+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to bring a newborn child of a PR resident to Canada

Oma D

May 31, 2019
My husband lives in Saskatchewan, the most important thing though is getting back passports on time to land and leave the hassles of a fresh application.
You should be aware that many provinces have an up to a 3 month wait to qualify for healthcare coverage. You'd be responsible for any healthcare expenses until then.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My husband lives in Saskatchewan, the most important thing though is getting back passports on time to land and leave the hassles of a fresh application.
Have you verified whether you will have access to healthcare immediately or whether you will have to wait 3 months? It is unclear from the website. Otherwise you would have to pay for your prenatal healthcare and delivery which is likely to be over 10K.

Special Classes of Newcomers
If you are moving to Saskatchewan from outside of Canada, you may be eligible for Saskatchewan health coverage on, or before, the first day of the third month after arriving in Canada, if you are among one of the groups:

• Permanent residents (landed immigrants)
  • People discharged from the Canadian Forces
  • Non-immigrants who are in Canada in connection with their trade or profession
  • International students
  • Returning spouses of Canadian Forces members
  • Returning Canadian citizens

Oma D

May 31, 2019
Have you verified whether you will have access to healthcare immediately or whether you will have to wait 3 months? It is unclear from the website. Otherwise you would have to pay for your prenatal healthcare and delivery which is likely to be over 10K.

Special Classes of Newcomers
If you are moving to Saskatchewan from outside of Canada, you may be eligible for Saskatchewan health coverage on, or before, the first day of the third month after arriving in Canada, if you are among one of the groups:

• Permanent residents (landed immigrants)
  • People discharged from the Canadian Forces
  • Non-immigrants who are in Canada in connection with their trade or profession
  • International students
  • Returning spouses of Canadian Forces members
  • Returning Canadian citizens
OK thanks, assuming we decide to have the baby here in Nigeria, does my husband have to sponsor me and the child or just the child as I already got the PR

dinodn

Aug 22, 2016
Hey all,

Can someone please shed some light on how long does it take these days to get PR for newborn via sponsorship category.

Akash_16

May 7, 2018
Dear Members , I am writing to get clarity of my current status from you & other experienced in similar cases.

I received my COPR in June 2019. In July, we got blessed with a baby boy and requested CIC to add the newborn. After submitting all docs, the newborn is now showing as added to application. But they still have not requested for passports again or send new PPR email.
In my account, in messages it is saying : Your action is required.
In Review of additional documents, it is saying:
  • We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
What should i Do ? Submit passports to VO directly or wait more.
Regards
AB

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear Members , I am writing to get clarity of my current status from you & other experienced in similar cases.

I received my COPR in June 2019. In July, we got blessed with a baby boy and requested CIC to add the newborn. After submitting all docs, the newborn is now showing as added to application. But they still have not requested for passports again or send new PPR email.
In my account, in messages it is saying : Your action is required.
In Review of additional documents, it is saying:
  • We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
What should i Do ? Submit passports to VO directly or wait more.
Regards
AB
You can send a Webform to ask.

Akash_16

May 7, 2018
Hi. Finally received the new PPR mail with the newborn added. After a long wait of 3 months, i have finally submitted the passports for COPR.

Regards
Ak

Tripti1

May 20, 2019
Hi. Finally received the new PPR mail with the newborn added. After a long wait of 3 months, i have finally submitted the passports for COPR.

Regards
Ak
Hi Akash,

First of all congratulations for the PPR.Can you please let me know what process did you follow to get one ? As i have a newborn too(born in India).

Thanks
Tripti

Akash_16

May 7, 2018
Hi Akash,

First of all congratulations for the PPR.Can you please let me know what process did you follow to get one ? As i have a newborn too(born in India).

Thanks
Tripti
Hi, in my case I had received my ppr and copr in June before my baby was born. After the baby was born in July, I informed CIC on this through a webform.
After 20 days, they sent me a email asking for baby documents( birth certificate, passport, medicals) which we submitted. Post this, they will take their sweet time to process and send you a new ppr email and cancel old ppr/copr.