+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How should we inform CIC about Marital Status change after getting PR?

yusufjh

Jul 10, 2017
Hello,

With regards to the medicals of the spouse it is mentioned in the letter from IRCC as below:

"Your spouse or CLP and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion."

Does it mean that we have wait for the spouse medicals until we get intimation from the CIC or we have to do the medicals upfront.

Also, for now, only two upload fields are available, one is kit, application form and other is relationship proof. I am bit confused, as to what needs to be uploaded in which tab? Also what about the PCC, passport copy, birth certificate, photo of the spouse? Is that to be provided later?

Can someone please help. Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

With regards to the medicals of the spouse it is mentioned in the letter from IRCC as below:

"Your spouse or CLP and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion."

Does it mean that we have wait for the spouse medicals until we get intimation from the CIC or we have to do the medicals upfront.

Also, for now, only two upload fields are available, one is kit, application form and other is relationship proof. I am bit confused, as to what needs to be uploaded in which tab? Also what about the PCC, passport copy, birth certificate, photo of the spouse? Is that to be provided later?

Can someone please help. Many thanks in advance.
1. You can wait for the instructions on spouse medicals or else you can do upfront.
2. Make sure you have those specific documents in particular upload slots and then merge other documents like PCC, Passport, Birth Cert, Photos to them. Like all application forms in upload slot 1. Merge all other forms and Relationship proof in 2nd upload slot.

I received only 1 upload slot. I merged all the documents and submitted. After couple of weeks, received request for spouse medicals.

rainmaker86

Oct 12, 2017
Hi
Hi guys,
I got my PR in early November. Everything is done except the landing formalities. I had asked earlier when might be the best time to get married and was advised it was before landing there. I got married a couple of weeks ago. I have informed CIC using the CSE route using this link:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I have not received any response even though there have been 10 working days since then. Is there any other ways/means of informing CIC about my change in marital status?

If anybody knows, how long is the entire process supposed to take until my partner gets PR too? Her E-Medical is already done as she had also got an ITA, and I uploaded that as well.

Hi,

I got married after eAPR and before COPR.

I have decided to inform CIC about the change in personal situation instead of submitting my passport to VFS Global.

Which category do I need to select in IRCC Webform to inform them about my marriage.

Regards
Tarun

CANPRI

Apr 17, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
@Asivad Anac - Please need your guidance here. My bf and I both have COPRs. How do we inform CIC??
Is it advisable to land as single and get married in Canada itself? (Doing a soft landing and coming back to home country for marriage is not feasible for us)

Please help!

Freestyler

Aug 17, 2015
Just to let everyone know, I informed the authorities using the link shared earlier and then reached out to them on email as well. My wife's file had also been with them for a while, and when I get a response, they said everything was almost done so they would just insert a note in our files about the marriage. We have faced no issues at all as yet.

Reactions: CANPRI

shots

Nov 27, 2017
Hi everybody ,

My husband got reply from Ottawa for passport but mine is still pending .He updated his martial status in month of July along with all supporting documents after we didn't hear anything from cic .On 23 Rd Dec they asked only for my husband passport
When we contacted Ottawa about my concern they replied your case is with Delhi office .We contacted Delhi as well but there is no response .We are in full confusion what to do how long it will take ,can my husband fly or he has to wait for my Visa incase he waits his pcc n medical will lapse in April .Can anybody help us.Thanks .

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
Hi everybody ,

My husband got reply from Ottawa for passport but mine is still pending .He updated his martial status in month of July along with all supporting documents after we didn't hear anything from cic .On 23 Rd Dec they asked only for my husband passport
When we contacted Ottawa about my concern they replied your case is with Delhi office .We contacted Delhi as well but there is no response .We are in full confusion what to do how long it will take ,can my husband fly or he has to wait for my Visa incase he waits his pcc n medical will lapse in April .Can anybody help us.Thanks .
Are you sure they are not asking for both of your passports?
He can't get PPR himself only if he already added you as spouse to the application. Passport request should come for both of you at the same time.

shots

Nov 27, 2017
Are you sure they are not asking for both of your passports?
He can't get PPR himself only if he already added you as spouse to the application. Passport request should come for both of you at the same time.
Yes he have received mail from Ottawa and when we contacted to them about my concern they said they have updated from their end further formali

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
Yes he have received mail from Ottawa and when we contacted to them about my concern they said they have updated from their end further formali
What kind of email did you receive?

shots

Nov 27, 2017
What kind of email did you receive?
Saying that we have uploaded ur documents and further u ll hear from Delhi office as ur application is being processed there .They have not asked for other documents such as my pcc n medical .

yusufjh

Jul 10, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have a real problem at hand. I submitted my Passport and COPR to the VFS Paris office on 14th Dec 2017 and was sent to the Canadian Embassy in Paris on 15th Dec 2017. Ever since the status of my passport has not changed.

I have followed up with the VFS office a multiple times, they say its at the canadian visa office, Paris and have no clue when the passport be returned.

I am really worried. I need my passport back as I have to travel back to India in a week. Any help on the situation would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
Hi Guys,

I have a real problem at hand. I submitted my Passport and COPR to the VFS Paris office on 14th Dec 2017 and was sent to the Canadian Embassy in Paris on 15th Dec 2017. Ever since the status of my passport has not changed.

I have followed up with the VFS office a multiple times, they say its at the canadian visa office, Paris and have no clue when the passport be returned.

I am really worried. I need my passport back as I have to travel back to India in a week. Any help on the situation would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
Raise a CSE. Also reply to the PPR email from the visa office. Put your express entry number and write URGENT in the subject line.