+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long can security check last?

MB from Ott

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Has anyone here been able to get CBSA notes (not GCMS) from outside of Canada ? Please let me know. Thanks.
I got mine yesterday, exactly 30 days since ordering. I live abroad but used my Canadian address (family). They sent a CD with the documents. The notes were the same as IRCC notes, a sentence here or there not redacted, but nothing I saw that was enlightening. Those notes also include scans of all the additional paperwork you've sent in. In total, my notes were around 165 pages. Ordered off https://atip-aiprp.tbs-sct.gc.ca/en/Home/Welcome and select CBSA notes.

am1978

Dec 12, 2012
Appreciate the info.
Thank you so much
I got mine yesterday, exactly 30 days since ordering. I live abroad but used my Canadian address (family). They sent a CD with the documents. The notes were the same as IRCC notes, a sentence here or there not redacted, but nothing I saw that was enlightening. Those notes also include scans of all the additional paperwork you've sent in. In total, my notes were around 165 pages. Ordered off https://atip-aiprp.tbs-sct.gc.ca/en/Home/Welcome and select CBSA notes.

anasalee

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Although the security status waa erased from notes, I found out somehow that my spouse security is passed in activity section. But couldnt find my status as it was compleyely erased. is it possible tat spouse security is passed and mine is not?
btw, my visa officer remarks are APPEARS RFV.

@caipsnotes

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Although the security status waa erased from notes, I found out somehow that my spouse security is passed in activity section. But couldnt find my status as it was compleyely erased. is it possible tat spouse security is passed and mine is not?
btw, my visa officer remarks are APPEARS RFV.

@caipsnotes
Hello. The screening of yourself and your spouse are done independently. If you see Activities under the Admissibility section and they are redacted then it's likely underway or even completed. "APPEARS RFV" is seen in Eligibility notes but if your security is underway then it would imply Eligibility Review is completed.

anasalee

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Hello. The screening of yourself and your spouse are done independently. If you see Activities under the Admissibility section and they are redacted then it's likely underway or even completed. "APPEARS RFV" is seen in Eligibility notes but if your security is underway then it would imply Eligibility Review is completed.
RFV note was under general label text, not under eligibility label.

both of our security status are redacted but it was not completely erased, thats why I figured it out that it was PASSED

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
RFV note was under general label text, not under eligibility label.

both of our security status are redacted but it was not completely erased, thats why I figured it out that it was PASSED
That's interesting that the redaction was incomplete; anyhow if it worked for you that's great. About RFV then it possible your application is all set then!

Reactions: anasalee

anasalee

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
NOC Code......
That's interesting that the redaction was incomplete; anyhow if it worked for you that's great. About RFV then it possible your application is all set then!
yes. thats what I was wondering. They possibly made a mistake to not completely erased the parts of P and D of passed LOL. but it was for the spouse. Mine status is completely redacted. I think RFV under general label us there aftee security is passed. hopefully mine is passed too.

Reactions: caipsnotes

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
yes. thats what I was wondering. They possibly made a mistake to not completely erased the parts of P and D of passed LOL. but it was for the spouse. Mine status is completely redacted. I think RFV under general label us there aftee security is passed. hopefully mine is passed too.
Quite likely yours is too. That sure is interesting that they left the P and D in place. If you have time at your hand you can write to them and inform of them of this oversight; it has no adverse effect on your application. You might get a letter explaining things and the corrective actions they may put in place.

Reactions: anasalee