+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to bring a newborn child of a PR resident to Canada

tsaleh

Jan 24, 2019
Thank you both Scylla and EstherBarros.

So this leads to my next question.

Once I arrive in Canada and initiate the sponsorship process, can I simultaneously apply for the baby’s TRV/TRP so he/she can stay in Canada while the sponsorship application runs its course?

Moreover, once the sponsorship application is approved, does the baby have to leave Canada to our home country for a visa run or his status can be switched while staying in Canada?

Thank you kindly

SMFAHAD

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
Nomination.....
24-11-2014 Alhamdulillah
Hey guys

Need your help please.

My child was born in his home country 2 months back.

My family has to move to Canada to satisfy residency obligations. I applied for his (2 months old child) TRV which was rejected.

I now want to apply for TRP. Can someone tell me how to apply. In the TRP section there is a link for TRV and not TRP.

I am presently in Canada, however my wife can't move to Canada because of the new born but she will have to in April to satisfy RO.

Please assist.

Thanks

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
It's understandable that you are concerned. But, there's no urgency at all.

Your baby is due to be born in August. And, you cannot apply for a TRV for her/him until s/he gets a passport first. So, there's at least 6-7 months to go
Hi Bryanna,

Firstly thanks for your reply. I know there is some time left but I am concerned because If my wife would be fine (lets say till Apr 2019) then I might can move early. but I need to know it in advance so that I can take this accordingly.
So I am actually confused between TRV and TRP process as well. If you can help on the same..!!

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
can someone tell why my posts is deleted. Its already removed from other 2 places but now why it got deleted from this one as well. Now its not there in any place.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

Firstly thanks for your reply. I know there is some time left but I am concerned because If my wife would be fine (lets say till Apr 2019) then I might can move early. but I need to know it in advance so that I can take this accordingly.
So I am actually confused between TRV and TRP process as well. If you can help on the same..!!
If your wife's doctor allows her to travel long haul flight(s) then this issue of a TRV/ TRP/ Family Class sponsorship for the baby does not arise.

You have three options:
1. Your wife moves back before the baby is born = No TRV, no TRP, baby gets Canadian citizenship

2. Your baby is born in India. You move back without your wife and baby. You apply to sponsor your baby under Family Class

3. Your baby is born in India. You move back without your wife and baby. You apply to sponsor your baby under Family Class and/or you apply for a TRV for the baby. If the baby's TRV is approved, no problem. If the TRV is refused then apply for a TRP

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
If your wife's doctor allows her to travel long haul flight(s) then this issue of a TRV/ TRP/ Family Class sponsorship for the baby does not arise.

You have three options:
1. Your wife moves back before the baby is born = No TRV, no TRP, baby gets Canadian citizenship

2. Your baby is born in India. You move back without your wife and baby. You apply to sponsor your baby under Family Class

3. Your baby is born in India. You move back without your wife and baby. You apply to sponsor your baby under Family Class and/or you apply for a TRV for the baby. If the baby's TRV is approved, no problem. If the TRV is refused then apply for a TRP
Thanks alot. TRP is same as Immigration visa.

MahwishYaser

Jan 23, 2016
They applied for Visitor's Visa for their daughter and along with other documents, they provided a letter of explanation explaining that they have the Permanent Residence, and their daughter needs to travel with them as she is only an infant (exact age) and she is completely dependent on them anf d that you will be applying for her Permanent Residence upon your arrival in Canada.

Hope this helps.
Hi there, i got the visa for my baby. Can you plz guide

Oma D

May 31, 2019
Please advise on what to do, my husband is the principal applicant living in Canada and I'm in Nigeria, we recently got the PPR request and have sent our passports, I am currently pregnant and approaching my delivery, we haven't received back our passports yet but hope to land as soon as we get it back, if I give birth back here does it render my PR invalid? What can be done please
Or you could just look up the application on the IRCC website

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Please advise on what to do, my husband is the principal applicant living in Canada and I'm in Nigeria, we recently got the PPR request and have sent our passports, I am currently pregnant and approaching my delivery, we haven't received back our passports yet but hope to land as soon as we get it back, if I give birth back here does it render my PR invalid? What can be done please
1. If you give birth before your husband lands, he must add the child to the PR app. This would add several more months to the process.

2. If you give birth after your husband lands but before you land, the child can no longer be added to the app and you cannot land. Your husband would have to sponsor both of you. He would be required to live in Canada throughout the sponsorship process and there is little chance that you and the child would be granted TRVs, so expect to be separated for up to a year.

3. If you land and give birth in Canada, the child is a Canadian citizen.

Option 3 is obviously the best. However, if you must give birth in Nigeria, option 1 is the next best, as it minimizes separation.

Oma D

May 31, 2019
1. If you give birth before your husband lands, he must add the child to the PR app. This would add several more months to the process.

2. If you give birth after your husband lands but before you land, the child can no longer be added to the app and you cannot land. Your husband would have to sponsor both of you. He would be required to live in Canada throughout the sponsorship process and there is little chance that you and the child would be granted TRVs, so expect to be separated for up to a year.

3. If you land and give birth in Canada, the child is a Canadian citizen.

Option 3 is obviously the best. However, if you must give birth in Nigeria, option 1 is the next best, as it minimizes separation.
Thanks so much for your prompt response, hopefully I get back the passports in time and land before I give birth

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks so much for your prompt response, hopefully I get back the passports in time and land before I give birth
You should be aware that many provinces have an up to a 3 month wait to qualify for healthcare coverage. You'd be responsible for any healthcare expenses until then.

Oma D

May 31, 2019
My husband lives in Saskatchewan, the most important thing though is getting back passports on time to land and leave the hassles of a fresh application.
You should be aware that many provinces have an up to a 3 month wait to qualify for healthcare coverage. You'd be responsible for any healthcare expenses until then.