+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How should we inform CIC about Marital Status change after getting PR?

saurabhdevgun

Apr 27, 2017
Hi Friends,

Need your advice on what to do next. After getting PNP nomination, I submitted by PR application on 12th Oct 2017. On 23rd Nov 2017, I got married and since then I am filling out web-forms to update authorities regarding status changed. I received a reply from Ottawa office that my file is in New Delhi Visa office and from mid-December onwards I am filling New Delhi Embassy web-forms. I haven't received a single reply from Delhi Office. Can you guys suggest me what should I do next? My application is NA2 phase. Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks in Advance
Saurabh Sharma

yusufjh

Jul 10, 2017
Hi Friends,

Need your advice on what to do next. After getting PNP nomination, I submitted by PR application on 12th Oct 2017. On 23rd Nov 2017, I got married and since then I am filling out web-forms to update authorities regarding status changed. I received a reply from Ottawa office that my file is in New Delhi Visa office and from mid-December onwards I am filling New Delhi Embassy web-forms. I haven't received a single reply from Delhi Office. Can you guys suggest me what should I do next? My application is NA2 phase. Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks in Advance
Saurabh Sharma
Dear,

You need to tell us which stage are you in your PR application? Have you got the PPR and then got married or is it before that?
Try sending an email to the below email ID explaining your situation.
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Mar 24, 2018
Hi everyone,
Please advice..
I am from alberta, my PR file is in progress. i recently got married and my spouse is in BC. Her application is in process as well. She did her medical and i recently got the medical request as well.

1.We are confused about how to update the status to cic? can someone help us with this.. Please..
2.If i send an email to ottawa will that help at all?
3.we tried sending email via IRCC webform but i did not get a helpful answer..

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018
I think we don't have to sponsor each other since we both have a active PR file.
What's the best method to let CIC know about the status change?

danielcoelho

Sep 25, 2017
I think we don't have to sponsor each other since we both have a active PR file.
What's the best method to let CIC know about the status change?
Hi Jacob,

I think sending an email to them is always the best way..They might ask you who will be the primary applicant since your applications would now be assessed as one..I read about a case like this on this group so just telling you the best i know...Send an email and you should know by their reply.Cheers and all the best:)

Mar 24, 2018
Hi Jacob,

I think sending an email to them is always the best way..They might ask you who will be the primary applicant since your applications would now be assessed as one..I read about a case like this on this group so just telling you the best i know...Send an email and you should know by their reply.Cheers and all the best:)
We haven’t received our pr yet, it is in process. We have just reached till the process of medical.

And Our file is in nove Scotia. Is there an email address that i can send this info??

danielcoelho

Sep 25, 2017
We haven’t received our pr yet, it is in process. We have just reached till the process of medical.

And Our file is in nove Scotia. Is there an email address that i can send this info??
How do you know your file is in Nova Scotia?...I had a similar problem when i wanted to inform them about my marriage but couldn't find the right email address.So i just sent an email to the same address that i received the PR email from..But in your case, i'm sorry i really don't know mate.Maybe a google search perhaps??
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca is the one for Ottawa, Yours could be on similar lines.Hope you find it.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018

Email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca or raise CSE that you will be adding your spouse. I contacted CPC-Ottawa and was informed that my file was already in SGVO and I should contact the local VO. The next day after Ottawa’s email, I got an email from SGVO with the document list to add my spouse.

AtImechE

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca or raise CSE that you will be adding your spouse. I contacted CPC-Ottawa and was informed that my file was already in SGVO and I should contact the local VO. The next day after Ottawa’s email, I got an email from SGVO with the document list to add my spouse.
Hi there. I have already received my CoPR and got married recently. I informed CIC about it and they updated my cic account with a new document upload pocket named "kit documents" and sent a message with a list of docs to upload. Now I just need some guidance on how to arrange all the docs and what shall I include as the list is quite vague about a few things.

arj1partha

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
AOR Received.
13-10-2017
Med's Request
22-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Hi there. I have already received my CoPR and got married recently. I informed CIC about it and they updated my cic account with a new document upload pocket named "kit documents" and sent a message with a list of docs to upload. Now I just need some guidance on how to arrange all the docs and what shall I include as the list is quite vague about a few things.
Hi AtlmechE,
Could you list out all requested documents? What was your exact application status when you got married? how does your timeline looks like?

Thanks,
Arjun

arj1partha

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
AOR Received.
13-10-2017
Med's Request
22-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Hi Everyone,

I applied for PR via PNP in Sep 2017. Medicals was done in March 2018 and my application status got changed stating that I passed the medicals. Now I'm still waiting on my PPR. I'll be getting married in December 2018. I'm currently under PGWP which expires in May 2020.
My question is, what will be my situation if I get married before getting PPR or COPR? what would my steps look like regarding my PR application? And what would be my options to get my future wife to Canada?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Arjun

ankitban.27

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
@Freestyler - I am in kinda similar boat as you were. I have an approved PPR and I ll receive my passport with COPR in another 2 weeks. My fiance submitted her EE application 2 weeks back and has an AOR. We are getting married in January. What should I be doing in this case? I have an option to land in Canada before we get married. And update CIC as soon as we get married for my fiance's application. Do you have any thoughts?
Hi Karthik & FreeStyler - I am also in bit same situation.

I am a PR residing in Canada since April 2018. I got married on 21st September 2018 and my spouse has submitted her individual express entry profile on 7th September before marriage. We have registered our marriage in India on 4th October 2018.I have 2 questions :-
1) How should she inform to the CIC about the change in marital status - either through CSE web form or email?
2) What are the documents she would be requiring to submit?

Does informing CIC would delay her application processing time?
Please suggest guys.

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Hi Gowtham,

I have copied below exactly what i received in my CIC account message -

Forms:-

1. Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
2. Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
3. A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background Declaration IMM 5669
4. Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562E for your spouse or CLP

The wordings make it difficult to point to exactly what they require and probably you have gone through this dilemma as well.
But it is clear now. Many thanks for your help and all the best :)

Daniel
Hi Daniel,
Did you followed gowthamp advice regarding the forms .i.e.

IMM 0008 - You (Principal applicant) - Filled by yourself only.

IMM 5406 - Two Forms- - -

IMM 5669 - Only by spouse

IMM 5562E - Filled by you (Principal applicant) - Add spouse details.

Did everything go well. I am also confused with this. And got the same request from IRCC.

royzamora13

May 20, 2019
Hello all

Hope someone can help me with a concern regarding on how to apply to Express Entry (marital status)

Currently i am about to create my profile to EE in CIC website (I have ready my ECA and IELTS). My marital status as of right now is single, but planning to get married in the near future and I just knew that my girl is pregnant (2 months). My girl doesnt not have ECA and IELTS ready, we are going to work on that in the following months.

My concern is that, should I apply single as i am right now and when the time comes, update my marital status. I know i am just at the very beginning of the process but i am not sure how to submit my profile, should i apply single or wait until getting married and getting ECA and IELTS for her? * I feel that it would be a lot of time wasted waiting...

Will i have problems updating marital status before getting the ITA or is it better to update marital status once i get further in the process in example when getting ITA and beyond?

Or the other scenario is going to Canada by myself at the beginning and once there ask for my family?

Maybe i am going too much forward, sorry for that but i want to do the best from the beginning.

Thanks for the support in advance.