+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How should we inform CIC about Marital Status change after getting PR?

Jun 21, 2016
Hello Guys.
I have a question. I have applied for EE and received PP request. But I email them stating that my marital status has been changed. They asked me to fill out few forms, certificates and submit it, well I did it. It is almost 50 days I have submitted the documents and have heard nothing from them.

Could anyone tell me how much time it takes to get the PR for both?

thx

angelynn_00

Sep 8, 2016
Khaleel Mohammed said:
Hello Guys.
I have a question. I have applied for EE and received PP request. But I email them stating that my marital status has been changed. They asked me to fill out few forms, certificates and submit it, well I did it. It is almost 50 days I have submitted the documents and have heard nothing from them.

Could anyone tell me how much time it takes to get the PR for both?

thx
Hi,

I am in a similar situation. Could you let me know what happened to your application? Did you and your wife get the PR?

ashishapar007

Jul 25, 2015
Freestyler said:
Some update on what's been going on.

After notifying through CSE, I got no response for an entire month. Finally, last week I sent a mail to cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca and then I copy pasted the same mail to delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Remarkably, everything moved all at once within 24 hours or so

1. My spouse, who also has got an ITA and had applied individually under Federal Skilled Worked, has an application which had not moved forward since October. She got a mail saying her Application was updated. I checked and her application has moved to Background Check in progress.
2. CPC Ottawa replied outlining an 8 step process (Payment of Fees, Forms, Documents, PCC, Medical etc.) and gave us a 7 day deadline to get everything done and a decision would be made accordingly, and their mail mentions that my application can be rejected too.
3. Delhi Immigration replied too and as per them, both me and my spouse were meeting the standards individually and they advised us not to reopen our files. They said they had inserted a note into our files about our Marital Status changing and I could proceed with landing formalities and show the landing officer the mail they had sent.

As can be seen, the response from Delhi Immigration is very positive and the easiest way for us. However, my spouse has not been given a visa yet which I pointed out to them and also told them about the response we had received from CPC Ottawa which confused the issue.
CPC Ottawa seemingly did not consider the fact that I had pointed out that my spouse has also applied for PR individually, submitted documents, paid fees and everything. I sent them a mail for clarification but haven't had a response yet although they have had only 2 working days to respond.

I am now in a conundrum. Should we pay the fees (Processing+RPRF) a second time for my spouse? I have got all the documents and forms ready, but I am still waiting from a response from either of the id's for the clarification mails I sent.

I also don't know if there is any difference or benefits in getting PR for my spouse individually as a Federal Skilled Worker or is the Spouse visa just as good. Anybody want to shed light on this? Also, if we pay the fees again, would her application now start again as a Spouse PR application and will it take longer? I ask this because her individual application finally seems near completion. How long does it take for Background Check anyway? It would be great if someone could shed light on this.

They gave you only 7 days to submit PCC and all other documents and forms? If yes, how did you manage PCC and medicals in those seven days or did you do upfront?

I am going to be in similar situation.

alxms10

Dec 16, 2016
London-UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London-UK, then Paris-France, then Cairo-Egypt
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2016
Doc's Request.
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
05/05/2017, then 05/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
22/06/2017
LANDED..........
07/08/2017
If you get married after COPR and land in Canada, is family sponsorship the only way to bring your wife to Canada? Is this where the processing time is about 12 months?

MattyBro

Apr 14, 2016
I thought they'd open up my profile which they did, but only for 1 month. I'm thinking of replying them.

Please advise,

thanks,
@ei8hteen, Buddy, Can you please update your current status as I am kind of in a similar situation. Did CIC gave you time till Apr so that you can submit marriage certificates and all after getting actually married ?

Any more hurdles did you faced?

Your help is much appreciated, Thanks in anticipation :)

Shrey_Can

Mar 14, 2016
Dear All,

I'm facing a delay in my application process. Would appreciate if anyone can advise on my case

Visa office - New Delhi
ITA received - oct 2016
AOR - Dec 2016
Passport request - May 2017
Got married in May 2017
Informed cic about the marriage
CIC requested for marriage photos and certain forms along with PR and RPRF fees ($1040)
Submitted all the above on 1st July 2017 and still awaiting further response.
Kindly advise

Aroonabi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Dear All,

I'm facing a delay in my application process. Would appreciate if anyone can advise on my case

Visa office - New Delhi
ITA received - oct 2016
AOR - Dec 2016
Passport request - May 2017
Got married in May 2017
Informed cic about the marriage
CIC requested for marriage photos and certain forms along with PR and RPRF fees ($1040)
Submitted all the above on 1st July 2017 and still awaiting further response.
Kindly advise
Finally someone who has similar timeline as mine. Even i submitted docs for my spouse in july. Havent received any updates except my husband has already passed medical. I emailed my VO. They said they are reviewing the docs.
Has your spouse been included in the cic account or passed medical or u still waiting for those too?

Shrey_Can

Mar 14, 2016
Finally someone who has similar timeline as mine. Even i submitted docs for my spouse in july. Havent received any updates except my husband has already passed medical. I emailed my VO. They said they are reviewing the docs.
Has your spouse been included in the cic account or passed medical or u still waiting for those too?
Hi,

CIC has not yet asked me to submit my spouse medicals. They just requested some forms to be filled up along with marriage related documents. Not sure why is it taking so long and w

Shrey_Can

Mar 14, 2016
Hi,

CIC has not yet asked me to submit my spouse medicals. They just requested some forms to be filled up along with marriage related documents. Not sure why is it taking so long and w
My wife has been included in the cic account and new uci has been generated for her.

Aroonabi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Hi,

They did not ask me for medical either but u sent it anyway because eventually they are gonna ask for it.

Shrey_Can

Mar 14, 2016
They did not ask me for medical either but u sent it anyway because eventually they are gonna ask for it.
Ok.. any idea on the average timeline that they take to revert? I got to know from the forum and couple of others who resemble our case that they take 6-8 weeks... but now it's already 10 weeks

Aroonabi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Ok.. any idea on the average timeline that they take to revert? I got to know from the forum and couple of others who resemble our case that they take 6-8 weeks... but now it's already 10 weeks
Exactly...most of the people here got ppr within that time period. I hooe we get it soon. Please update if you get any news.

danielcoelho

Sep 25, 2017
Hi Guys,

My name is Daniel and i received PR on my passport on 12/09/2017. I am getting married on 04/11/2017.I am aware that i have to inform CIC about the change in marital status but i am unsure how to inform and whom to inform specifically?..I just want to be prepared..If anyone can share their experience we would be most grateful..Fyi, my fiancee has a 5 year Multiple entry tourist visa to Canada which she received last year in Dec 2016 before her trip to Canada.

Thanks in Advance

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
Hi,

Here’s what happened,

I got PPR request! I then send an email to CPC-OTTAWA and explained them my situation (…that, I am going to get married end of April) and asked them if I need to submit my passport now for stamping. I waited for replay for 1 week, couldn’t wait and send my passport on 16th (reached 17th) with a similar letter enclosed in the envelope. I get an update on myCIC and it says. You don’t have to submit the passport. They asked me to upload all the required documents in 30 days . That’s March 18 (I cannot do that… I clearly told them that I’m getting married end of April). I got my passport back yesterday without stamping….

I guess getting back a passport w/o stamp is a good sign at least in my case. What do you think?
Shall I reply back to CPC-OTTAWA that I cannot meet the deadline as I am getting married end of April?

Please advise,

Thanks,
You did everything prematurely! It's never recommended to inform such things before they have actually happened!