Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
rhenanjay said:
another question, we had love letters before, pero inabot lang namin sa isa't isa, eh sabi dun sa guide letters with postmarked envelopes. eh wala naman kasi inabot lang namin sa isat isa. and they are not in english, so are they going to be translated? any suggestions
same situation with me, hand delivered letters, its fine. just explain the fact that they were hand delivered . and yes. any communication not in english will have to be translated.

rhenanjay

Jan 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pelipeli said:
same situation with me, hand delivered letters, its fine. just explain the fact that they were hand delivered . and yes. any communication not in english will have to be translated.
who are allowed to translate them po?

mobeyk

Oct 10, 2011
Picton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2012
Doc's Request.
additional docs 29-08-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 8 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 10 2012
I categorized our photos ( photo paper ) according to the time line of our relationship and used a rubber band and a envelope with description to bundle each pack of photos ( one pack per each event ). I did put the individual photo packs into a small carton with the oldest dated photo pack on top, so the VO can take pic packs out as he reads the timeline. I could not figure another way out to bundle the photos without using a photo album.
Another thing we did was to write a our relationship timelines separately and just comparing for any possible discrepancies. Just a tip: Be careful with translation and notarization of police certificates in China as they keep the original and give you only a copy in the notarized document. We requested an extra original Police certificate from the police. We went overkill and printed all emails and chat records out which are 500 pages double sided with 4 pages on each sheet. The writing is small but the same size as the immigration forms. I thought even to put a "magnifying sheet' in as I can imagine a VO will go nuts reading all this small printed forms, let alone the small printed documents. Good luck to everybody. Am just waiting for the Option C printout for 2011. Hope to have the pack done by April 1st.

gurleegurl

Star Member
Dec 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone please clarify what that "OPTION C" is?

Thanks

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
gurleegurl said:
Can someone please clarify what that "OPTION C" is?

Thanks
It's a print out of your most recent "notice of assessment" basically but in a different format. It just shows how much you made etc from the recent tax yr.

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
Pelipeli - I am anxiously awaiting your post with your acceptance news :) Anything yet?

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itscoezy said:
Pelipeli - I am anxiously awaiting your post with your acceptance news :) Anything yet?
She is on the critical processing time of CIC. It seems CIC once they saw an organized application they said that is it we will stop right there :) ...

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rhenanjay said:
who are allowed to translate them po?
I quote myself for what we did:

"9. Letters and emails – unofficial translations – this is still a gray area, but presumed ok to be translated unofficialy (by ourselves or family member) just explain this fact and indicate that if they deem it necessary to have official translations then u can provide later on. "

you may find these info on my first posts in this thread =)

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
itscoezy said:

:'( :'( :'( :'( unfortunately none yet, i called last friday and they said no record yet, so maybe they have not opened my application yet since they are still working on January 25 (as per website) and my app is received January 25. The call centre agent said to call again if they update the processing times to a later date than January 25.

:'( :'( :'( :'(

evanhindra

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
somewhere in the universe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pelipeli said:
:'( :'( :'( :'( unfortunately none yet, i called last friday and they said no record yet, so maybe they have not opened my application yet since they are still working on January 25 (as per website) and my app is received January 25. The call centre agent said to call again if they update the processing times to a later date than January 25.

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Sorry to hear about the lack of updates. I've been through that.

But I must say… that's a DAUNTING package you sent to the CIC! They might just be super impressed seeing the package you sent them and just approve your application without further investigation! Or so we hope! ;). That's seriously organized! I thought I was organized (being a technical designer, and I'm used to documenting everything) but man, I've been beaten!

Super mighty impressed. I wish I had known this information when my wife and I applied for our sponsorship!

Should be stickied!

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
evanhindra said:
Sorry to hear about the lack of updates. I've been through that.

But I must say... that's a DAUNTING package you sent to the CIC! They might just be super impressed seeing the package you sent them and just approve your application without further investigation! Or so we hope! ;). That's seriously organized! I thought I was organized (being a technical designer, and I'm used to documenting everything) but man, I've been beaten!

Super mighty impressed. I wish I had known this information when my wife and I applied for our sponsorship!

Should be stickied!

Yey thank you! your post made my day, made me feel better about the lack of update... =)Thanks so much!
And yes, if Ive impressed you guys, I hope they will be too, so I pray that they are opening my package any second now!!!! ;D

evanhindra

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
somewhere in the universe
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pelipeli said:
Yey thank you! your post made my day, made me feel better about the lack of update... =)Thanks so much!
And yes, if Ive impressed you guys, I hope they will be too, so I pray that they are opening my package any second now!!!! ;D
Based on my wild assumption; the main attribute that could cause an application to failed (returned/rejected/refused) is probably poor preparation. Secondly, the whole marriage by convenience/cultural issues thing. But I'm willing to bet that poor preparation would probably be the highest factor.

Judging by how well prepared and documented as a couple, you and your spouse must've been through together a lot! I'm certain that there's no ingenuity issue, as you have nothing to hide. You have no reason have fear for your application to be rejected.

I think you should just take it easy, since you've done a mighty impressive work (worth repeating every time!). Just a matter of waiting for the Visa Officer to get to your file (and it probably sticks out like a sore thumb; which is a GOOD thing in this case), and you'll be done in a jiffy!

Good luck!

rhenanjay

Jan 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys, has anyone here submitted their application without the option c printout? my wife (the sponsor) requested for it already but we couldn't wait for it anymore. we are so eager to submit our application this march but the option c printout is preventing her to send our application. someone else here with the same situation? please i need some pieces of advice.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
If you can get it, wait.

If you have not worked in Canada for several years AND have not filed tax returns with CRA, get whatever evidence from the country where you have worked.

Think about it, is it better to rush and send the application without one of the documents requested? Or is it better to wait a bit longer and then send it with everything?

Be patient, young Skywalker...

FS

apatel

Star Member
Nov 2, 2009
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2007
IELTS Request
10/11/2009
Med's Request
06/08/0211
Med's Done....
11/08/2011
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
21/09/2011
VISA ISSUED...
27/09/2011
LANDED..........
SOON!!!
As per the suggestions from experts on this forum, I would include a letter explaining the situation that :

As I recently landed in Canada and have not worked in Canada at all, so haven't filed any tax returns so far, so NO OPTION C PRINT OUT.

I would also attach a copy of my Tax return from UK (called P60), where I have worked until last year. I would also include a letter explaining this fact too.

I guess that would better rather than not submitting anything at all.

I hope this will help.