+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

Sansglee

Star Member
May 17, 2013
elghoids0012 said:
I do have all the receipts with me. I'm waiting as to where my mail is heading now. They can't really tell me where it's going now. As of the latest tracking, my mail is still in transit and has reached a postal facility in Ottawa. I don't know what's gonna happen to it next but I'm hoping they would send it back to where it should go. I'm really frustrated and I don't think, after paying the expressmail fee, that I deserve this kind of service.
i would advise you to call Canada post and ask about it. take the copy of the receipt with you and check with Canada post.

Inpursuit

Nov 1, 2013
Hi

I have send my passports on Oct 9 and was received by CPP on oct 10
Still wAiting ...... What is this tracker people are talking about
Here....is it post office tracker?

QAZ123

Nov 24, 2012
I sent my passport on 10 oct and was received by CPP on oct 11. Still waiting.... maybe my return evelope tracking number will activate tonight. I am optimist to this case :)

Inpursuit said:
Hi

I have send my passports on Oct 9 and was received by CPP on oct 10
Still wAiting ...... What is this tracker people are talking about
Here....is it post office tracker?

chie042012

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Me too I am still waiting

They received my passport on October 18, today is the 3rd that they have it. Hopefully my tracker will be updated today or tonight.
Hopefully, we received our passports next week.

QAZ123

Nov 24, 2012
Yes! hopefully :) we have to be a little more patient. I am sure we will have it next week :)

chie042012 said:
Me too I am still waiting

They received my passport on October 18, today is the 3rd that they have it. Hopefully my tracker will be updated today or tonight.
Hopefully, we received our passports next week.

duiusa

Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2012 (Federal)
Nomination.....
Dec, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have submitted my Passport to CPP-Ottawa by Fedex from US and included Fedex return envelope. I am from US,so I didn't get Canada Post Xpress envelope.
My question is that will they use my Fedex return envelope or send by regular mail? Another question anyone had ever used Fedex for return?

Thanks

chie042012

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
duiusa said:
Hello everyone,

I have submitted my Passport to CPP-Ottawa by Fedex from US and included Fedex return envelope. I am from US,so I didn't get Canada Post Xpress envelope.
My question is that will they use my Fedex return envelope or send by regular mail? Another question anyone had ever used Fedex for return?

Thanks
Hi there,

This was part of their email to me when they sent me the passport request.

We will not use registered mail or postage coupons. If you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or if you provide an envelope from any other courier, we will return your passport by regular mail.

Ciao

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2011 (Application for Nomination) /Federal Part 24-05-2012
Nomination.....
07-12-2011
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
17-07-2012 / 03-06-2013(request for redo)
Med's Done....
24-08-2012 / 21-06-2013(redo)
Interview........
eCas in Process 29-05-2013
Passport Req..
October 1, 2013 / DM (eCas) - September 29, 2013 (AWESOME birthday present:P )
LANDED..........
Claimed in JESUS' Name, AMEN!
samlap said:
Finally, I received back my passport today.
Congrats!

When was your passport received by Ottawa? Are you an inland applicant? From where? TIA! :)

Chinook

Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPPO (Ottawa)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th May 13
Doc's Request.
Updated POF requested with MR and RPRF
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send AOR
Med's Request
6th Sep 13
Med's Done....
23rd Sep 13
Passport Req..
11th Oct 13
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamping on 17th Oct / Received back passport on 2nd Nov 2013
LANDED..........
29th Aug 2014 (Beaver Creek YT)
elghoids0012 said:
Ok now I have a situation, I hope anyone here has got the same experience as I do. I sent my passport to ottawa october 18 and just last November 1st, my return envelope was activated. I expected to get my documents anytime this week but just when I tried to track it again this morning, my mail seemed to be going back to ottawa. I called canadapost but they couldn't give me any reason why and advised me to call cpp-ottawa and tell them my passport's being mailed back to their office. I don't wanna call them yet at this time because my mail is still somewhere in a postal facility in ottawa. There's no indication that there's a problem in mailing it as the tracking doesn't say so.

I don't know what to do. I don't think it's got to do with wrong address because I'm pretty sure I filled out my return envelope correctly. Any advice what to do? I am thinking to wait til Ottawa gets my mail back and that's when I call.

Please. help.
Apart from hand writing my address on the prepaid "Xpresspost/USA" envelope correctly at the "TO" column,, I wrote my address at the back of the envelope as well in block letters, to be on the safe side. I found the address sticker provided by Canadapost was fairly small.

However when I received my passport back, I observed CPPO had pasted my address sticker generated and printed in their system, over my hand written address.

Hence I would conclude, it is not your mistake and hope Canada Post sends back you the package without any more delay.

Sansglee

Star Member
May 17, 2013
Hey, i sent my passport to Ottawa and received at Ottawa on oct 29 2013. but my tracker got activated at a Montreal postal facility.. i live in Alberta.. i don't know, if that's a glitch on the Canada post website... Anybody having the same issue ??? please help

elghoids0012

Mar 16, 2013
Chinook said:
Apart from hand writing my address on the prepaid "Xpresspost/USA" envelope correctly at the "TO" column,, I wrote my address at the back of the envelope as well in block letters, to be on the safe side. I found the address sticker provided by Canadapost was fairly small.

However when I received my passport back, I observed CPPO had pasted my address sticker generated and printed in their system, over my hand written address.

Hence I would conclude, it is not your mistake and hope Canada Post sends back you the package without any more delay.
Thanks for all the inputs about my case.. I really appreciate it. My mail is going back and forth Ottawa and Edmonton now.. As of today, it's stuck in a postal facility in Edmonton. I have been incessantly calling Canadapost and demanding for an explanation but they couldn't give me any reason. Now I have to be in agony for two more days until I get updates on where my mail is going. I'm hoping it won't get lost.

Hopefully no one gets to experience the same fate as I do. It's really hard knowing it's not in your control nor CPP-Ottawa's anymore.

elghoids0012

Mar 16, 2013
Sansglee said:
Hey, i sent my passport to Ottawa and received at Ottawa on oct 29 2013. but my tracker got activated at a Montreal postal facility.. i live in Alberta.. i don't know, if that's a glitch on the Canada post website... Anybody having the same issue ??? please help
I'm waiting for my passport to be mailed back to me as well. My tracking says the destination of my mail is Ottawa and not my town. I called Canada Post to inquire if there's something wrong with my mail but the customer service doesn't think so. Now my mail is going back and forth Ottawa and Edmonton. I would advise you to call them but I don't think they will have answers unless they start an investigation.

Best of luck.

Sansglee

Star Member
May 17, 2013
elghoids0012 said:
I'm waiting for my passport to be mailed back to me as well. My tracking says the destination of my mail is Ottawa and not my town. I called Canada Post to inquire if there's something wrong with my mail but the customer service doesn't think so. Now my mail is going back and forth Ottawa and Edmonton. I would advise you to call them but I don't think they will have answers unless they start an investigation.

Best of luck.
thanks for your reply, in your case it started from Ottawa right ?? but in my case, my tracker got activated at Montreal, it doesn't make sense because i sent to Ottawa and its received at Ottawa, now all of a sudden the tracker gets activated at Montreal. i called them, their office is closed for the long weekend. i have to wait until Tuesday. it really sucks.

elghoids0012

Mar 16, 2013
Sansglee said:
thanks for your reply, in your case it started from Ottawa right ?? but in my case, my tracker got activated at Montreal, it doesn't make sense because i sent to Ottawa and its received at Ottawa, now all of a sudden the tracker gets activated at Montreal. i called them, their office is closed for the long weekend. i have to wait until Tuesday. it really sucks.
Yup my tracker got activated in Ottawa November 1st. You may also wanna email cpp-o to verify with them if they have indeed sent your passport using the return envelope you sent just to be sure. And as I've told you, if you call them, they could come up with all the possible reasons as to why your mail was activated in Montreal but based on my observation, they don't really know anything unless they come up with an investigation. And make sure you watch where your mail is going.

Sansglee

Star Member
May 17, 2013
elghoids0012 said:
Yup my tracker got activated in Ottawa November 1st. You may also wanna email cpp-o to verify with them if they have indeed sent your passport using the return envelope you sent just to be sure. And as I've told you, if you call them, they could come up with all the possible reasons as to why your mail was activated in Montreal but based on my observation, they don't really know anything unless they come up with an investigation. And make sure you watch where your mail is going.
Thanks for your input on my issue... just wondering how do we ask Canada post to start an investigation or so ???