Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
evanhindra said:
Sorry to hear about the lack of updates. I've been through that.

But I must say... that's a DAUNTING package you sent to the CIC! They might just be super impressed seeing the package you sent them and just approve your application without further investigation! Or so we hope! ;). That's seriously organized! I thought I was organized (being a technical designer, and I'm used to documenting everything) but man, I've been beaten!

Super mighty impressed. I wish I had known this information when my wife and I applied for our sponsorship!

Should be stickied!
could not have said better..I tried saying so

Dr Eng X said:
She is on the critical processing time of CIC. It seems CIC once they saw an organized application they said that is it we will stop right there :) ...
CIC was impressed that they made the cut line based on her application

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
apatel said:
As per the suggestions from experts on this forum, I would include a letter explaining the situation that :

As I recently landed in Canada and have not worked in Canada at all, so haven't filed any tax returns so far, so NO OPTION C PRINT OUT.
This is what I did too, coz I just landed in Canada 5 days before I submitted our application

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dr Eng X said:
could not have said better..I tried saying so

CIC was impressed that they made the cut line based on her application
Hahaha, thanks, hopefully you were being funny ;D

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
evanhindra said:
Based on my wild assumption; the main attribute that could cause an application to failed (returned/rejected/refused) is probably poor preparation. Secondly, the whole marriage by convenience/cultural issues thing. But I'm willing to bet that poor preparation would probably be the highest factor.

Judging by how well prepared and documented as a couple, you and your spouse must've been through together a lot! I'm certain that there's no ingenuity issue, as you have nothing to hide. You have no reason have fear for your application to be rejected.

I think you should just take it easy, since you've done a mighty impressive work (worth repeating every time!). Just a matter of waiting for the Visa Officer to get to your file (and it probably sticks out like a sore thumb; which is a GOOD thing in this case), and you'll be done in a jiffy!

Good luck!
thanks again, sure hope so.. Its talking a lot for me to be patient in all this, my husband is a lot better in waiting. =)
I agree, our relationship was ,and still is ,well documented, coz I am the sentimental type who keeps everything as a remembrance, even some table napkins from our early dates...lol. little did we know that we will be using all the stuff for this process =)

rhenanjay

Jan 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys nagpa notarize ung wife ko sa edmonton ng copy of her PR card pero ayaw daw nila, kelangan b ipanotarize un bago ipasa application?

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rhenanjay said:
guys nagpa notarize ung wife ko sa edmonton ng copy of her PR card pero ayaw daw nila, kelangan b ipanotarize un bago ipasa application?
why are you having it notarized? it it not required. the requirement only says photocopy of PR card. ;D

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
For all the forms, does it have to be dated the same day and signed?

I have done my sponsor application and evaluation on March 10, but then I spent like 18 days doing the spousal questionnaire, so the questionnaire is dated March 28. Would that be fine? Or should I re-do the earlier forms and date them to be March 28th as well?

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
walter8299 said:
For all the forms, does it have to be dated the same day and signed?

I have done my sponsor application and evaluation on March 10, but then I spent like 18 days doing the spousal questionnaire, so the questionnaire is dated March 28. Would that be fine? Or should I re-do the earlier forms and date them to be March 28th as well?
Different dates are fine. It's a long process.

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Thanks canadiangirl

By the way, I have something i am not understanding too well.

When me (sponsor) and my wife (applicant) are working on the spousal questionnaire together.
Since her english is not very fluent, I was the one doing all the typing all the details.
Does that make me an interpreter? Should I sign the interpreter section on the last page of the Spousal Questionnaire?

I was working on the Schedule A under question 8 - Personal History.
It mentions "Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever comes first."

She is 21 years old right now. So from my understand, she only needs to list anything from the month/year she is 18 till today, right?

We only do 10 years if we are 28 or older?

Thank you

jlrp

Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-10-2011
Med's Request
28-12-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
nice. :)

pelipeli said:
Some helpful tips/ info which I have gathered from this forum in all the months of researching and asking questions:

1. No staplers!No bookbinding! Use paperclips or binder clips instead

2. Use tabs and table of contents for better organization

3. Follow checklist for the order of documents

4. Immigrant photos – do not attach on forms, put in small envelope and paperclip to the forms
- It is unclear whether to label 1 photo only among the 9, or label all the nine, so what I did is to provde two sets, one set with only one labeled photo fo the 9, and second set with all 9 photos labeled at the back. I provided an explanation for this, and told them to feel free to discard whchever set will not be used.

5. Letters / Greeting cards – ok to send originals, but ok also to scan, just explain why u are not sending originals

6. Photos – ok to print on photo paper, ok also to print on bond paper with several photos per sheet, with captions (when, where, who is in the photo, who took it, event)

7. Other documents like receipts, etc – ok to paste on paper, ok also to scan and print

8. PDF forms – ok to handwrite when filling up but preferred and better to type it

9. Letters and emails – unofficial translations – this is still a gray area, but presumed ok to be translated unofficialy (by ourselves or family member) just explain this fact and indicate that if they deem it necessary to have official translations then u can provide later on.

10. On the forms, Given name includes Middle Names if you have one (mother's maiden surname) and u may still use your maiden name (if u r married) on the forms. I just checked yes on "other names used" and included my married name.

11. Paper to use – doesnt matter. But we used 8.5x11 for the forms (this is the default in the pdf files) and used A4 for proof of relationship or other additional sheets (coz we have plenty of A4 stocked at home)

12. Any additonal sheet we attached, we put the name of sponsored person, date of birth, name of form, question number and the question being answered

13. Fees- preferred method – Bank or Online? I have read many problems encountered with online payment so I went with bank payment. I ordered the receipt form online.

14. Mailing: you can mail through Canada post or through courier:
if we mail it through good 'ol post office, the address to mail it to is:
Case Processing Centre ─ Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario
L5A 4N6

but if we send it using courier service, the address to send the application to is:
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON L4Z 1H8

Addendum: no minimum req'd income for spouse sponsorship, u can even be unmeployed but shld not be receiving welfare. However, i provided an explanation that i am still searching for a job since I just got back and i will be employed soon. and i explained how am i going to manage for the meantime. I included letters frm my parents and in laws That they are willing to support me for the meantime and from my cousin in Calgary that they will let me stay with them, free food, lodging and utilities until i get a job and afford to have my own place :)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
walter8299 said:
Thanks canadiangirl

When me (sponsor) and my wife (applicant) are working on the spousal questionnaire together.
Since her english is not very fluent, I was the one doing all the typing all the details.
Does that make me an interpreter? Should I sign the interpreter section on the last page of the Spousal Questionnaire?

I was working on the Schedule A under question 8 - Personal History.
It mentions "Provide the details of your personal history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever comes first."

She is 21 years old right now. So from my understand, she only needs to list anything from the month/year she is 18 till today, right?

We only do 10 years if we are 28 or older?

Thank you
I'm not sure about the interpreter but I think you should be clear you helped since she doesn't speak english fluently. So yes I guess but you should get another opinion.

Yes seems like just 18 years to present. They wouldn't want childhood info.

beertoo

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 2010
Med's Request
1.6 t(y)ears of waiting; April 2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Passport Req..
Sometime in Sep. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec. 20, 2012
LANDED..........
Feb 2013; let the countdown begins...;)
pelipeli said:
Hi, thanks for the compliment :) brought tears to my eyes too when i saw it all pacakged up, it was such a mess too when we were starting out but im thankful for all the tips ive learned from many many posts in this thread. and now there it is... I think im gonna shed tears too when i drop it off at the courier :,)
:) nice and sweet preparation. Hopefully it will help to lessen your sleepless nights of waiting time. It's good that you have positively projected your "time line" in you profile. I'm sure you can organized yourself too in dealing for the t(y)ears of waiting, prepare your patience.

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
beertoo said:
:) nice and sweet preparation. Hopefully it will help to lessen your sleepless nights of waiting time. It's good that you have positively projected your "time line" in you profile. I'm sure you can organized yourself too in dealing for the t(y)ears of waiting, prepare your patience.
hi beertoo, yep my "hopeful" timeline projects the normal times for Manila VO. Many of my batchmates have PPR's already and pretty soon it's gonna be Visa, so I don't see it reaching a year of waiting.
I see you are Manila too, but you submitted in 2010, what's taking so long, if you don't mind me asking....

itscoezy

Dec 20, 2010
Puerto Vallarta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Doc's Request.
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-04-2012
Interview........
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
03-01-2013
walter8299 said:
Thanks canadiangirl

Thank you
I'd be interested in hearing what you find out regarding this as I'm in a similar situation

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itscoezy said:
I'd be interested in hearing what you find out regarding this as I'm in a similar situation
In one of the applicant forms, there is a question for who helped you in interpreting the forms. Write down your name and sign it...