+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

matcha6

Aug 31, 2022
Any idea how long the IRCC in Paris take for visa stamping?

This is for a TRV (visitor) visa. I have sent my passport for stamping after having received a passport request letter.
Hi. I also sent my passport at the Paris VO for stamping (visitor visa) on august 27th. It just arrived at the IRCC office this morning. How about you?
I know someone who got their passport back in a week.. I hope it will be the same for us.

Sep 2, 2022
Hey y’all !
I am from India
And I’ve submitted my passport for stamping on 29th june
And today is 24th august and no update till now
I contacted high commission of canada in new delhi
And they simply told me to co-operate
But I have no patience left in me
What should I do ?
Hey agam, did you receive any update after that? I have a similar case the passport is stuck at ircc office

Eagerbeaver84

Aug 26, 2022
Hi everyone! I sent off a copy of my passport and some new hard copy photos as requested by the IRCC, I was expecting to have to send off my actual passport but wasn’t necessary apparently.

has anyone else done this recently? What happens next? How long will that take? Will they send something back or will I get just a COPR through my portal?

Thank you

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi everyone! I sent off a copy of my passport and some new hard copy photos as requested by the IRCC, I was expecting to have to send off my actual passport but wasn’t necessary apparently.

has anyone else done this recently? What happens next? How long will that take? Will they send something back or will I get just a COPR through my portal?

Thank you
If you do not require a visa, COPR will be sent back along with your passport. If you do require one, a single entry visa is affixed to the passport.

Eagerbeaver84

Aug 26, 2022
If you do not require a visa, COPR will be sent back along with your passport. If you do require one, a single entry visa is affixed to the passport.
thank you for your reply. i don’t need a visa, I was asked to send a photocopy Of my passport not the actual one. They can’t send my Passport back if they don’t have it

worldtraveller888

Jul 22, 2022

Thank you
Be prepared to wait for a long time... I've been waiting for 10 weeks now.....

Mclovin001

Oct 18, 2022
Hi, is there anyone here who recently submitted their passport for stamping in london? How long did it take to receive the passport and let me know your timelines?

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Hi, is there anyone here who recently submitted their passport for stamping in london? How long did it take to receive the passport and let me know your timelines?
There's a separate thread about it. It seems like it takes around 7-8 weeks to get your passport stamped in London but some people have been waiting for around 10 weeks so far and they still didn't get their passports back.

playlikednb

Jun 29, 2021
Hey, I submitted my passport for stamping in Mexico a few days ago. It's being processed by IRCC atm and I received an email from them. They wrote:

In order to continue with the processing of your application, you must confirm the current country of residence of the principal applicant.

I sent multiple web form inquiries asking to change my address during my application process, but afaik they changed only a mailing address, and my country of residence remained as it was when I applied. So I responded with my correct COR and copy of the temporary residence card and also told them about those web forms, but I'm really anxious right now.

Could it affect the decision or my application somehow? What do you think? Has anybody received similar requests?