three(my motherinlaw,sister in law and the baby) came to india for 6 months.guess wat the baby had canada citizenship and travelled on canadian passport.both my brother in law and his wife are PR not citizens yet even today.so i think you apply for your parents tourist visa and after baby birth send them to home country
Appreciate the information! However, this was a different case. My friend had to go back to his home country as he had to finish his assignments, wind things up before moving here.

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
Thank you all for your valuable inputs and information! My friend has finally moved to Canada along with his family recently. He applied for a visitor's visa for this daughter and specifically mentioned that she being a dependent, would require to be with him and his wife in Canada. The visa got approved for next three years and they are here now. They will now apply for their daughter's PR.

Reactions: MahwishYaser

MahwishYaser

Jan 23, 2016
Thank you all for your valuable inputs and information! My friend has finally moved to Canada along with his family recently. He applied for a visitor's visa for this daughter and specifically mentioned that she being a dependent, would require to be with him and his wife in Canada. The visa got approved for next three years and they are here now. They will now apply for their daughter's PR.
My case is similar, Me and my husband along with our two daughters are pr holders since 2017. We had to come back to Saudi Arabia because of my mother in law serious health issue. Meanwhile my daughter was born in Saudi Arabia. Now we are planning to go back to Canada and want to take our new born along with us as she is completely dependent on us and can't leave her behind. Kindly share the procedure used by your friend . It will be great help
regards

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
My case is similar, Me and my husband along with our two daughters are pr holders since 2017. We had to come back to Saudi Arabia because of my mother in law serious health issue. Meanwhile my daughter was born in Saudi Arabia. Now we are planning to go back to Canada and want to take our new born along with us as she is completely dependent on us and can't leave her behind. Kindly share the procedure used by your friend . It will be great help
regards
They applied for Visitor's Visa for their daughter and along with other documents, they provided a letter of explanation explaining that they have the Permanent Residence, and their daughter needs to travel with them as she is only an infant (exact age) and she is completely dependent on them anf d that you will be applying for her Permanent Residence upon your arrival in Canada.

Hope this helps.

SMFAHAD

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014 Alhamdulillah
Gr
Hi I just wanted to include some additional information regarding PR for baby born outside canada.

Info:
My wife and I are both PR`s and have been staying in India. We also had a baby while in India and made plans to move to Canada from India.

After a info search and conversation with few members here (thanks to Awebus & Colinmeli), we figured that the direct way to do this is through a TRV visa.

Process:

1)Just prepare and gather the required documentation

-Check the official website for current info and also talk to VFS if you for more info
(http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/contact_us.html)
-Documents that I submitted were Baby`s Passport, birth certificate, photo, PR photo copies, coverletter, bank
statement printout, coverletter and documents that possibly substantiated claims made in my coverletter (eg; my
wifes bond letter with employer)

2) Coverletter:
- Explain reason for your stay in India. From what I understand try to avoid reasons related to business
responsibilities.
- You can focus on contract terms with your employer, your wifes educational program commitments, medical
reasons etc.
- Also, one smart thing to do is to mention that, incase of denial TRV visa for your baby, you can request them to
consider the application for TRP (Temporary resident permit)

3) Form filling:
- Although its pretty direct, I went to the VFS office to get assistance on filling forms. The service fee for that was I
think less than Rs 300 and its worth every penny.
- For reason for travelling, I mentioned "accompanying parents"
- The VFS rep suggested we apply for Multiple entry as its the same fee

4) One week after submitting our application, we received a request to submit medicals. This is straight forward, just go to the panel doctor and they will measure babys head size, length, weight etc and send it to CIC. Most of the doctors can transmit this info directly. So check if they can electronically transfer all details to the consulate directly when you setup your appointment.

5) Five days after submitting our medicals, our baby`s passport was dispatched to the VFS center. I went there to collect it and noticed that our baby was granted a multiple entry visa for one year.

So, I am sure there are lot more things to come and will keep you guys posted on it.

For any info that you think is not available online, let me know. For any documentation, form filling work etc contact VFS directly.

TC
Pr

SMFAHAD

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014 Alhamdulillah
Great info

Need assistance here please. I will be leaving for canada in a month due to job. My wife however has to stay here due to new born baby. Any idea how long it will take to sponsor the newborn if I sponsor from canada.

Also is it appropriate to take this route or should I go for TRV and then TRP route and apply from my own country.
Please guide.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Great info

Need assistance here please. I will be leaving for canada in a month due to job. My wife however has to stay here due to new born baby. Any idea how long it will take to sponsor the newborn if I sponsor from canada.

Also is it appropriate to take this route or should I go for TRV and then TRP route and apply from my own country.
Please guide.

Thanks
Expect 6 months for sponsorship.

You must be in Canada to sponsor. It is your decision whether to try to bring the child as a visitor. That has nothing to do with the PR app.

SMFAHAD

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014 Alhamdulillah
Thanks Canuck

Let me go in a bit detail. My wife also has to be in canada before May for satisfying Residency obligation requirements.

So just wanted to know which route is quickest
1: applying for TRV and then TRP (in case TRV is rejected) from home country; or
2: myself going to Canada in January and then sponsorship the newborn.

Regards

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks Canuck

Let me go in a bit detail. My wife also has to be in canada before May for satisfying Residency obligation requirements.

So just wanted to know which route is the quickest
1: applying for TRV and then TRP from home country
2: myself going to Canada in January and then sponsorship the newborn.

Regards
As I said, the TRV/TRP has nothing to do with the PR app. They are entirely independent of each other. The quickest route is getting the PR app submitted.

SMFAHAD

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014 Alhamdulillah
Thanks Canuck

Got it.

SMFAHAD

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014 Alhamdulillah
Hi

Quick question on TRV. I am filling the IMM 5256 form. However there is no mention / option of TRP incase the TRV is rejected. Also some one told me in a forum that a separate fees for TRP should also be included in TRV application should the TRV be refused. Please guide where to mention about TRP and the associated fees.

Thanks

tsaleh

Jan 24, 2019
Hi all,

I kindly need your help.

I recently received the COPR for myself,my wife and our son. The COPR expires on 11th of April 2019. We are planning to land in Canada temporary in April and then move permanently to Canada in a year or so.
However, We just found out that my wife is 3 weeks pregnant so we’re expecting delivery sometime in September. Having read most of the threads before, and since we have not landed in Canada yet, my question is the following:

Is there a way that we can postpone the landing obligation date until the baby is born and then add him/her to the application?
If so, I assume that I have to hand back the COPRs correct? Does this mean that I have to re-apply again and risk getting rejected? Or is it only a matter of adding one more dependent to the already approved application and issue new COPRs?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

I kindly need your help.

I recently received the COPR for myself,my wife and our son. The COPR expires on 11th of April 2019. We are planning to land in Canada temporary in April and then move permanently to Canada in a year or so.
However, We just found out that my wife is 3 weeks pregnant so we’re expecting delivery sometime in September. Having read most of the threads before, and since we have not landed in Canada yet, my question is the following:

Is there a way that we can postpone the landing obligation date until the baby is born and then add him/her to the application?
If so, I assume that I have to hand back the COPRs correct? Does this mean that I have to re-apply again and risk getting rejected? Or is it only a matter of adding one more dependent to the already approved application and issue new COPRs?

You cannot extend the date on the COPR. You must land before the COPRs expire.

Reactions: EstherBarros

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
Hi all,

I kindly need your help.

Scylla is correct, you can either land before April 11th, 2019, or re-apply once you are ready to move to Canada with your family, and include your new baby in the fresh application.