+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take CPP-O to stamp PR visas?

vikramviks95

Oct 3, 2012
Anyone with a similar timing receive the PP yet?

I am getting nervous as I have to travel out of country on 4th July..

Thanks for your feedback..

Ae

Oct 1, 2014
Hi there,

did you get your passports back, hope yes nd if yes could you please let me know how long did it take to get it back. I have a similar case,

Thanks

FSWDev

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Hi

I am 2014 FSW Applicant, my Passport delivered on 08-Sep-2014 to CPC-Ottawa. Its been 4 weeks, how long it will take? Your answer is much appreciated

mandie

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-01-2014
Med's Request
19-02-2014
Med's Done....
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
2014-10-20
vikramviks95 said:
I sent my passport to CPPO on 4th June for PR visa stamping.. When can i expect them back?

Any ideas?
Hi did u get ur PP back yet?

Ae

Oct 1, 2014
HI FSWDev,

I ALSO HAVE MY PASSPORTS DELVIERED ON THE SAME DAY SEP 08,2014. I AM GETTING PARANOID AND NERVUS, DONT WANNA CONTACT THE CPP OFFICE, THEY DONT LIKE TO BE CONTACTED. BUT HOPE WE GET OUR PASSPORTS BACK IN THE NEXT WEEK.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE YOUR CANADA POST TRACK NO. BEEN ACTIVATED.

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Hello FSWDev and Vikramviks95,

I sent our Passports to Ottawa last October 03 and were received last Monday, October 06.
I sent a prepaid Canada Post Express envelope with the PPs.

Please keep us posted if you got your PPs back.
Thanks a lot!

Ae

Oct 1, 2014
Hi There,

My passports were delivered to Ottawa on Sep 08 , I had my Canada xpresspost got activated this Monday October 06, and I have received my passports yesterday.
So depends on your luck I would expect it in the range of 4 weeks, and I would recommend that you refrain of contacting them, they don't like it, unless if it takes more than 6 weeks.

Dash_ri

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Ae said:
Hi There,

My passports were delivered to Ottawa on Sep 08 , I had my Canada xpresspost got activated this Monday October 06, and I have received my passports yesterday.
So depends on your luck I would expect it in the range of 4 weeks, and I would recommend that you refrain of contacting them, they don't like it, unless if it takes more than 6 weeks.
Thanks for suggestion, but is there any kind of bad exp. having sent email to CPC_Ottawa for Passport return inquiry? I am asking as it has been already 15 working days for me after they received my passport as well as other people who submitted passport after me got their passport back. Thus, I emailed them yesterday , I hope that will not cuse any negative effect.

Thanks,
Darsh

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Dear All,
I have sent my passport to CPC-Ottawa on Sept 29 and they received it on Sept 30. I have used UPS (a BIG MISTAKE I believe). Till now I did not receive my passport back and even the return envelope is not activated yet.

I am not sure if the below two lines which are the last two lines in their "passport request email" means any thing or someone can clarify them for me.

"We will not use registered mail or postage coupons. If you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or if you provide an envelope from any other courier, we will return your passport by regular mail."

Does that mean they will send me my passport using the regular mail?As I have used UPS.

BTW, I reside inside Canada.
Thanks

octadag

Oct 20, 2014
ubc2010 said:
Dear All,
I have sent my passport to CPC-Ottawa on Sept 29 and they received it on Sept 30. I have used UPS (a BIG MISTAKE I believe). Till now I did not receive my passport back and even the return envelope is not activated yet.

I am not sure if the below two lines which are the last two lines in their "passport request email" means any thing or someone can clarify them for me.

"We will not use registered mail or postage coupons. If you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or if you provide an envelope from any other courier, we will return your passport by regular mail."

Does that mean they will send me my passport using the regular mail?As I have used UPS.

BTW, I reside inside Canada.
Thanks
If you send them by UPS, but included a prepaid Xpresspost , then CPP will send your passport back with the Xpresspost envelope that you provided.

If you send them by UPS, and included a UPS shipping label / UPS envolope , then they will ignore your UPS envelope and send it by regular/non-tracking mail.

Pretty straight forward instructions.

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hello every one.

I have a problem that I all appreciate to receive your guide, if having similar experience

I received my PPR earlier December and immediately after sent my PP (with a return pack and PPR letter) to CPC-Ottawa (PO box address) using xpresspost. Since almost 8 days ago, I received no update regarding delivery of my package, every time I check track history online. The track history shows "out for delivery" without further update.

Every time I call Canada post customer service, I receive inconclusive response like "......Your pack has been, in fact, delivered we as of PO box, we cannot provide you further update" or "We can do nothing about your pack, someone from CPC should come and pick up your pack".

Does any body have a similar case? Is there a chance the CPC does not receive the packs sent to its PO Box address? How long should I expect to receive confirmation of delivery (if any shows up)?

Cheers

gnarendrak

May 26, 2017
You will get it tomorrow, Jan 8
Hi, Currently I am based in Canada and I got my PPR mail on 16th May 2017. On the same day I sent a mail to CPP office in Ottawa to know the process about how to send the passports of my family in Hyd, India. Till now I got no reply. But I left with only 15 more days to submit my family passports. I have already sent my passport to Ottawa office and they received it on 24th May 2017. I am little worried about the time lines. Any suggestions please.